There will never be a development studio superior to Squaresoft during their PSOne days.

I should have stopped gaming after the PS1. DQXI is excellent and yet a pile of horse shit next to these games, it's no Chrono Trigger. 

These videos are great and very informative. I wish he made one for Parasite Eve as well.

• Like 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, thanks RE4.    

I should have stopped gaming after the PS1. DQXI is excellent and yet a pile of horse shit next to these games, it's no Chrono Trigger.    These videos are great and very informative. I wish

Autistic Jap trash era, glad it's over. Muh amnesia LMFAO, most JRPGs are such garbage   Also fuck Vagrant Story, lost like a 3-hour progress back then because save points were so far away, binne

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'd take the Square and Nintendo games for the SNES over the Square games for the PSOne.

Not me, as much as I love FF4/6 and CT (that's my childhood right there). It's just three games. (I know they made more but nothing on that level, at least in the US)

Square was firing from all cylinders during the PSOne and produced far more games. 

The combined FF PS1 Trilogy, FF Tactics, Parasite Eve, Front Mission 3, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, etc trumps these 3 games. 

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'd take the Square and Nintendo games for the SNES over the Square games for the PSOne.

Not me.  Square was great on SNES, and Crono Trigger is probably the best game they ever made, but the sheer number of great games on PS1 shits all over their SNES days.

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The combined FF PS1 Trilogy, FF Tactics, Parasite Eve, Front Mission 3, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, etc trumps these 3 games. 

I don't have much reverence for much of that list. FF7, FF9, Tactics, and Chrono Cross are kinda all I care about. Xenogears is overrated garbage. The Legend of Dragoon tier (not Square, I know). Fight me.

FF4/5/6 > FF7/9/Tactics, though Tactics is my second favourite FF game.

Not playing a game > FF8

Chrono Trigger > Chrono Cross

Secret of Mana > Vagrant Story

Super Mario RPG > Parasite Eve

Never played any of the Front Mission games.

Square certainly defined a generation with the PS1 RPGs and I think their PS1 offerings are probably more prolific, but I just prefer the SNES offerings. I also find them wayyyy easier to go back to.

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Xenogears is overrated garbage. The Legend of Dragoon tier (not Square, I know). Fight me.

Secret of Mana > Vagrant Story

Super Mario RPG > Parasite Eve

:kaz: 

Go die in a fire.

14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Autistic Jap trash era, glad it's over. Muh amnesia LMFAO, most JRPGs are such garbage :hest: 

Also fuck Vagrant Story, lost like a 3-hour progress back then because save points were so far away, binned that shit after that.

Lumping up these masterpieces with typical B-rate JRPGs. LMFAO :jordan3:

I'll be honest though, Vagrant Story gameplay is not very fun. 

33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'd take Square PS1 over Square SNES as well.  They did amazing work on PS1.  Yall are forgetting Super Mario RPG though as well for SNES.  Godly game.

Mario RPG was great for sure. I loved it as a kid but it didn't really hold up in my eyes over the years. To the point where I just don't give a shit about it anymore.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Not me, as much as I love FF4/6 and CT (that's my childhood right there). It's just three games. (I know they made more but nothing on that level, at least in the US)

and ff4/6 werent on ct's level, so its really just 1 game.

still cant believe its not on the snes classic

18 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon shit all over those games, and it's too bad none of you got a chance to experience it because you had anti-Xbox 360 up some of anuses the entire generation and missed out on two of Hironobu Sakaguchi's last great gems.   

:hest: