The Official Game Awards 2018 Thread (5:30PT /8:30pm ET)

12 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Benji is team 2020 PS5, NPD insider that said PS5 wont come in 2019 because he said Sony was going to announce a big new PS4 game at TGAs.

Another Team 2020 dipshit to shit bin.

Geoff made a twitter post a couple weeks before the show making it sound like something that was planned got cancelled... maybe Sony backed out at the last min.

I heard that Sony was pushing everything back as far as possible and that TLOU2 and Death Stranding would be PS5 releases with the PS4 versions being the "me too" versions.  Apparently Sony wants to have big exclusives at launch to really push the hardware in early 2020.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FinallyrightCop

@Jon2B @jehurey  Cut it out right now.  Thanks.

Alright, looks like we're going to see the Xbox Spring 2019 exclusive lineup.........and its over.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Geoff made a twitter post a couple weeks before the show making it sound like something that was planned got cancelled... maybe Sony backed out at the last min.

I heard that Sony was pushing everything back as far as possible and that TLOU2 and Death Stranding would be PS5 releases with the PS4 versions being the "me too" versions.  Apparently Sony wants to have big exclusives at launch to really push the hardware in early 2020.

I was thinking that as well. But it completely kills his late 2020 mantra.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Kinda makes sense considering how well it helped Switch

I think Death Stranding is closer though. I could see Tsushima as the other day one cross gen

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So the Epic Games store will be giving out a free game every two weeks?

That's what it looks like. There's also reports of previously announced Steam games disappearing off Steam and appearing on Epic Games Store now. :D

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

That's what it looks like. There's also reports of previously announced Steam games disappearing off Steam and appearing on Epic Games Store now. :D

Fuckin' awesome.

That'll wake Valve up. This is probably the best use of Epic's newfound fortune that they've made from Fortnite.

Imagine if Epic starts expanding the Fortnite gaming modes on the PC, and try to make a DOTA clone.

I think that Block Mode thing is eventually going to lead to Epic allowing people to create custom assets to sell them to Fortnite players, sorta like what they allow people to do for DOTA.

If CD Projekt Red doesn't think they can sell enough copies of CyberPunk 2077 on their own GOG service, they can still bypass Steam and get a better percentage cut with the Epic Games store.  Valve better wake the fuck up.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Fuckin' awesome.

That'll wake Valve up. This is probably the best use of Epic's newfound fortune that they've made from Fortnite.

Imagine if Epic starts expanding the Fortnite gaming modes on the PC, and try to make a DOTA clone.

I think that Block Mode thing is eventually going to lead to Epic allowing people to create custom assets to sell them to Fortnite players, sorta like what they allow people to do for DOTA.

If CD Projekt Red doesn't think they can sell enough copies of CyberPunk 2077 on their own GOG service, they can still bypass Steam and get a better percentage cut with the Epic Games store.  Valve better wake the fuck up.

It's only a matter of time until Valve caves and matches the percentage split.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

They also need NEW games that are Fortnite level success, Epic is coming for their ass and it's comical what they're doing in such a short time.

Imagine what they will do of 1-2 years of assault on Steam.

I think they're fine with Dota 2 and they just made CS:GO free to play. I want to see how long it takes for Valve to cave and potentially other stores (XBLM, PS Store, eShop, etc.).

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Fuckin' awesome.

I agree with everything in this post. 100%

Valve DOES need to wake the fuck up.  They have the best client by far, and they've done a bunch of amazing stuff... but they've really gotten complacent and lazy.. essentially wanting the developers and community to function with as minimal of input from Valve as possible.  Which is fine, and they've done a commendable job, but it's been ages since they've done any real improvements to the front end of the store/client.. as well as courting developers to bring exclusive stuff to their platform.  And to the people that say shit like.. "Well, no other clients have the features that Steam has".. as a response are completely missing the point.  It's the fact that improvements to Steam have REALLY slowed down because there's no competition.

It seems like Epic's got something to say about that, and I really hope that they push Valve to improve.  In the end us PC gamers win :blessed: 

Yeah  Ireally can't add much beyond the aforementioned points regarding STEAM; other than to say I'm :glad: there's gonna be competition. 

Anthem Alpha coming up this weekend

Subnautica free as of the 14th on Epic's Game Store.

Steam Xmas Sale shortly thereafter

Just acquired the following:

- Frostpunk

- Phantom Doctrine (really loving the 80's spy vibe) - Went KGB Agent first :killzone: 

- Total War Warhammer 2 plus the DLC (fucking insane how much content is here :wow:)

To be honest, regarding the STEAM Xmas sale, I don't even know how much I'll buy lmao.