Oct NPD pre-results

Just now, Remij_ said:

Fair enough.  Still, I would have expected PS4 to be a bit lower and Xbox and PC to have been just a bit higher in all honesty.  Just because you have 2x the user base doesn't guarantee that you'll sell 2x the competition.  It's still impressive.

It’s because Xbox owners prefer to watch games on YouTube 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

at least xbox will rebound in november with fallout 76          

PS4 continues to prove that having the most AAA exclusives, and the biggest multiplats,  is paramount to being the leader in the console market place. Incredible.  

this dude losing his mind over capacitors       

Just now, madmaltese said:

:D As predicted, RDR2 pushed PS4 hardware due to it's bundle. A Pro bundle, making the PS4 to Xbox One gap larger than usual.

but but X is teh best version and gamers know this and it was $100 off :grimace1:

forever wrong :tom:

You don't know what the breakdown is you presumptuous moron. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't know what the breakdown is you presumptuous moron. 

We know the breakdown of Hardware sales  moron :D 

1.34 to 0.83

Est. to be 330-350K compared to 215K.

That's 50% + higher PS4 sales this month in a region that doesn't have that split usually.

You can never accept the L. :hest: You're happy with made up numbers but hate real ones. 

but but teh X :grimace1:

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

We know the breakdown of Hardware sales  moron :D 

1.34 to 0.83

Est. to be 330-350K compared to 215K.

That's 50% + higher PS4 sales this month in a region that doesn't have that split usually.

You can never accept the L. :hest: You're happy with made up numbers but hate real ones. 

but but teh X :grimace1:

You don't know what the X/S - Pro/Slim breakdown is, stop being a fucking idiot. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't know what the X/S - Pro/Slim breakdown is, stop being a fucking idiot. 

LMFAO. :D  The damage control is amazing. 

You thought thought RDR2 having the best version on X was going to push sales plus it had $100 and I said it would be the other way around due to PS4 marketing and that is what it was. 

This is why you're a joke here, you live in your delusional Dyno land. Just take the L and move on to your Nov/Dec predictions where you can pretend to not be wrong there again :tom:

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

LMFAO. :D  The damage control is amazing. 

You thought thought RDR2 having the best version on X was going to push sales plus it had $100 and I said it would be the other way around due to PS4 marketing and that is what it was. 

This is why you're a joke here, you live in your delusional Dyno land. Just take the L and move on to your Nov/Dec predictions where you can pretend to not be wrong there again :tom:

I said it would push X sales, wheres the Pro vs. X breakdown? Where's the X vs. S breakdown? I didn't say it would outsell the PlayStation 4 on the whole you dumb fuck. Quote me saying otherwise, you can't because I never said anything to the contrary.

You're about as dumb and illiterate as Gooberson. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I said it would push X sales, wheres the Pro vs. X breakdown? Where's the X vs. S breakdown? I didn't say it would outsell the PlayStation 4 on the whole you dumb fuck. Quote me saying otherwise, you can't because I never said anything to the contrary. 

You're about as dumb and illiterate as Gooberson. 

You said it would push huge X numbers and Xbox hardware because it's 'best on X' and I said it would push PS4 hardware because of it's marketing, which is exactly what it did. We got one of the biggest PS4 to Xbox's split of the year if not the biggest :D 

Stop being a baby and asking for things you know we are never going to get. Pro v X, X v S :grimace1: but but I'm not wrong till they release numbers they have never released before. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You said it would push huge X numbers and Xbox hardware because it's 'best on X' and I said it would push PS4 hardware because of it's marketing, which is exactly what it did. We got one of the biggest PS4 to Xbox's split of the year if not the biggest :D 

Stop being a baby and asking for things you know we are never going to get. Pro v X, X v S :grimace1: but but I'm not wrong till they release numbers they have never released before. 

We may not get those figures now or ever but I don't doubt it. Hell on Amazon right now the X is only two positions away in the top 100 sellers from the best selling PS4 which is the base model with Spiderman at #22, the Pro isn't even in the top 100 in any incarnation. My point was always that the X would shutter the Pro and based upon available information that's exactly what's taking place. I doubt that Red Dead bundle actually moved a lot of Pro's, they're still on the shelves at stores local to me, that game no doubt had the biggest impact on the Slim. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

We may not get those figures now or ever but I don't doubt it. Hell on Amazon right now the X is only two positions away in the top 100 sellers from the best selling PS4 which is the base model with Spiderman at #22, the Pro isn't even in the top 100 in any incarnation. My point was always that the X would shutter the Pro and based upon available information that's exactly what's taking place. 

:hest: but but Amazon, the site that has had giant issues with Sony this year and at one point didn't even stock any first party games or allow any preorders (and cancelled existing ones) and had zero Pro systems.

Stop damage controlling, you're embarassing yourself. Our convo was about Red Dead and what system it would push. Just take the L. The PS4 hardware bundle did serious work and these numbers show it. But feel free to live in fairly land. 

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:hest: but but Amazon, the site that has had giant issues with Sony this year and at one point didn't even stock any first party games or allow any preorders (and cancelled existing ones) and had zero Pro systems.

Stop damage controlling, you're embarassing yourself. Our convo was about Red Dead and what system it would push. Just take the L. The PS4 hardware bundle did serious work and these numbers show it. But feel free to live in fairly land. 

Yet that has had no effect for months, and months, and months, and here you are evading trying to bring up irrelevant things that took place back in April. 

You also don't know the bundle did that you gigantic fucking idiot. The Pro has arguably the second worst version of the game, a lot of people are aware no doubt. 

Yet that has had no effect for months, and months, and months, and here you are evading trying to bring up irrelevant things that took place back in April. 

You also don't know the bundle did that you gigantic fucking idiot. The Pro has arguably the second worst version of the game, a lot of people are aware no doubt. 

evading and bringing up irrelevant things...........like bringing up Amazon lists when we are talking about RDR and NPD? :tom:

We know as much as we are ever going to know. A gigantic PS4 to Xbox split, far bigger than usual months. 

PlayStation 4 hardware unit sales achieved an all-time October high for the platform, while PlayStation 4 hardware dollar sales reached its highest point for an October month since October 2014. October 2018 unit sales of PlayStation 4 reached the highest mark for any PlayStation hardware platform in an October month since the PlayStation 2 in October 2002.

Hmmm, that on the back of record RDR2 sales and it breaking every playstation record too that was announced earlier in the month.

I wonder if the two events are related??? Nah, can't be, i'll believe numbers I make up in my mind instead.

53 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well it had 14 more days on the books so that wouldn't surprise me though. 

And RDR2 had two fucking years of announcements and pre-orders and trailers to help make Day One sales as big as they could possibly be.

CoD BLOPS 4 outselling it would be quite a surprise. Nobody was expecting Blops 4 to get this much attention towards it.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

evading and bringing up irrelevant things...........like bringing up Amazon lists when we are talking about RDR and NPD? :tom:

We know as much as we are ever going to know. A gigantic PS4 to Xbox split, far bigger than usual months. 

PlayStation 4 hardware unit sales achieved an all-time October high for the platform, while PlayStation 4 hardware dollar sales reached its highest point for an October month since October 2014. October 2018 unit sales of PlayStation 4 reached the highest mark for any PlayStation hardware platform in an October month since the PlayStation 2 in October 2002.

Hmmm, that on the back of record RDR2 sales and it breaking every playstation record too that was announced earlier in the month.

I wonder if the two events are related??? Nah, can't be, i'll believe numbers I make up in my mind instead.

What is Amazon and where is it? One of the biggest retailers in the United States, also in the United States. What is NPD's data for? The United States. Shopping trends present on Amazon are going to largely echo results region results in the US at large, its footprint is large enough to garner that kind of information reliably. Also out of the last near 5 years of NPD data for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Amazon has only been a faulty predictor for three months. It's batting 56:3. 

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Wait wait, wait a minute.

Dynocrap is TRYING to insinuate, in some twisted way, that in these October NPD numbers, there may have been more Xbox One X's sold than PS4pros??????

:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

I have zero doubts that it did, also I have zero doubt that the X outsold the S in October. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And RDR2 had two fucking years of announcements and pre-orders and trailers to help make Day One sales as big as they could possibly be.

CoD BLOPS 4 outselling it would be quite a surprise. Nobody was expecting Blops 4 to get this much attention towards it.

And? This is Call of Duty with a 14 day lead and three platforms. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And? This is Call of Duty with a 14 day lead and three platforms. 

I guess I have to repeat this again.

RDR2 have almost two entire years of MARKETING and trailers.

Blops 4 basically had about 6-8 months. And the prevailing thought was that the CoD brand was waning, and it was going up against PUBG and Fortnite. People were saying that CoD was no longer the pre-eminent FPS franchise.

Stop trying to play stupid. BLOPS4 achieving this is pretty amazing. Its like beating a GTA game.

Your "fourteen days :lemming:" excuse is irrelevant when a Rockstar game is supposed to be the biggest thing ever on Day 1.

Edited by jehurey
12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What is Amazon and where is it? One of the biggest retailers in the United States, also in the United States. What is NPD's data for? The United States. Shopping trends present on Amazon are going to largely echo results region results in the US at large, its footprint is large enough to garner that kind of information reliably. Also out of the last near 5 years of NPD data for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Amazon has only been a faulty predictor for three months. It's batting 56:3. 

It's actually painful how dumb you are. Amazon is useless this year given it's issues with Sony specifically. You only need to look at the data to realise:

Amazon's  top 2018 yearly sellers has Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Party all above God of War and Spiderman when we know from NPD (which is everything not just one retailer) that the top YTD sellers are:

All Platforms YTD

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII^
  2. Red Dead Redemption II
  3. Far Cry 5
  4. Marvel's Spider-Man
  5. NBA 2K19
  6. God of War 2018
  7. Monster Hunter: World
  8. Madden NFL 19^
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. Call of Duty: WWII^

It is even worse when you look at the list on Amazon closer. Spiderman just above Super Mario Aces on Amazon for the year :D What a reliable data platform.  It's actually saying that BotW had more 2018 sales than GoW and Spiderman :D 

It also has BOTH switch hardware SKUs above any PS4 system for the year when we also know PS4 is leading hardware sales YTD.

You're dumb.