Looks like we could see a Next Gen targeted game at The Game Awards

Kinda forgot that shit was coming up.  Hopefully there's some good shit to show.

With Sony not being at E3 next year, and it being very unlikely that they have anything to announce for the first half of the year (otherwise they would have just done their E3 this year and then stopped next year imo) do you guys think we'll see something new from The Last of Us 2? 

Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

The first two years of next gen will be the games you're playing now with resolution/framerate bumps.

That's PC gaming already.. :| 

Nah man.. you're going to be surprised at just how good shit looks within the first year.  It's going to be quite the jump.

Just now, Remij_ said:

That's PC gaming already.. :| 

Nah man.. you're going to be surprised at just how good shit looks within the first year.  It's going to be quite the jump.

If they're targetting 4k...yeah, it'll be like the start of this gen.

3 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

If they're targetting 4k...yeah, it'll be like the start of this gen.

Nah.  Assuming we see legit next gen only games within the first year,  they'll put current gen games to shame visually.  You'll see breh.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  Assuming we see legit next gen only games within the first year,  they'll put current gen games to shame visually.  You'll see breh.

I'm not saying there won't be an upgrade.  I'm saying the first two years will be a remaster-fest.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I think they'll no doubt look better but will be a large sufferer of diminishing returns. I'm not expecting a 7th to 8th gen leap, maybe half as pronounced as that if even.

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think they'll no doubt look better but will be a large sufferer of diminishing returns. I'm not expecting a 7th to 8th gen leap, maybe half as pronounced as that if even.

There will definitely be diminishing returns in some ways, however, there's going to be obscene amounts of geometry possible on next generation hardware.  It shouldn't be understated just how much of a difference that can make.  Draw distances can and will be pushed out much farther than before... and it's one of those things that you don't really think about it until you see them compared, but expect to see much "fuller" looking and natural scenes with far more physics and unique objects and texture detail.

Mesh shaders and Task shaders are going to allow for INSANE amounts of shit happening on the screen at once.  Current gen games can't even possibly hope reflect what's coming man.

I'm already looking at BF5 on PC, and I don't know if it's the same as the console versions or more pronounced, but the amount of leaves and movement in the Tirailleur War Story, the forest area at the beginning with all the leaves blowing and leaves scattered on the ground and explosions shaking the trees causing even more leaves to fall down and blow in the wind... it's fucking STUNNING.  Next gen games are going to easily surpass that though.  It's going to look dated next gen though.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Maybe Navi has some magical grafixxx hax to bypass workloads of current gen shit like free AA or resolution etc.

The biggest change and improvement is going to come from the new shader pipeline which will allow things never possible before.  With the extra memory and CPU, game geometry complexity is about to sky rocket, meaning less fake bullshit and more actual geometry which will better and more accurately react to lighting and improve smaller visible details all over the scene. 

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Team 2020 is looking sillier and sillier.

It's so stupid that literally every ounce of evidence points towards 2020 and you keep digging yourself deeper. 

I am going to ban you over this :juggle: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's so stupid that literally every ounce of evidence points towards 2020 and you keep digging yourself deeper. 

I am going to ban you over this :juggle: 

Then I will unban him.

So that I can then re-ban him. :ben:

• Haha 1

I think TLOU 2 is going to get the Rockstar / GOW treatment  we won’t see much more than we’ve already seen before release

I reckon we will see Death Stranding release date though with word the game is finished and in polishing

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

I think TLOU 2 is going to get the Rockstar / GOW treatment  we won’t see much more than we’ve already seen before release

I reckon we will see Death Stranding release date though with word the game is finished and in polishing

Seems pretty reasonable.

people that say "some" death stranding trailers were boring etc. can suck a huge one. This game will blow everyone away.

mastermind kojima never let us down. this game will be the BEST game ever made. mark my words. 

1000 years from now they will still talk about this game. :glad: