Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jon2B

SOTR PC Demo

Recommended Posts

Damn this game is demanding, cannot keep 60fps on medium preset.

No problem 30fps on High preset but pc games at 30fps feel off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Damn this game is demanding, cannot keep 60fps on medium preset.

No problem 30fps on High preset but pc games at 30fps feel off

You don't have enough VRAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You don't have enough VRAM.

Its not using more than 2800 VRAM on normal texture settings. It hovers in the low 50s to 60 on medium preset. I tried low and it wont even hold it there. It dropped into the 30s in the caves.

 

With a 30fps lock it feels like it has massive input lag. Ill rent it on xbox :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You don't have enough VRAM.

Yeah Tomb Raider is one of the those games that gets a massive bump in FPS depending on your VRAM - where as in most cases, the VRAM may provide 10-15% increase,  Tomb Raider is nearly 50%...

 

 

Here it is swallowing up nearly all the VRAM of a 1080 Founder's Edition.

 

16123313352l.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Its not using more than 2800 VRAM on normal texture settings. It hovers in the low 50s to 60 on medium preset. I tried low and it wont even hold it there. It dropped into the 30s in the caves.

 

With a 30fps lock it feels like it has massive input lag. Ill rent it on xbox :)

you won't like it. it's puzzle/exploration heavy. there's hardly any combat. 90% caves + water. i loved it, but i can see why it flopped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

you won't like it. it's puzzle/exploration heavy. there's hardly any combat. 90% caves + water. i loved it, but i can see why it flopped. 

JonB's got Gamefly; thus he can turn in one game he won't finish (AC: Odyssey) for another (SoTR) :killzone:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

JonB's got Gamefly; thus he can turn in one game he won't finish (AC: Odyssey) for another (SoTR) :killzone:

:smug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Its not using more than 2800 VRAM on normal texture settings. It hovers in the low 50s to 60 on medium preset. I tried low and it wont even hold it there. It dropped into the 30s in the caves.

 

With a 30fps lock it feels like it has massive input lag. Ill rent it on xbox :)

How are you locking the fps?  In game?  Because yea, your mileage may vary with some of the fps locks in some games at 30fps.  The best thing to do if you want to play at 30fps with perfect frame pacing is Adaptive vsync (Half refresh-rate) in the Nvidia control panel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

How are you locking the fps?  In game?  Because yea, your mileage may vary with some of the fps locks in some games at 30fps.  The best thing to do if you want to play at 30fps with perfect frame pacing is Adaptive vsync (Half refresh-rate) in the Nvidia control panel. 

Maybe ill try that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried locking to 30 in the Nvidia control panel and that is a massive difference compared to halfing it in game. Feels like xbox now.

I liked the demo ill get this game eventually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-12-06 at 4:16 PM, -GD- said:

you won't like it. it's puzzle/exploration heavy. there's hardly any combat. 90% caves + water. i loved it, but i can see why it flopped. 

How did it flop? It's 82/100, the previous entry was only an 86.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

How did it flop? It's 82/100, the previous entry was only an 86.

 at GS. Also, Some of my friends were disappointed by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×