I know, I know.. another RE2 pic thread, but this one has tons of 4K pics (Ada looks perfect) locations, characters, monster spoilerz enter at own risk

Don't say I didn't warn you

Spoiler

wpvrGhE.jpg

D4j166a.jpg

Nl4I6YM.jpg

46127003141_4b9d41fa5e_o.jpg

sTY9PbL.jpg

FJuWSDu.jpg

KW6YbGb.jpg

QXwj7al.jpg

0LPnMVz.jpg

oGafBmk.jpg

SDugMor.jpg

Tq0IkRn.jpg

LBdUvaa.jpg

Es2j9zz.jpg

z506ciu.jpg

fExrtrD.jpg

oW3JmGH.jpg

mH0bXaY.jpg

pIno4EQ.jpg

rLjuSWc.jpg

42FGH98.jpg

y1N26ez.jpg

5KvpaoS.jpg

Mn2Xrnx.jpg

NapNMpb.jpg

5FbhIcw.jpg

j0ZpH3V.jpg

c3o9bKU.jpg

Yvrfyox.jpg

Holy fucking SHIT... Capcom are so fucking BACK.  The RE Engine is insane..  DMCV looks just incredible too.  This at 60fps on current gen hardware is just incredible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Remij changed the title to I know, I know.. another RE2 pic thread, but this one has tons of 4K pics (Ada looks perfect) locations, characters, monster spoilerz enter at own risk
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't say I didn't warn you       Holy fucking SHIT... Capcom are so fucking BACK.  The RE Engine is insane..  DMCV looks just incredible too.  This at 60fps on current gen hardw

Its really not all that impressive graphically. In fact it definitely feels like its missing the atmosphere of the original game (theres a real lack of grit and dilapidation to everything. its too cle

Man, I hope this controls like a dream.  The controls in Revelations 2 were kinda floaty, and if I'mma have an immortal neckbeard in a fedora chasing my ass through the police station, I don't want to

Posted Images

Man, I hope this controls like a dream.  The controls in Revelations 2 were kinda floaty, and if I'mma have an immortal neckbeard in a fedora chasing my ass through the police station, I don't want to be fighting with the controls to get away. :scared: 

• Upvote 1

They’re definitely using dark and blacks for their advantage which for a horror game is perfect and a smart thing to do so they can focus power on the visible assets. 

Edited by Ike

Its really not all that impressive graphically. In fact it definitely feels like its missing the atmosphere of the original game (theres a real lack of grit and dilapidation to everything. its too clean). Im not trying to sound like a downer but the more they release of the game the less enthusiastic i get about it. Im still very much going to buy it and enjoy it but im adjusting my expectations. I was on the fance before but at this point I realize that i would have very much preferred they handled it like REmake and just made CG backdrops with a fixed camera.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its really not all that impressive graphically. In fact it definitely feels like its missing the atmosphere of the original game (theres a real lack of grit and dilapidation to everything. its too clean). Im not trying to sound like a downer but the more they release of the game the less enthusiastic i get about it. Im still very much going to buy it and enjoy it but im adjusting my expectations. I was on the fance before but at this point I realize that i would have very much preferred they handled it like REmake and just made CG backdrops with a fixed camera.

Oh fuck off that it's not impressive graphically.   It's a 60fps game :D  I mean look at the character models ffs

rLjuSWc.jpg&key=c3cd9d59b1bd7fc4da230f9f

And if anything you have it backwards...  There's way more grit and things are much more dilapidated in this remake than they were in the original.. which I would accept as a valid complaint about the change in atmosphere.  The remake is darker, things are flooded, lights aren't working in areas where in the original they are bright as day..

Like that level of fluidity and animation across this game and all of it's characters and stuff is hugely impressive.

You're allowed your opinion man, it sucks that you're not feeling it... and I completely understand still wishing that they would have done the pre-rendered backgrounds with fixed camera angles... but this remake is far more impressive than I think most people would have thought Capcom would have done.  Most people were sure that it was going to have a meager budget and that they weren't going to go "all in" so to speak.. but that's clearly not the case.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Oh fuck off that it's not impressive graphically.   It's a 60fps game :D  I mean look at the character models ffs

And if anything you have it backwards...  There's way more grit and things are much more dilapidated in this remake than they were in the original.. which I would accept as a valid complaint about the change in atmosphere.  The remake is darker, things are flooded, lights aren't working in areas where in the original they are bright as day..

Like that level of fluidity and animation across this game and all of it's characters and stuff is hugely impressive.

You're allowed your opinion man, it sucks that you're not feeling it... and I completely understand still wishing that they would have done the pre-rendered backgrounds with fixed camera angles... but this remake is far more impressive than I think most people would have thought Capcom would have done.  Most people were sure that it was going to have a meager budget and that they weren't going to go "all in" so to speak.. but that's clearly not the case.

Im not sure how you can look at the lastest media and still think this is being faithful to the original game. Everything from the art style, to the design, to the core gameplay mechanics screams Revelations. Im not trying to be naive but this is essentially Revelations 3 with RE2's setting and characters (and with a much higher budget, as a result of them riding on RE2's name). Theres no way its going to have the impact of REmake, which revamped the presentation while still remaining faithful to the original game it was based on.

Edited by Twinblade
Just now, Twinblade said:

Im not sure how you can look at the lastest media and still think this is being faithful to the original game. Everything from the art style, to the design, to the core gameplay mechanics screams Revelations. Im not trying to be naive but this is essentially Revelations 3 with RE2's setting and characters. Theres no way its going to have the impact of REmake, which revamped the presentation while still remaining faithful to the original game it was based on.

I think it's a Remake.... :| 

It's a re-imagination of the events of RE2... with more modern design and gameplay mechanics.  It's a bit of RE2, with RE4, RE7, and Revelations.  I'm not going to go around relegate this as Revelations with RE2 skin..  You're seeing what you want to see because it's not the Remake that you would have preferred.  That's fine, but... but there's plenty of reasons to go the route they've chosen to go with this game.  Basically any over the shoulder RE game to you is going to be "Revelations"... which is bullshit.  You're not even giving the game a chance.. you've already decided it is what it is, and will go in wanting to be disappointed... simply because it's not what you wanted.  All I can say is I hope the game changes your mind when you actually play it... but chances are it wont because you're not going to be as open to it.

The art style is pretty much exactly what I wanted.  If you took these same gfx and propped the camera in flatteringly crafted camera angles and showed Leon walking around in 3rd person... this is exactly what you'd probably want a "REmake style RE2 remake" to be.  I remember saying the same thing about RE7 when people were complaining about that.

40591168984_24ae5699ab_o.jpg

41304696051_15275d1c87_o.jpg

Those could be pre-rendered backgrounds shots..  The art style and design is this new RE2 is perfect for me.  It's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for (darker, grittier, and more atmosphere) However I will 100% agree that it's a different kind of atmosphere.  Which is more dependent on personal taste, as to whether it's better or not.  This is more focused on displaying the horror which the department went through leading up to the events of RE2, where as the original had a different atmosphere of being abandoned and eerily empty.

Basically, I get that you're not feeling it, I get that you'd prefer a more traditional REmake game... but this is still clearly RE2, and it's a new take on it.  I was hoping for the same game that you were hoping for now Twinblade when they first announced they were working on it.. but that was mostly due to the fact that I wanted things to look a high fidelity as possible.  Meaning the backgrounds would look photo realistic pre-rendered, and characters would have way more budget to look insane... but what we're getting here is already insane to me.  I love the way that the camera can zoom in and get right up close to when a zombie or monster bites/attacks you.  It's more visceral.

x65GboX.gif

I. Fucking. Love. That. Shit.

I think we're all going to be surprised.  We don't really know what to expect at this point... despite getting all these details.  It's more interesting than to think... we'll we're gonna get the same thing but prettier..

I'm all in on this game now.. Capcom have proven themselves to me :blessed: