Brad Sams talks about next generation Xbox strategy.

• 2020 launch
  • Based on Zen 2/Navi
  • 4K @ 60fps
  • xCloud, streaming hardware, traditional hardware
  • Backwards compatibility
  • Windows Store and Xbox App to be a unified system
Edited by lynux3

With them clearly promoting cloud gaming, there is no incentive for Microsoft to sell you hardware at a loss.

There's not even an incentive for them to have tight profit margins, either.  It wouldn't surprise me if they simply go with an "Elite" version from the very beginning, and just charge $600.

Can't afford native hardware? Well, then stream Xbox games, here's a $100 small streaming box with a controller.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

With them clearly promoting cloud gaming, there is no incentive for Microsoft to sell you hardware at a loss.

There's not even an incentive for them to have tight profit margins, either.  It wouldn't surprise me if they simply go with an "Elite" version from the very beginning, and just charge $600.

Can't afford native hardware? Well, then stream Xbox games, here's a $100 small streaming box with a controller.

The problem with the streaming "solution" is that it looks like it's going to be based on Xbox One S hardware.

18 minutes ago, Bodycount NS said:

Garbage. if they seriously double down on the Winblows 10 shit multiplat strategy they can kiss my ass. Never going to buy another Xbox ever, ever again at this rate.

No Exclusives for another decade, lmfao, fuck xbox

How does these games also being on PC in any way affect you as a console gamer? 

That's completely rhetorical by the way, it doesn't. You're weird.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

How does these games also being on PC in any way affect you as a console gamer? 

That's completely rhetorical by the way, it doesn't. You're weird.

not this shit again :D

This is just embarassing at this point. Xbox is fucking useless and the laughing stock status as a piece of shit with no exclusives is literally the #1 reason nobody wants one.

if they keep this up I don't even want to hear about xbox next gen, they aren't even worth discussing anymore. just a bad memory :D 

53 minutes ago, Bodycount NS said:

not this shit again :D

This is just embarassing at this point. Xbox is fucking useless and the laughing stock status as a piece of shit with no exclusives is literally the #1 reason nobody wants one.

if they keep this up I don't even want to hear about xbox next gen, they aren't even worth discussing anymore. just a bad memory :D 

You still haven't explained to me in any way how this has an effect on you.

7 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You still haven't explained to me in any way how this has an effect on you.

-completely devalues my $500 purchase

-makes me feel like a moron for playing on an exclusivesless piece of shit, while there are competitors who offer real exclusives directly competing against xflop

-all games are running better on PC's, i'm paying for worse versions

-no community, nothing to be a fan of when all your games are whored out across multiple platforms, the community is split and divided

-lack of being taken seriously as a platform

-less and less people will buy Xboxes (You'd have to be retarded to pick no exclusives VS PS4's exclusives)

-PC gamers are fuckwads and don't have Xbox's best interest in mind

- It makes Xbox look like a budget retard console embarassment with no exclusive games

I could go on, but TLDR is i'm never buying an Xbox ever again.

Just now, Bodycount NS said:

-completely devalues my $500 purchase

-makes me feel like a moron for playing on an exclusivesless piece of shit, while there are competitors who offer real exclusives directly competing against xflop

-all games are running better on PC's, i'm paying for worse versions

-no community, nothing to be a fan of when all your games are whored out across multiple platforms, the community is split and divided

-lack of being taken seriously as a platform

-less and less people will buy Xboxes (You'd have to be retarded to pick no exclusives VS PS4's exclusives)

-PC gamers are fuckwads and don't have Xbox's best interest in mind

- It makes Xbox look like a budget retard console embarassment with no exclusive games

I could go on, but TLDR is i'm never buying an Xbox ever again.

• No it doesn't
  • In your dumbo idiot head
  • That has no bearing on how the game would run on console to begin with
  • The community is not split, it's unified, nothing changed in the community
  • Again, in your dumb head
  • They're giving Xbox money, that's in Xbox's best interest
  • For a third time this is in your head

You're a grade A fucking moron. 

I mean, I'd like to be excited and say "cool, I can skip the xbox and buy their games on PC"

But all their games are fucking abysmal :D dud rising, reflop, quantum flop, six of thieves, 5tate of decay,......just straight up forgettable garbage :D

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

I mean, I'd like to be excited and say "cool, I can skip the xbox and buy their games on PC"

But all their games are fucking abysmal :D dud rising, reflop, quantum flop, six of thieves, 5tate of decay,......just straight up forgettable garbage :D

So forgotten they're literally all you talk about :mj: