SmAAAsh Ultimate Official Thread.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pull an all-nighter with my boys unlocking characters.  8 players mode is insane, I could barely keep up with the action and downing a dozen beer didn't help

Just picked this up tonight        We should do a SW SmAAAsh Tournament like we did back in the day 

In enjoying classic mode.... I'll just unlock fighters as they come 

13 minutes ago, Casual said:

Hahaha, it's crazy how many there are. They just keep coming. 

If you happen to lose any of the challenger fights you can go fight them again by going to the Game and More section (I think that's what it's called...whatever the top right option is on the main menu) and there will be a door looking icon in the bottom right where you can cycle through all the matches you've lost and get the unlocks . 

Another thing I like is being able to choose the music for each stage.  Going from some Brinstar Depths music to the FF battle music in a stagemorph match is pretty dope. 

I haven't lost any challenger fights as yet.. but I've lost a few boss fights.

So far this game has more bosses than the last 3 smash games combined and I've only scratched the surface :lupe:

2 hours ago, Casual said:

Yeah.  Melee was probably the best couch mp game I've ever played. Used to head home at lunch during high school, get high and play Melee and just not go back to class. 

Won't get anywhere near as much playtime out of Ultimate at this point in my life, but still gonna try and get the boys together for a few sessions for sure. 

lmfao. I just love that high school high decision process.

did you go home by yourself??  Also how does one stay high if they get high everyday?

5 minutes ago, kokujin said:

lmfao. I just love that high school high decision process.

did you go home by yourself??  Also how does one stay high if they get high everyday?

hahahaha, nah man smash is boring af by yourself. we had a good crew and most of us just had some bs classes in the afternoon anyway. i think i had religion in the afternoon the semester it was big.

i unno, it was high school over a decade ago so we were probably smoking chinabud anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Casual said:

hahahaha, nah man smash is boring af by yourself. we had a good crew and most of us just had some bs classes in the afternoon anyway. i think i had religion in the afternoon the semester it was big.

i unno, it was high school over a decade ago so we were probably smoking chinabud anyway. 

I would be hella excitd to go to school, only to go home after free lunch get high with the bros with no one home and play Smash all night or afternoon.No foul play at all.  dope shit. 

29 minutes ago, lostfool said:

yeah,.

shame really, i could have seen myself spending so much time playing this if the online was good.

now it'll come out a couple times when friends are around and probably not much otherwise.

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Shame to hear about the online. Hopefully Nintendo work to make some fixes in the future. 

Got my game but I won't play till after Christmas.

Haven't played it online yet... but from the link that lost fool posted it seems that the rematch menu doesn't give you the option to change characters.

and that on wifi matches.... the  person with the slowest connection bogs down the match. 

The first one can be fixed with a patch,  for the 2nd issue.... they should implement an option where you set the rules for what  minimum connection level you are looking for..... anything lower that what you selected won't show up in your match making query.

I think initially Mario Tennis had  online issues.... those have since been rectified.

Hopefully they make improvements for Smash as well.

53 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Haven't played it online yet... but from the link that lost fool posted it seems that the rematch menu doesn't give you the option to change characters.

and that on wifi matches.... the  person with the slowest connection bogs down the match. 

The first one can be fixed with a patch,  for the 2nd issue.... they should implement an option where you set the rules for what  minimum connection level you are looking for..... anything lower that what you selected won't show up in your match making query.

I think initially Mario Tennis had  online issues.... those have since been rectified.

Hopefully they make improvements for Smash as well.

Yeah I've been reading the weird problems like no ability to change characters and also matchmaking just totally ignoring rules you have set if it can't find any matches and putting you in matches with totally different rule sets. 

This is the one game where online really is huge. I know Smash is a couch co op game but that's only because online has never been great. The possibilities with excellent online implementation in what seems like the best Smash game yet would be amazing. I have no doubt it will get better with time though. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Fuck that, they should’ve had dedicated servers.

This.  I adore the Switch as a console, but Nintendo is 15 years behind the curve on their online implementation.