Epic is launching their own Digital Games Store to compete directly with STEAM

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hermit V. Hermit: Basement Warfare

PC getting more and more fragmented by the day, I'm so glad I jumped ship. What a damn joke... You literally need like 8 accounts and DD platforms at different places just to play and buy games.

LOL.   Wait a minute.............so people are complaining that they prefer that the WIDEST, most OPEN platform..........only have ONE method for buying games on that platform?   Y

47 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Damn, and they intend to provide a return of 95% of revenue to the developer? :whoo:

And then I thought that was the nice part, only to scroll down and find this out...

The company also plans to let users sell their games to secondary buyers. In those deals, the publisher gets 70 percent, the gamer gets 25 percent, and RobotCache gets 5 percent. Normally, publishers get nothing from used game sales.

“Reselling games is huge, with the publishers getting a cut, and gamers being able to make money,” Lee Jacobson, CEO of RobotCache, said in an interview with GamesBeat. “Some users want to monetize their digital library. They can play a game for a few months and then sell it back. Then they can use it to buy more games.”