Sign in to follow this  
ghostz

The Stupid Phone Thread

I got a new phone with a new plan.  Galaxy S9.   I feel like a GOD

• Like 1

ios is now getting  the smart download Netflix feature....... 8 months after Android :hehe:

Netflix’s Smart Downloads feature, which launched on Android last year, is coming to iOS. The feature, which can be toggled on and off from the Downloads section of the app, automatically deletes each downloaded episode as you watch them

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

ios is now getting  the smart download Netflix feature....... 8 months after Android :hehe:

Netflix’s Smart Downloads feature, which launched on Android last year, is coming to iOS. The feature, which can be toggled on and off from the Downloads section of the app, automatically deletes each downloaded episode as you watch them

What a ground breaking feature 

Big-name travel apps may secretly record your iPhone screen, including credit card info

A TechCrunch investigation into session replay technology highlights iOS abuses

:hehe:

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Big-name travel apps may secretly record your iPhone screen, including credit card info

A242E309-0C11-4EAF-8FE5-95309F4A87A9.thumb.png.db7eaf030c4732ea7273b5ff8b15557f.png

:tom5:

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=238472937b69254b

A242E309-0C11-4EAF-8FE5-95309F4A87A9.thumb.png.db7eaf030c4732ea7273b5ff8b15557f.png

:tom5:

They released that story based on PATCH NOTES aka was already patched. 

Google has also patched the flaws in an update for its own devices.

Renowned brands such as Samsung and LG usually release updates a few days after Google.

Meanwhile apps on iOS are still allowed to steal your info :hehe:

Just now, ghostz said:

No they weren’t :kaz: 

On 2019-02-08 at 10:20 AM, Goukosan said:

I just posted a video of a punk-ass annoyingly-sounding 15 year old kid creating a shitty app, getting his shitty app APPROVED within 48 hours, and then demonstrating it to Buzzfeed that he can turn on the camera and have videos sent to him while you iPhone users don't know about it.

34 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I just posted a video of a punk-ass annoyingly-sounding 15 year old kid creating a shitty app, getting his shitty app APPROVED within 48 hours, and then demonstrating it to Buzzfeed that he can turn on the camera and have videos sent to him while you iPhone users don't know about it.

If you think it can be done on iPhones, it’s certainly happening on android... on your phone... Right now! :D 

Just now, ghostz said:

If you think it can be done on iPhones, it’s certainly happening on android... on your phone... Right now! :D 

Nope.

My Android OS automatically makes a message when my camera is turned on.  The only time it has occurred in a program that surprised me was Firefox.

But specifically in Firefox when I am visiting a Gawker-related website. Like it became obvious what was happening. Great messaging from Android.