Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pureis

Just got 1 year Nintendo Online for like $5

Recommended Posts

Nintendo Switch Online Family :juggle:

With how barebones the service is though, I wouldn’t have gotten it if not for the family package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was walking home and I saw people playing Smash Bro’s for the Switch at a games restaurant. Didn’t bother asking if they had Nintendo Online because I didn’t want to take up their time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a bought an individual online membership, but since I know I'm going to be giving Smash Bros to my nephews, on their switch that I set up for them, then I might as well pay more for a family account.

 

I don't know if they can let me upgrade from a $20 membership and just have me pay $15 more for the family online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

I had a bought an individual online membership, but since I know I'm going to be giving Smash Bros to my nephews, on their switch that I set up for them, then I might as well pay more for a family account.

 

I don't know if they can let me upgrade from a $20 membership and just have me pay $15 more for the family online.

No point getting individual membership when you can share with 8 people for just a little more. It’s not hard to find people online to share the membership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo Customer Support is always a positive experience.

 

I tried to take my $20 Individual membership prepaid card back to Best Buy. They told me they can't process it as a return, or give credit, or even an exchange because its a "perishable" item. So I couldn't do anything there. They know it hasn't been scratched to reveal the code.

 

So I called Nintendo by phone, and all I did was explain to them that I had this prepaid card and wanted to pay $15 more to upgrade it to a Family online membership. Did give a name, didn't give my Nintendo account info, not even an email. Nothing.

 

Apparently because I put my phone on file, they pulled up the info on my account. They understood that I have sub-accounts, and the guy said that they trusted me because I don't have history of requesting refunds on my account.

 

So, I was calling at 9pm, and they said they were closing, so he wanted me to enter the prepaid card on my eShop account and then call them back tomorrow so that they could process that refund as $20 eShop cash, and then all I would need to do is buy the Family membership and add the remaining funds through the eShop.

 

And since they were closing, and couldn't do all of this tonight, they gave me a free month family membership trial, and therefore my eventual $35 purchase will add 12 months behind that.

 

Great customer support.:blessed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Jerry's scheming for an entire afternoon with BestBuy and Nintendo's technical support trying to save 10 bucks. :tom: 

 

It would be easier to just get a job, you fucking wanker.

Why pay more when you can get the same thing for less? No harm just asking unless they make you jump through hoops tosave that money then yeah, just take the loss and not waste your time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Why pay more when you can get the same thing for less? No harm just asking unless they make you jump through hoops tosave that money then yeah, just take the loss and not waste your time.

Tell that to Jerry whose best moment of the week was to use some coupons to save 30 cents on a box of cereals at the Grocery store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Jerry's scheming for an entire afternoon with BestBuy and Nintendo's technical support trying to save 10 bucks. :tom: 

 

It would be easier to just get a job, you fucking wanker.

I'm creating a second jonb, over here.

 

let the butthurt flow through you.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm creating a second jonb, over here.

 

let the butthurt flow through you.

giphy.gif

At first, I thought you said you had a second job.

 

Figures, you don't actually have any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

At first, I thought you said you had a second job.

 

Figures, you don't actually have any.

That's actually a clever comeback, too bad it got overshadowed by your off-the-charts bitterness. that's where most of my laughs are going to.:tom:

Edited by jehurey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Jerry's scheming for an entire afternoon with BestBuy and Nintendo's technical support trying to save 10 bucks. :tom: 

 

It would be easier to just get a job, you fucking wanker.

LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Jerry's scheming for an entire afternoon with BestBuy and Nintendo's technical support trying to save 10 bucks. :tom: 

 

It would be easier to just get a job, you fucking wanker.

L M F A O :will2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×