Yikes, is Portland really the worst city in US?

23 minutes ago, -GD- said:

no clue. yeah, it has some shit areas in the city, but it's a lot better than miami. you can't even compare the two. 

Yeah, Miami is rough. Orlando, too. Tampa is nowhere close. Tampa has about the same violent crime rate as Seattle, which is about a third of the violent crime rate in Detroit, St. Louis, and Memphis, and lower than places like Boston, Denver, Pittsburgh, Charlotte, etc.

I'm just really curious where the idea that Tampa is on the level of Detroit came from.

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, -GD- said:

no clue. yeah, it has some shit areas in the city, but it's a lot better than miami. you can't even compare the two. 

I've lived in the midwest and I'd take Miami over anything.  I live in the hood. 3 people got shot in a drive by the other day on 27th and around nw 54th. There is a serious ongoing problem there. You working in the news, what do people say? The shootings are relatively always in the same places it seems and nothing has ever changed. I see people marching for gun control every time that happens but why does no one do more? Is it that the white/cuban politicians are just ignoring the problems there? Are they responsible for their own issues like Opa-Locka?  It just makes me sad there is a lot good culture that has come out of even Liberty City and artists but damn, you can see this stuff going on in the first 48 since  a long ass time ago. And even before that it's nothing new, it's gotten media attention, and it still goes on.

Edited by roflpwnedz

LMAO of course it's this douche-nozzle.

I can name entire states that are infinitely worse than the single city of Portland, and they're all in the Bible Belt.  Kentucky and Mississippi immediately come to mind.  Oklahoma sucks shit, too.  I'd throw Florida in there, but it has Key West and Didny Whorl, so I'mma let that one slide.

49 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

I've lived in the midwest and I'd take Miami over anything.  I live in the hood. 3 people got shot in a drive by the other day on 27th and around nw 54th. There is a serious ongoing problem there. You working in the news, what do people say? The shootings are relatively always in the same places it seems and nothing has ever changed. I see people marching for gun control every time that happens but why does no one do more? Is it that the white/cuban politicians are just ignoring the problems there? Are they responsible for their own issues like Opa-Locka?  It just makes me sad there is a lot good culture that has come out of even Liberty City and artists but damn, you can see this stuff going on in the first 48 since  a long ass time ago. And even before that it's nothing new, it's gotten media attention, and it still goes on.

man, there are so many fucked crimes we don't even report - there's no time in the shows. we just cherry pick the strongest ones. there's definitely a serious problem in northwest miami-dade and miami gardens. holy fuck. i do think the white cuban politicians only care about the gables, hialeah, sweetwater and kendall.