Epic is launching their own Digital Games Store to compete directly with STEAM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hermit V. Hermit: Basement Warfare

PC getting more and more fragmented by the day, I'm so glad I jumped ship. What a damn joke... You literally need like 8 accounts and DD platforms at different places just to play and buy games.

LOL.   Wait a minute.............so people are complaining that they prefer that the WIDEST, most OPEN platform..........only have ONE method for buying games on that platform?   Y

This is awesome news, especially for smaller developers. Epic really have been incredibly supportive of ppl using their engine lately and this is the next step. Steam still has too much of a monopoly on the PC market even with there being competitors. Epic the first truly major rival

27 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The guy crying about PC gaming being fragmented has multiple TVs and displays in one room to be able to play a multitude of old ass hardware. LMAO

I'm not surprised he freaks out over this though, when he had a meltdown over slightly different Xbox games cases in his collection. :tom:  What a faggot. 

Those are fragmented by the necessity of seperate manufactures, hardware packages and operating software. PC is a single platform, Windows is a single OS which houses all these games, and within that gaming accessibility is fragmented.

That's not in the least bit comparable; faggot.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Those are fragmented by the necessity of seperate manufactures, hardware packages and operating software. PC is a single platform, Windows is a single OS which houses all these games, and within that gaming accessibility is fragmented.

The issue is that one bothers you a lot while doing something else that is even more fragmented, you homo. Double standards much? I'm aware you don't really have a choice, duh.

It's made especially worse when you think a few emulators on your PC would do all that.

Edited by Ramza
Just now, Ramza said:

The issue is that one bothers you a lot while doing something else that is even more fragmented, you homo. Double standards much? I'm aware you don't really have a choice, duh.

One bothers me because it doesn't need to be that way and previously never was. The other has to be separated.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

One bothers me because it doesn't need to be that way and previously never was. The other has to be separated.

Lol? PC physical games at retail is dead and it's never coming back. So you want one company to hold a monopoly on digital games (on a open platform nonetheless) out of convenience. You'd love it if you could only buy games from the windows digital store wouldn't you?

12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol? PC physical games at retail is dead and it's never coming back. So you want one company to hold a monopoly on digital games (on a open platform nonetheless) out of convenience. You'd love it if you could only buy games from the windows digital store wouldn't you?

I don't care where as long as it's a good platform. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Steam is turning into shit, they need some kind of quality control, there's so much worthless trash it's taking away the visibility of actual good games. So it's not such a bad thing that Epic are going to compete with them.

You're just lazy (except when it comes to dealing with multiple hardware, cables and monitors). lol

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

wow there it is. he wants a microsoft store with everything to praise the shit out of like the little lemshit he is. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh..................................so you're saying that VIRTUAL button click on different icons is not comparable with you literally having to handle different peices of hardware.

You're right, it isn't comparable.

Its easier managing virtual items in front of you with a mouse click than it is managing physical items.

On 2018-12-04 at 3:35 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

PC getting more and more fragmented by the day, I'm so glad I jumped ship. What a damn joke... You literally need like 8 accounts and DD platforms at different places just to play and buy games.

Garbage :tom:

@Remij_ Just mere days after I said this lol... People are getting tired of this shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/umm-so-i-guess-its-time-to-talk-about-fragmentation-of-pc-gaming-storefronts-maybe.85990/

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

@Remij_ Just mere days after I said this lol... People are getting tired of this shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/umm-so-i-guess-its-time-to-talk-about-fragmentation-of-pc-gaming-storefronts-maybe.85990/

I've posted in that very thread.. This is just ResetERA is throwing a tissy.  Nothing to see here.  Do you think I was expecting them to act any other way regarding this?  :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I've posted in that very thread.. This is just ResetERA is throwing a tissy.  Nothing to see here. :tom: 

The straw is breaking the camels back; hence my timing and then this coming about shortly after. People are hitting their breaking point of tolerance.

People are acting like you have to buy a new PC . It's a different app , lol .

Refusing to buy games because of that . You are right tho , if steam did the same thing they would be cheering them just like they cheer sony when they buy exclusives .

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The straw is breaking the camels back; hence my timing and then this coming about shortly after. People are hitting their breaking point of tolerance.

Then kindly stick to your preferred platforms and play the games that release there.... Not a big fucking deal at all.

If you're too bewildered by a different icon to click on, then stick to your lane.  It's only as complicated as you want to make it.

lmao people's tolerance..  These idiots advocating an open platform... hating on anything that isn't Steam.  It's fucking STUPID.  And as I told them... they are the ones miserable.  It's not my fucking problem.

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Refusing to buy games because of that . You are right tho , if steam did the same thing they would be cheering them just like they cheer sony when they buy exclusives .

Yep.  They are fucking hypocrites.

I've always said that Valve should be buying up some exclusive games and partnering with studios to prop them up.  But they just automate every thing and aren't building lasting relationships with publishers/devs, so they are splitting when other stores offer them some incentive.  What the fuck do I care?  All of these clients function on my Windows PC.  If I'm not happy with the price of a game.. I wait until it lowers to what I think is acceptable.

Those idiots acting like they are deserved every game on every platform to make their own decisions and spend as much or little as they want to... lol fuck off.

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Payment information, login details, game locations, friends, different policies and EULA's left and right, everything scattered all over the place, it is a garbage mess.