Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
madmaltese

The Official Game Awards 2018 Thread (5:30PT /8:30pm ET)

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Benji is team 2020 PS5, NPD insider that said PS5 wont come in 2019 because he said Sony was going to announce a big new PS4 game at TGAs.


Another Team 2020 dipshit to shit bin.

Geoff made a twitter post a couple weeks before the show making it sound like something that was planned got cancelled... maybe Sony backed out at the last min.

 

I heard that Sony was pushing everything back as far as possible and that TLOU2 and Death Stranding would be PS5 releases with the PS4 versions being the "me too" versions.  Apparently Sony wants to have big exclusives at launch to really push the hardware in early 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Geoff made a twitter post a couple weeks before the show making it sound like something that was planned got cancelled... maybe Sony backed out at the last min.

 

I heard that Sony was pushing everything back as far as possible and that TLOU2 and Death Stranding would be PS5 releases with the PS4 versions being the "me too" versions.  Apparently Sony wants to have big exclusives at launch to really push the hardware in early 2020.

I was thinking that as well. But it completely kills his late 2020 mantra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Geoff made a twitter post a couple weeks before the show making it sound like something that was planned got cancelled... maybe Sony backed out at the last min.

 

I heard that Sony was pushing everything back as far as possible and that TLOU2 and Death Stranding would be PS5 releases with the PS4 versions being the "me too" versions.  Apparently Sony wants to have big exclusives at launch to really push the hardware in early 2020.

Kinda makes sense considering how well it helped Switch

 

I think Death Stranding is closer though. I could see Tsushima as the other day one cross gen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Kinda makes sense considering how well it helped Switch

 

I think Death Stranding is closer though. I could see Tsushima as the other day one cross gen

Even if PS5 is coming out in 2069, I don't think Death Stranding is a 2019 game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Even if PS5 is coming out in 2069, I don't think Death Stranding is a 2019 game.

Why’s that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Why’s that

Because of how many games Sony schedules for March releases. 2020 makes perfect sense.

 

You don't launch a new IP like that within say TLOU2. And that's coming 2019 holiday at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So the Epic Games store will be giving out a free game every two weeks?

That's what it looks like. There's also reports of previously announced Steam games disappearing off Steam and appearing on Epic Games Store now. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

That's what it looks like. There's also reports of previously announced Steam games disappearing off Steam and appearing on Epic Games Store now. :D

Fuckin' awesome.

 

That'll wake Valve up. This is probably the best use of Epic's newfound fortune that they've made from Fortnite.

 

Imagine if Epic starts expanding the Fortnite gaming modes on the PC, and try to make a DOTA clone.

 

I think that Block Mode thing is eventually going to lead to Epic allowing people to create custom assets to sell them to Fortnite players, sorta like what they allow people to do for DOTA.

 

If CD Projekt Red doesn't think they can sell enough copies of CyberPunk 2077 on their own GOG service, they can still bypass Steam and get a better percentage cut with the Epic Games store.  Valve better wake the fuck up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Fuckin' awesome.

 

That'll wake Valve up. This is probably the best use of Epic's newfound fortune that they've made from Fortnite.

 

Imagine if Epic starts expanding the Fortnite gaming modes on the PC, and try to make a DOTA clone.

 

I think that Block Mode thing is eventually going to lead to Epic allowing people to create custom assets to sell them to Fortnite players, sorta like what they allow people to do for DOTA.

 

If CD Projekt Red doesn't think they can sell enough copies of CyberPunk 2077 on their own GOG service, they can still bypass Steam and get a better percentage cut with the Epic Games store.  Valve better wake the fuck up.

It's only a matter of time until Valve caves and matches the percentage split.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

It's only a matter of time until Valve caves and matches the percentage split.

They also need NEW games that are Fortnite level success, Epic is coming for their ass and it's comical what they're doing in such a short time.

 

Imagine what they will do of 1-2 years of assault on Steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

They also need NEW games that are Fortnite level success, Epic is coming for their ass and it's comical what they're doing in such a short time.

 

Imagine what they will do of 1-2 years of assault on Steam.

I think they're fine with Dota 2 and they just made CS:GO free to play. I want to see how long it takes for Valve to cave and potentially other stores (XBLM, PS Store, eShop, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Fuckin' awesome.

 

That'll wake Valve up. This is probably the best use of Epic's newfound fortune that they've made from Fortnite.

 

Imagine if Epic starts expanding the Fortnite gaming modes on the PC, and try to make a DOTA clone.

 

I think that Block Mode thing is eventually going to lead to Epic allowing people to create custom assets to sell them to Fortnite players, sorta like what they allow people to do for DOTA.

 

If CD Projekt Red doesn't think they can sell enough copies of CyberPunk 2077 on their own GOG service, they can still bypass Steam and get a better percentage cut with the Epic Games store.  Valve better wake the fuck up.

I agree with everything in this post. 100%

 

Valve DOES need to wake the fuck up.  They have the best client by far, and they've done a bunch of amazing stuff... but they've really gotten complacent and lazy.. essentially wanting the developers and community to function with as minimal of input from Valve as possible.  Which is fine, and they've done a commendable job, but it's been ages since they've done any real improvements to the front end of the store/client.. as well as courting developers to bring exclusive stuff to their platform.  And to the people that say shit like.. "Well, no other clients have the features that Steam has".. as a response are completely missing the point.  It's the fact that improvements to Steam have REALLY slowed down because there's no competition.

 

It seems like Epic's got something to say about that, and I really hope that they push Valve to improve.  In the end us PC gamers win :blessed: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah  Ireally can't add much beyond the aforementioned points regarding STEAM; other than to say I'm :glad: there's gonna be competition. 

 

Anthem Alpha coming up this weekend

Subnautica free as of the 14th on Epic's Game Store.

Steam Xmas Sale shortly thereafter

 

 

Just acquired the following:

 - Frostpunk

 - Phantom Doctrine (really loving the 80's spy vibe) - Went KGB Agent first :killzone: 

- Total War Warhammer 2 plus the DLC (fucking insane how much content is here :wow:)

 

 

To be honest, regarding the STEAM Xmas sale, I don't even know how much I'll buy lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×