Might buy a switch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering how bad and uncomfortable sony controllers have been for a decade this shouldn't be an issue

There have been NO performance improvements to the game on WiiU.  It's the exact same performance as when it launched.  It slows down significantly more, and more often, than the Switch version does..

The system only has 32gb's of storage and some games require large installs so you will need an SD card for extended storage. ($20-$40)   Also you'll want to buy a glass screen protector, th

• Yes it's $20 a year and not worth it when you weigh the landscape of online games. The only perk is some NES games you have access to.
  • No other systems games work on Switch, Nintendo killed the virtual console
  • Amiibo and some DLC depending on the game
Edited by DynamiteCop!
42 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:
  • Yes it's $20 a year and not worth it when you weigh the landscape of online games. The only perk is some NES games you have access to.
  • No other systems games work on Switch, Nintendo killed the virtual console
  • Amiibo and some DLC depending on the game

thx

anything else i should know b4 i buy?  

31 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

thx

anything else i should know b4 i buy?  

The system only has 32gb's of storage and some games require large installs so you will need an SD card for extended storage. ($20-$40)

Also you'll want to buy a glass screen protector, the screen is soft plastic and very prone to scuffs and scratches plus the dock itself leaves blemishes on the screen. ($10)

The Joycons are small and awkward to hold if you don't have female or asian hands so you'll want to buy a Pro controller as well. The Joycons also have no D-pad, they have directional buttons. To add to this all the triggers are digital on both the Joycons and Pro controller so no gradual roll ons, it's just an on and off switch. ($70)

If you want to play online and use voice communication you will need an app on your phone that a headset can connect to. 

Games will also be more expensive in general, not just Nintendo games but also third party titles with physical releases. Third parties have to offset the cost of the catridges versus optical media.

The system is a money pit to bring up to normal and acceptable standards for any other console, just be aware.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Pro Controller is a must imo. The joycons even with the grip are unusable.

One of the shittiest controller ever made. :D I can't imagine people playing Mario and Bayonetta with that abomination. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

One of the shittiest controller ever made. :D I can't imagine people playing Mario and Bayonetta with that abomination. 

Considering how bad and uncomfortable sony controllers have been for a decade this shouldn't be an issue

• NPC 2
7 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Surely he's referring to the Joycons and not the Switch Pro controller, right?  Because the Pro controller is easily the best and most comfortable controller out there.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Sony controllers are amazing. Or you want the three hand monstrosity for N64, the one analog Gamecube controller, the Wii more or the U Pad?

The original Sixaxsis controller was garbage for PS3. Way too light. 

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Surely he's referring to the Joycons and not the Switch Pro controller, right?  Because the Pro controller is easily the best and most comfortable controller out there.

Except it has digital triggers which immediately invalidates it as the best controller.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Except it has digital triggers which immediately invalidates it as the best controller.

It makes it not ideal for some games, but more ideal for others.  Hell, even the Xbox One Elite controller has switches to shorten the throw so that it's basically a digital trigger.

Of course, that would be the optimal solution for the Pro controller as well... I can't lie.  I'd also take the Xbox One's d-pad over the Pro controller's.  But the buttons and everything else are quite close to perfect for me.  It's definitely the more comfortable of the two imo.

They're all pretty great controllers with pluses and minuses though really.

20 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

The only good controller is a Dualshock. Lmao at playing fighting games or sidescrollers without the best dpad in the industry. Not my fault if your ogre hands aren't comfortable around one. :tom: 

But the issue with the joycons isn't if it's confy or not, the joysticks and buttons placement are a fucking joke.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Not with that Garbo dpad, no analog triggers and no pressure sensitive buttons 

Just now, Voidler said:

Not with that Garbo dpad, no analog triggers and no pressure sensitive buttons 

Which buttons on the other controllers are pressure sensitive?  lmao.

Yea, the d-pad is garbo, but only because of the input issue, it feels great otherwise.

What games are actually using analog triggers?  Racing games and uh.....  LOL.  The importance of analog triggers is overstated.   They're obviously nice to have... but they're actually criminally underused compared to how much importance people place on them.

All next gen controllers should have dual-stage triggers though anyway.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

The original Sixaxsis controller was garbage for PS3. Way too light. 

No. The ps3 controller was fine. I think my fav pads are ps4 -> ps3 -> n64 pad. 

Maybe your brain is too light.