Gavin Mcinnes banned from youtube. Some thoughts

The Social Media giants have to stop attacking free speech by acting like moral arbiters through deplatforming hateful people

These Silicon Valley giants who think they can become pseudo religious moral arbiters for the masses need to recognize that free speech is a constitutional right in America and hate speech falls under free speech as ruled by the Supreme Court.

We need to let the majority of rational voices naturally drown out the loud minority of annoying trolls, sociopaths and extremists. Free speech is the most important mechanism of proper communication in the West and it's worth the rick of some innocent casualties due to random unfortunate spikes in extremism.

When a handful of the biggest social media platforms house the vast majority of the American public they are no long

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't have an ideology that they believe in, they're just afraid of brown people and feminists.  I guarantee none of them looked up Gavin McInnes/Proud Boys on the SPLC:   https://www.s

Thoughts and prayers.

Vini still doesn't know what free speech is:biggrin:

By using someone else's platform, you are bound to their TOS.   

a free country with Free speech allows him to take his message to a different platform or  create one himself.  He has the freedom to do so. 

Now go cry me a river :awww:

Edited by Goukosan

I think, what I love the most..........is that thing same usual right-wing apologists KNOW that it isn't a freedom of speech violation.

They think they're earning internet points by trying to whine about this.

This is why alt-righter's are simply not manly.............Jordan Peterson IS technically correct, these people aren't actual men. Peterson is making MONEY duping these Betas into blaming other people for their Beta-ness.

A real man wouldn't be complaining that he can't have a Youtube channel.

Not only are they Betas........they apparently don't have enough money to pay for online server space. Now that just being a cheap loser.

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Usual I call bs but Gavin Mcinnes legitimately is promoting and calling for violence. This isn't just a free speech issue (even though free speech doesn't exist on a private platform), he outright calls for violence. Obviously I hope they are consistent. 

Lmfao loads of people call for violence in the name of the left yet nothing gets done about it. Politicians and celebrities too.

Funny how the left cheers this shit all the time. What happens when the tables turn and its you lot getting silenced all the time?

The left have proven time and time again they couldn't give two shits about free speech or democracy as long as they get what they want.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Vini still doesn't know what free speech is:biggrin:

By using someone else's platform, you are bound to their TOS.   

a free country with Free speech allows him to take his message to a different platform or  create one himself.  He has the freedom to do so. 

Now go cry me a river :awww:

The problem is bias and monopolies. Facebook, youtube, twitter is equivalent of the public square, they have more visibility than all other channels combined. In that regard they should be neutral and advocating free speech as under the law.

And the bans are only to one side. There's no neutrality at all, I could say horrible things like wanting to kill Trump and white people, but that would be okay. As it's not the current political sensitivity.

So fuck that noise.

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Facebook, youtube, twitter is equivalent of the public square

The reality is that they're private platforms not a public square, your false equivalence doesn't change that reality.

How about you test out that thesis and start posting that stuff online.... see how long you last :trump:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

The reality is that they're private platforms not a public square, your false equivalence doesn't change that reality.

How about you test out that thesis and start posting that stuff online.... see how long you last :trump:

No, it's true. They're bigger than cable and the radio. ffs, think about it outside of technical terms and realize it makes no sense to not threat them as such.

They have a monopoly on the voice of the internet, they have a responsibility to be impartial.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

No, it's true. They're bigger than cable and the radio. ffs, think about it outside of technical terms and realize it makes no sense to not threat them as such.

They have a monopoly on the voice of the internet, they have a responsibility to be impartial.

Size doesn't change the fact that it's a not a public service. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Even Glenn Beck doesn't want him?... So he is effectively banned there too? 

Where is the outrage for this? :cmpunk1:

Yeah they 'severed' ties with him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/proud-boys-founder-gavin-mcinnes-out-blaze-media-n945811

“Blaze Media no longer has a relationship with Gavin McInnes, and per company policy, cannot comment on personnel matters,” the company tweeted.

On Sunday, McInnes’ show, “Get Off My Lawn,” appeared to have been scrubbed from the company’s website.