CS: GO is Free on Steam - Nerdmits lose it xD

5 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

lol I don't mind it going free to play. It just going to suck hearing more fucking kids on the mic

Seems like those paid for it will be separated from the Plebs :ben:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/12/06/counter-strike-free-with-battle-royale/

Seemingly out of nowhere Valve have announced that the game is free for everyone on Steam, with previous owners being upgraded to ‘Prime’ account status and awarded a “commemorative Loyalty Badge”.

Prime players get matched with their own kind, so the influx of new blood shouldn’t disturb the old pros.

13 minutes ago, kaz said:

Never understood the Prime status. It was released like a year ago? Completely unnecessary feature to get money. 

Prime account matchmaking was free and was to help with smurfs/cheaters.

I would never touch CS:GO again if it went F2P without this version of prime status.

14 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Prime account matchmaking was free and was to help with smurfs/cheaters.

I would never touch CS:GO again if it went F2P without this version of prime status.

It wasn't free.

I just played 3 rounds of the battle royal map (Blacksite). As expected even godtier gameplay like CS can't save this awful genre. :D 

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

You're thinking of something else because Prime accounts were 100% free, you just had to connect it to your phone.

I have no idea what ya mean because Prime did cost ~$13. Now it's free for people that bought GO before the dangerzone update.