SmAAAsh Ultimate Official Thread.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pull an all-nighter with my boys unlocking characters.  8 players mode is insane, I could barely keep up with the action and downing a dozen beer didn't help

Just picked this up tonight        We should do a SW SmAAAsh Tournament like we did back in the day 

In enjoying classic mode.... I'll just unlock fighters as they come 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

What's the game reset exploit? 

Normally a new challenger pops up for every 10 minutes of play time (give or take, seems to be based on time in actual matches...anything seems to count towards it). After the match (regardless of whether you win or lose) the timer resets so you gotta play another 10 minutes worth of matches. Doesn’t sound like that much but there’s 70 characters to unlock (only start with 8) so that’s over 10 hours (assuming you actually win all the matches and get the unlock). 

Anyway , if you go through one cycle of that, then immediately after the challenger match go to your home menu, close the software and restart it, you’ll get another challenger immediately after you finish a match (so just set it to 1 stock and run off the ledge). Doesn’t work 100% of the time for whatever reason but it’s still much faster. 

47 minutes ago, Casual said:

Normally a new challenger pops up for every 10 minutes of play time (give or take, seems to be based on time in actual matches...anything seems to count towards it). After the match (regardless of whether you win or lose) the timer resets so you gotta play another 10 minutes worth of matches. Doesn’t sound like that much but there’s 70 characters to unlock (only start with 8) so that’s over 10 hours (assuming you actually win all the matches and get the unlock). 

Anyway , if you go through one cycle of that, then immediately after the challenger match go to your home menu, close the software and restart it, you’ll get another challenger immediately after you finish a match (so just set it to 1 stock and run off the ledge). Doesn’t work 100% of the time for whatever reason but it’s still much faster. 

How’s World of Light if you started it yet? How does it compare to past versions? It looked like a slightly slower Melee. 

19 minutes ago, Ike said:

How’s World of Light if you started it yet? How does it compare to past versions? It looked like a slightly slower Melee. 

Haven’t started world of light yet. 

I find it pretty close to Melee but tbh Melee is the only Smash I’ve spent a lot of time with. Didn’t play Brawl at all really and only played a bit of Smash 4 on 3DS. 

17 hours ago, Casual said:

In enjoying classic mode.... I'll just unlock fighters as they come 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Alphonse said:

pull an all-nighter with my boys unlocking characters.  8 players mode is insane, I could barely keep up with the action and downing a dozen beer didn't help :tard:

Game has a ridiculous amount of content.... lawwwwd :lawd:

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

Played for a little bit last night. Loving it and can't wait to play more. It still is the best couch multiplayer game by a large margin.

Yeah.  Melee was probably the best couch mp game I've ever played. Used to head home at lunch during high school, get high and play Melee and just not go back to class. 

Won't get anywhere near as much playtime out of Ultimate at this point in my life, but still gonna try and get the boys together for a few sessions for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I've only unlocked 4 characters so far :downs:

Hahaha, it's crazy how many there are. They just keep coming. 

If you happen to lose any of the challenger fights you can go fight them again by going to the Game and More section (I think that's what it's called...whatever the top right option is on the main menu) and there will be a door looking icon in the bottom right where you can cycle through all the matches you've lost and get the unlocks . 

Another thing I like is being able to choose the music for each stage.  Going from some Brinstar Depths music to the FF battle music in a stagemorph match is pretty dope. 

Edited by Casual