Christmas song Baby it's Cold Outside banned from several radio stations due to #metoo

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/12/06/baby-its-cold-outside-all-lyrics-controversial-song/2229909002/

The 1944 Christmas tune "Baby, It's Cold Outside" has been banned by radio stations across the country – and even in Canada – for its lyrics that some say are inappropriate in the wake of the #MeToo movement. 

Those against the song say it promotes date rape, describing a man pressuring a woman to stay despite her adamantly telling him "no, no, no." But supporters argue that context is important, and when the song was written 70 years ago, it had a different meaning. 

Edited by S#$@%^i
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thread is no longer about the song, or the article.  I'm locking this one up boys.

I worked in a grocery store in my teens and Christmas fucking sucked, because from around Nov 25th, until we closed down at 6:00 PM on Christmas Eve is was endless Christmas music.     All t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

I guess Fox News has a new angle for their annual War on Christmas.  At least this one's better than red starbucks coffee cups.

Care to share your thoughts about the article and not about what Fox News will or wont do concerning it?

Just now, Remij_ said:

Care to share your thoughts about the story and not about what Fox News will or wont do?

Privately owned radio stations can play what they want. 

I worked in a grocery store in my teens and Christmas fucking sucked, because from around Nov 25th, until we closed down at 6:00 PM on Christmas Eve is was endless Christmas music. :| 

All these years later, and I want it all banned.

• Haha 1

Yes, but it's still censorship.  The majority of the population wouldn't agree to banning the song let's just say but a small few seem to have the power to do so.  Why do companies keep bowing to these minorities?  It's in reality probably only 40% agree vs 60% don't agree.  And then when you take into account people who don't give a shit then it's probably more like 20% really want it banned while the other 80% doesn't give a fuck.  Why do we bow down to these people?  This is why you have right wing people making ridiculous claims about the left being just as bad..... Because they are not just as  bad.. they are worse.  This extreme left wing mentality is a sickness.  We've become pussies. lmao

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I worked in a grocery store in my teens and Christmas fucking sucked, because from around Nov 25th, until we closed down at 6:00 PM on Christmas Eve is was endless Christmas music. :| 

All these years later, and I want it all banned.

not the point but ok.

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Any comment though on the actual issue of the song........  What is your take on it?

It's ok.  Nothing special.  If it pisses people off enough to remove it, I don't care because I'm not gonna miss it.  I doubt anyone here even gave a shit before it became part of the culture wars.

2 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

Yes, but it's still censorship.  The majority of the population wouldn't agree to banning the song let's just say but a small few seem to have the power to do so.  Why do companies keep bowing to these minorities?  It's in reality probably only 40% agree vs 60% don't agree.  And then when you take into account people who don't give a shit then it's probably more like 20% really want it banned while the other 80% doesn't give a fuck.  Why do we bow down to these people?  This is why you have right wing people making ridiculous claims about the left being just as bad..... Because they are not just as  bad.. they are worse.  This extreme left wing mentality is a sickness.  We've become pussies. lmao

No its not.

Can you still hear the song? Of course you can.

Why don't you jump into your '84 Pacer and blare that christmas song as high as you can.

How are you "bowing" down to people? 

4 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

It's in reality probably only 40% agree vs 60% don't agree.  

If you don't know why a privately-owned radio station would find those numbers alarming, then you don't understand how radio stations make money.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Society is going to shit, the left needs to be eradicated from the face of the Earth.

Oh Deeno, are you suggesting privately owned radio stations shouldn't be allowed to make decisions on what they will or will not play? :cruise: 

Just now, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Oh Deeno, are you suggesting privately owned radio stations shouldn't be allowed to make decisions on what they will or will not play? :cruise: 

The point is flying over your head, it's in orbit at this point. You're a brainless suckup sheep who panders to the will of anything the left does regardless of how ridiculous.

Kill yourself, if you don't you'll end up a casualty regardless when this country devolves into an inevitable civil war. 

"Gun laws please protect me"

You're cancer.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No its not.

Can you still hear the song? Of course you can.

Why don't you jump into your '84 Pacer and blare that christmas song as high as you can.

How are you "bowing" down to people? 

oh you're one of them.. sorry.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The point is flying over your head, it's in orbit at this point. You're a brainless suckup sheep who panders to the will of anything the left does regardless of how ridiculous.

Kill yourself, if you don't you'll end up a casualty regardless when this country devolves into an inevitable civil war. 

"Gun laws please protect me"

You're cancer.

Holy shit, did you just steal my joke?  You did! :rawf: 

And you didn't even acknowledge my question.  You just deteriorated into a tantrum. :roff: 

13 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

If you don't know why a privately-owned radio station would find those numbers alarming, then you don't understand how radio stations make money.

I'm just saying that it would be nice if the 60% stopped listening altogether. 

3 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

oh you're one of them.. sorry.

Did you just get done watching They Live by any chance?

You can't try to use 1st Amendment arguments regarding something that the 1st amendment doesn't cover.

You're not being censored. A privately run entity can do what they feel is in their best interest.

If they thought that pulling that song would enrage so many other listeners that it would hurt them more, they would think twice.  But we know that's not the case because:

YOU

ARE

CONCERN

TROLLING.

You would've never cared, the only reason why you care is because you think those SJWs are winning.  They got a song pulled from the radio, stop and think about how LITTLE you must have in order to consider that event to be a "loss" for you.

• Remij locked this topic