Nvidia RTX Titan "leaked"

44 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Looks like you're in the bargaining and on your way to the acceptance phase. :smug:

:cosby2: 

I didn't buy the Titan X Pascal nor the Titan V... And I was very happy with my 1080 Ti..   With the 2080 Ti, I looked at the T102 die and decided that any potential "full chip" gpu wouldn't be worth what they'd ask for it, as they've had been moving the Titan line to the professional space for a while now.  It was obvious to see.

You're damn right I'm happy with my 2080 Ti purchase.  30-35% faster than the 1080 Ti in traditional gaming, plus untapped potential with new Shaders and DLSS pushing that far beyond.  I'm glad I got mine at launch when I did, because new tariffs with China are likely going to raise the prices of these GPUs and possibly game consoles as well.  No threat from AMD for the next 8 months at least means that prices will only go up and not down.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He owns an Xbox One - in Europe; I'm sure he's quite familiar with the term.

lmfao 2080Ti already obsolete PC gaming

This Clown, hypes up and buys into new nvidia product, few weeks later he's suckered into a new one   No wonder he was a lemming. Companies prey on clowns like these.

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This Clown, hypes up and buys into new nvidia product, few weeks later he's suckered into a new one :tom:

No wonder he was a lemming. Companies prey on clowns like these.

You're obviously not reading the thread..  You probably saw that one comment in the OP and are running with it, which I put there specifically to goad idiots like you into responding.  :hest: 

3 hours ago, TLHBO said:

This Clown, hypes up and buys into new nvidia product, few weeks later he's suckered into a new one :tom:

No wonder he was a lemming. Companies prey on clowns like these.

Best part is there are no good games that take fully advantage of these cards, PC gaming is a sham for suckers :rofl: 

Edited by bhytre
Just now, bhytre said:

Best part is there are no good games that take fully advantage of these cards, PC gaming is a sham :rofl: 

Every game takes advantage of these cards. :cosby2: 

I sometimes forget that you're stuck with the impression that 60fps is the holy grail here :smilecry:

7 hours ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

I didn't buy the Titan X Pascal nor the Titan V... And I was very happy with my 1080 Ti..   With the 2080 Ti, I looked at the T102 die and decided that any potential "full chip" gpu wouldn't be worth what they'd ask for it, as they've had been moving the Titan line to the professional space for a while now.  It was obvious to see.

You're damn right I'm happy with my 2080 Ti purchase.  30-35% faster than the 1080 Ti in traditional gaming, plus untapped potential with new Shaders and DLSS pushing that far beyond.  I'm glad I got mine at launch when I did, because new tariffs with China are likely going to raise the prices of these GPUs and possibly game consoles as well.  No threat from AMD for the next 8 months at least means that prices will only go up and not down.

:awww:

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Ike said:

My gf really wants to build a rig. She really only leads a mid-high machine. Do you think the 1070 TI is a good GPU for the price? I’m thinking she should just get that with an i7-8700 and 16gb DDR3 with a 1tb SSD. 

Edit: Keep in mind she’ll mostly be using it for LoL and Overwatch lol 

Just wait for a good GPU to pop up on slickdeals front page and snag that up

Yep, confirmed specs:

• 4608 CUDA cores
  • 576 Tensor cores
  • 96 ROPs
  • 24 GB GDDR6
  • 672GB/sec memory bandwidth
  • $2,499

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13668/nvidia-unveils-rtx-titan-2500-top-turing

The Tensor cores on the RTX Titan are capable of full FP32 accumulation, which was reduced to half speed on the Geforce cards.  So the Tensor core performance is more than 2x faster.  Not that it means much for gaming or anything.   But yea, 24GB RAM as well.  It's essentially a Quadro RTX 6000 for less than half the price.

So about 10% faster than the 2080Ti in gaming and 2x the price... haha and you idiots thought I'd be regretting my purchase :mj: 

The card should be released by the end of the year.

Oh, Nvidia also today just announced that they are open sourcing PhysX.

Free, Open-Source, GPU-Accelerated

PhysX will now be the only free, open-source physics solution that takes advantage of GPU acceleration and can handle large virtual environments.

It will be available as open source starting Monday, Dec. 3, under the simple BSD-3 license.

PhysX solves some serious challenges.

• In AI, researchers need synthetic data — artificial representations of the real world — to train data-hungry neural networks.
  • In robotics, researchers need to train robotic minds in environments that work like the real one.
  • For self-driving cars, PhysX allows vehicles to drive for millions of miles in simulators that duplicate real-world conditions.
  • In game development, canned animation doesn’t look organic and is time consuming to produce at a polished level.
  • In high-performance computing, physics simulations are being done on ever more powerful machines with ever greater levels of fidelity.
  • The list goes on.

PhysX SDK addresses these challenges with scalable, stable and accurate simulations. It’s widely compatible, and it’s now open source.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/12/03/physx-high-fidelity-open-source/

That's actually a huge deal.  PhysX is more utilized than people think (software physX that is... but now people have access to the GPU accelerated and so it can be improved upon for any GPU.