There will never be a development studio superior to Squaresoft during their PSOne days.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, thanks RE4.    

I should have stopped gaming after the PS1. DQXI is excellent and yet a pile of horse shit next to these games, it's no Chrono Trigger.    These videos are great and very informative. I wish

Autistic Jap trash era, glad it's over. Muh amnesia LMFAO, most JRPGs are such garbage   Also fuck Vagrant Story, lost like a 3-hour progress back then because save points were so far away, binne

11 hours ago, Ramza said:

:fatcruise: I love Evermore but no. 

Yes, it's my opinion. Everyone likes both gens for rpgs but I prefer the SNES era. FF4/5/6 earthbound/chrono trigger/secret of mana/evermore and espc secret of mana 2 I played that game like 1000 times.  etc etc

And nobody did mention Grandia :bow: 

@Hot Sauce FU. FF8 still owns. edgy bandwagon idiots lmfao

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Someone can't handle opposing views, best not to create opinion threads if you don't want objecting opinions thrown into the conversation.

shut up nobody cares about your opinion because you only play garbage games.

Serious question: how many people are actually replaying PS1-era JRPGs.

I think they made more JRPGs during that era, but the ones that are still held in high regard AND still played is about the same number as the ones that are still played from the SNES-era.

Just now, jehurey said:

Serious question: how many people are actually replaying PS1-era JRPGs.

I think they made more JRPGs during that era, but the ones that are still held in high regard AND still played is about the same number as the ones that are still played from the SNES-era.

I do. And I don't get why some people cry about the spiky 3d graphics. I think they hold up pretty well. Especially FF8 and FF9.  

I think the worst 3D graphics ever come from certain n64 games. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Final-Fantasy-VII1.jpg

:kaz: Childhood nostalgia gone crazy. 

Acting like this wasn't THE hottest shit in the entire world at that time.. :pavarotti: 

Best Game of that Gen.

Best Game of All Time. 

And it's still an ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL game to this day and not many games compare :juggle: 

• Haha 1

Also Wii’s JRPG offerings were the best of that gen. Last Story, Pandora’s Tower, Fragile,  and Arc Rise Fantasia are better than Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant and Blue Dragon. PS3 sucked that gen for JRPGs but that was most of that gen regardless of console. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Anyone play Seiken Densetsu 3? I had to play the fan translation on my emulator but that is probably the 3rd best RPG on SNES. Only behind CT and FFVI. 

yeah like I said I played this game 1000 times. The graphics on snes were amazing. It has high replay value because of the 6 different characters. also one of my fav osts and bosses. :bow: 

but srsly you can call it secret of mana 2. 

Zable Fahr, god beast of darkness owns. and the track "three of darkside" just fits so well. :glad:  love this game :glad: