Recommend me a good movie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

crime movies   collateral dirty harry drive goodfellas la confidential natural born killers nightcrawler memento the professional scarface s

You should watch The Departed if you haven't yet. Also, Shutter Island. Both excellent Scorsese films.

The problem is that, I always want to start from the beginning.   So I accidentally watched Season 2 first. And then I went to watch Season 1, and then watch Season 2 again. And then when it

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

and I need, need, NEED to wrap up The Wire Seasons 4 and 5.

Yes, yes, you do.

BTW, shoutout to @lodge  (where ever he may be) for first drawing me into the show.

We were Soldiers is probably my favorite modern war movie. It’s so fucking good. Black Hawk Down is a very close second. 

Best two though are The Great Escape and Bridge on the River Kwai. Watch them if you haven’t. 

6 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yes, yes, you do.

BTW, shoutout to @lodge  (where ever he may be) for first drawing me into the show.

The problem is that, I always want to start from the beginning.

So I accidentally watched Season 2 first. And then I went to watch Season 1, and then watch Season 2 again. And then when it came time to watch Season 3, I ended up watching Season 1 again, and then watch S3.

• NPC 1
22 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

I was really impressed with the most recent Mission Impossible film and would totally recommend that as an action film.

I watched it in the theater, but it was the second movie of a back-to-back, I had watched Blindspotting right before it.

So, it hurt my experience because I've never watched two movies back-to-back at a theater. I needed to use the restroom, and I was starting to feel really cold in the theater, and my stomach was getting upset from the popcorn I ate.

Looking back at the movie, it really is quite surprising how much action is in the movie. There's alot of action scenes, I think its almost 2.5 hours long, that didn't help with my constant need to go to the bathroom.

oh i forgot, Sci-Fis show Happy just went up on Netflix, season 1.

Based on a fucked up comic book, its about a suicidal cop who is helped by a 5 year old girl's imaginary pet dragon and its really violent and over the top.

Starring Christopher Meloni and Patton Oswalt., in the same as the Crank movies.

48 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I watched it in the theater, but it was the second movie of a back-to-back, I had watched Blindspotting right before it.

So, it hurt my experience because I've never watched two movies back-to-back at a theater. I needed to use the restroom, and I was starting to feel really cold in the theater, and my stomach was getting upset from the popcorn I ate.

Looking back at the movie, it really is quite surprising how much action is in the movie. There's alot of action scenes, I think its almost 2.5 hours long, that didn't help with my constant need to go to the bathroom.

Yeah, there's a lot of action but its top tier stuff IMO.  Perhaps too much action for convenience as far as toilet breaks go though.  :sword:  

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

The problem is that, I always want to start from the beginning.

So I accidentally watched Season 2 first. And then I went to watch Season 1, and then watch Season 2 again. And then when it came time to watch Season 3, I ended up watching Season 1 again, and then watch S3.

I rewatched the wire multiple times and I never had problem watching it start to finish. Even if I took a break in between.

3 minutes ago, kaz said:

so cold

I was watching Death Wish and Paul Kersey shot and killed someone with a glock and a woman filmed it. When she was talking to the cops, she described him as being "cold". No remorse, I guess.

Edited by Angel Jim
3 hours ago, S#$@%^i said:

Kingdom of Heaver Director's Cut 

I've only seen bits and pieces of Kingdom of Heaven, but I do need to sit down and watch it.

Ridley Scott may be over 80, and the quality of his movies may be getting worse, but the people who work for him make some of the slickest movies that look gorgeous. Those guys are the real guys who make the movie.

Have you ever seen the behind the scenes of Gladiator? The old guy who owns the gladiator slaves, he died while the movie was being filmed, and they created his final two scenes out of additional film outtakes and audio, and a little bit of special effects. Its shocking what they did, and how good it came out.