Rumor: Ryzen 3000 Leaks

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Literally or a cheap card for your buddy who's trying to built their first box. :drake: The biggest problem though is that NVIDIA ain't budging because they know that got it in the bag. That's the worst part because at the end of the day the consumers are getting fucked and NVIDIA's pockets are getting fat.

That's why AMD needs another 9700 Pro level card..  Being simply "as good" isn't nearly good enough.. even if they are cheaper.  They need to be better at every point, and not just a bit... a lot better.

The problem is that Nvidia has hundreds of engineers and millions and millions more for R&D.  I'm not saying it can't be done.. look at AMD vs Intel right now.. they're changing the game and even though they aren't exactly beating Intel in speed, they're absolutely demolishing them in value.. and the other thing is people know that Intel is stuck in a rut, while AMD keeps throwing cores and cores for days.  Their clock speeds are inching up.. as well as their IPC.  Intel should be worried.   But... AMD are fighting on so many fronts right now, they're spread thin as possible.. and their discreet gpu business has suffered.  Intel is going to be a competitor as well come 2020.. so it's not going to get any easier for them either.

Consumers should win in the end though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

That's why AMD needs another 9700 Pro level card..  Being simply "as good" isn't nearly good enough.. even if they are cheaper.  They need to be better at every point, and not just a bit... a lot better.

The problem is that Nvidia has hundreds of engineers and millions and millions more for R&D.  I'm not saying it can't be done.. look at AMD vs Intel right now.. they're changing the game and even though they aren't exactly beating Intel in speed, they're absolutely demolishing them in value.. and the other thing is people know that Intel is stuck in a rut, while AMD keeps throwing cores and cores for days.  Their clock speeds are inching up.. as well as their IPC.  Intel should be worried.   But... AMD are fighting on so many fronts right now, they're spread thin as possible.. and their discreet gpu business has suffered.  Intel is going to be a competitor as well come 2020.. so it's not going to get any easier for them either.

Consumers should win in the end though.

They've got their shit together on the CPU side. It's just a matter of refinement and pushing out their vision of what the future of CPUs should be whether that be consumer desktops (Ryzen), high-end (Threadripper) or data center (Epyc). IPC at this point in the game is minuscule, but AMD is getting owned on speed. That will be changing soon enough, the only thing that was keeping them back is the shitty silicon they've been on. TSMC should help them in that respect. They have Intel caught with their pants down at the moment which is exciting because it has forced Intel to back pedal on everything they've said and push forward to compete.

AMD needs to pull a Ryzen on the GPU side and honestly Navi isn't the answer. It's another stop gap until they move away from GCN. It's time for GCN to die, IMO, but it's nice and cheap for those who don't want to pay the NVIDIA tax. I foresee Intel being a little more serious than Larrabee :mj: this time so it should be interesting come 2020.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

They've got their shit together on the CPU side. It's just a matter of refinement and pushing out their vision of what the future of CPUs should be whether that be consumer desktops (Ryzen), high-end (Threadripper) or data center (Epyc). IPC at this point in the game is minuscule, but AMD is getting owned on speed. That will be changing soon enough, the only thing that was keeping them back is the shitty silicon they've been on. TSMC should help them in that respect. They have Intel caught with their pants down at the moment which is exciting because it has forced Intel to back pedal on everything they've said and push forward to compete.

AMD needs to pull a Ryzen on the GPU side and honestly Navi isn't the answer. It's another stop gap until they move away from GCN. It's time for GCN to die, IMO, but it's nice and cheap for those who don't want to pay the NVIDIA tax. I foresee Intel being a little more serious than Larrabee :mj: this time so it should be interesting come 2020.

But..they claim that Navi IS the next generation uArch after GCN...  I agree though.. it's a stop gap.  I feel like it will be used for consoles and one generation of dGPUs and then pushed aside for the real next gen architecture.

That's my problem with AMD... they fuck around too much.  Nvidia love em or hate em, they release an architecture and draw lines in the sand.  Sometimes they nail it... others not so much.. but it's no secret that their architectures are much more power efficient and efficient in general than AMD.  They're absolutely killing them in the server market.  AMD really needs an answer to Tensor cores.. that's the honest truth.

Larrabee :hest:  Oh man...  We'll have to see though.  That's a piece of history right there.  Still... I'm excited to see what comes from them.  Shit's gonna be interestinggggg B) 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎05 at 11:04 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

Apparently the RX 3080 is as powerful as the 2070 at half the price, $250 vs. $500.

If that's the case I'm buying it, a GTX 1080 level card for $250? That would be perfect for a 1440p environment. 

That is a ridiculously attractive price point.  Might have to build a new PC around this.  Still rocking a 4th gen i7 and a 970.