Do you ever visit CNN and Fox News just to see how polar opposite their headlines are?

They are hilarious sites. If something really bad happens and it's bad for the democrats its usually buried on CNN and headline on fox and vice versa if it's something stupid Trump did.  

Which mainstream American news do you guys go to? CBS seems to be the least sensational to me. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Breh. I hear about what's going on one way or the other. And i plug my nose with skepticism. You follow politics like a rat, but have stepped 0 feet in the actual ring. You are just as clueless. I fra

CNN is factual Fox is editorial.  

Being this delusional 

NPR is the least biased.  There's a reason they're regarded as being boring: it's because they don't sensationalize their news.  They tend to get more liberals than conservatives listening because liberals would rather be informed and conservatives would rather have their worldview reinforced.

13 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Oh yeah that's a good unbiased source

if you're interested in the social rammifications of news, it actually is a great source. You get the news article itself, you can see what source it's from (cnn, fox, more posh like wapo, shitty npr, whatever flavor),

and you can see how your common man or woman responds to such a thing.  You can also see where THEY -each target audience--  are from.  WHO are they? What's their identity?  Is this white feller gonna have a white american flag and make americ grea again on his profile pi-- already knew it.

Actually a much better way to get news, if you're actually not a dumby and interested in how News is effecting society.  After all, that's what all the hooplah and propaganda is for. I don't care for news.

I know trump and repubs gave tax cuts of trillions to the rich again when it was their turn again in power, I see... He hasn't fucking ruined the country, (just enabled an ugly base imo)

because the US runs itself at this point, and we as a people probably vote like idiots not voting for social welfare.

Edited by kokujin
4 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

NPR is the least biased.  There's a reason they're regarded as being boring: it's because they don't sensationalize their news.  They tend to get more liberals than conservatives listening because liberals would rather be informed and conservatives would rather have their worldview reinforced.

everyone likes their worldview enforced, but at least liberals want a good world lol.

7 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I dunno about that. They are both extremely opinionated 

No, the difference is night and day.  CNN is generally bad because they sensationalize news, but compared to Fox News they are saints.  That's more a comment on just how bad Fox News is than whether or not CNN is any good.

3 hours ago, kokujin said:

if you're interested in the social rammifications of news, it actually is a great source. You get the news article itself, you can see what source it's from (cnn, fox, more posh like wapo, shitty npr, whatever flavor),

and you can see how your common man or woman responds to such a thing.  You can also see where THEY -each target audience--  are from.  WHO are they? What's their identity?  Is this white feller gonna have a white american flag and make americ grea again on his profile pi-- already knew it.

Actually a much better way to get news, if you're actually not a dumby and interested in how News is effecting society.  After all, that's what all the hooplah and propaganda is for. I don't care for news.

I know trump and repubs gave tax cuts of trillions to the rich again when it was their turn again in power, I see... He hasn't fucking ruined the country, (just enabled an ugly base imo)

because the US runs itself at this point, and we as a people probably vote like idiots not voting for social welfare.

That's probably the worst way to digest news.

For starters, you are at the mercy of a private corporation disseminating a very small amount of news articles to you, and right behind it are people upvoting other associated articles which may or may not come from reputable sources, AND on top of that, the person who posts this article on the Facebook time gets to add their own comment on top of it, which is basically like giving them the privilege to create their own headline and byline on top of the article.

The whole "if you are interested in how News is effecting society" is a poor excuse. Because you're judging it from a place in which they are mixing reputable with anonymous, and trying to get to the information by having to parse yourself through tons of opinions before you even click to open up the article.

Your hanging out with people who also aren't digesting the news properly.

Your basically wanting to see what other people think of the news before you read the actual piece of news and come to your own conclusion on what you think about it.

I can understand doing that as your 4th or 5th destination of checking up on the news throughout the day. But its absolutely horrible to think that this would be a person's 1st destination for checking today's news.

5 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Being this delusional :trump2:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

That's probably the worst way to digest news.

For starters, you are at the mercy of a private corporation disseminating a very small amount of news articles to you, and right behind it are people upvoting other associated articles which may or may not come from reputable sources, AND on top of that, the person who posts this article on the Facebook time gets to add their own comment on top of it, which is basically like giving them the privilege to create their own headline and byline on top of the article.

The whole "if you are interested in how News is effecting society" is a poor excuse. Because you're judging it from a place in which they are mixing reputable with anonymous, and trying to get to the information by having to parse yourself through tons of opinions before you even click to open up the article.

Your hanging out with people who also aren't digesting the news properly.

Your basically wanting to see what other people think of the news before you read the actual piece of news and come to your own conclusion on what you think about it.

I can understand doing that as your 4th or 5th destination of checking up on the news throughout the day. But its absolutely horrible to think that this would be a person's 1st destination for checking today's news.

if the source comes from CNN, or WApo, and I already know what to expect from CNN and Wapo...

25 minutes ago, kokujin said:

if the source comes from CNN, or WApo, and I already know what to expect from CNN and Wapo...

No you don't.

You're basically saying "well, I don't want to visit news outlets who put US News and US politics on their front page".  Okay, you can proceed to go ahead and view international news, and other sections.

If you see an article that begins with the last name of a CNN or WaPo writer, then that's a commentary article, you can skip it.

But you get your news from Facebook is LITERALLY backwards........its like a news article where the comment section is at the top of the webpage, and you have to get through that to read the news article at the bottom.

Breh. I hear about what's going on one way or the other. And i plug my nose with skepticism. You follow politics like a rat, but have stepped 0 feet in the actual ring. You are just as clueless. I frankly don't care for news. More concerned about people of all races and ideology affiliations understanding each other. I'm looking hard at symptoms of/within social structures. You're pretending to be a brain surgeon who can diagnose the cause of tumors because you watch Al Jazeera, faggot. 

Edited by kokujin
  • Haha 4
32 minutes ago, kokujin said:

Breh. I hear about what's going on one way or the other. And i plug my nose with skepticism. You follow politics like a rat, but have stepped 0 feet in the actual ring. You are just as clueless. I frankly don't care for news. More concerned about people of all races and ideology affiliations understanding each other. I'm looking hard at symptoms of/within social structures. You're pretending to be a brain surgeon who can diagnose the cause of tumors because you watch Al Jazeera, faggot. 

Wow, you really sound manic and all over the place, like as if you thought of 5 comebacks and couldn't decide which one to use, so you typed all of them. lol

You seem more concerned with STATUS than you are with knowledge. Usually the people who bark that they know alot of stuff, usually don't.

"I'm looking hard at the symptoms" lol. Sounds like a college student who didn't read the book.

Edited by jehurey