Dusk Review Thread coming to consoles later

header.jpg?t=1544469099

DUSK on Steam,
 if you've never heard of this game before now.

DUSK is also confirmed to be coming out for the Nintendo Switch relatively soon.

Now for the reviews:

Metacritic - 91/100
Open Critic - 93/100

Destructoid - 9.5/10

That really explains DUSK well. This is shooter perfection and something fans of the classics need to experience. Maybe it doesn't redefine what is possible with video games, but it beats out basically every other shooter I've ever played. I know I'll be replaying this for years to come and I look forward to seeing what fans are capable of with mod tools.

Game Revolution - 4.5/5

Still, if you like first-person shooters in any way, you’ll be more than satisfied with Dusk. While you can get through all three episodes in just a few sittings, each level demands to be stared at for far longer. I was constantly grinning from ear to ear as I discovered new shortcuts and spent what felt like hours hiding out in corners, trying to lure enemies into fighting each other. Even while calling back to a previous era, Dusk adds on top of those legacies. This is retro first-person shooter perfection, the next evolution in a genre once frozen in time. Long may it reign once again.

Game Space - 9/10

DUSK has seemingly managed to do a 90s first-person shooter better than the 90s did first-person shooters – and that’s nothing short of amazing. There’s was something beautifully simplistic about slaughtering monsters to badass rock music and in that way DUSK is the 90s gamer’s Mona Lisa. So, if you ever feel like you want to throw on a pair of rose-colored glasses and look into the past at your favorite games of yore, don’t. Just go pick up a copy of DUSK, skip the glasses, and feel like a kid again.

PC Gamer - 89/100

Dusk is brilliant because it understands that replaying those old games is frequently kind of a letdown. Half-Life is a classic, but playing it today shows how different parts of it haven't aged well. The graphics are more bare than in my memories, and the animations are more stilted. It was groundbreaking, but it's just not quite as fun as it was when it first blew my mind in 1998. Dusk doesn't recreate what FPS games were like in the '90s just to do it again. Dusk instead captures how those games feel now in my mind, tinted by 20 years of rose-colored memories. It shouldn't be possible, and it's a remarkable achievement.

Monster Vine - 5/5

Dusk captures the essence of those 90s shooters you grew up playing and adds enough new to not only set itself apart, but also stand toe-to-toe with those giants. Dusk is not only one of the best shooters of the year, but possibly one of the best in years.

Saving Content - 5/5

DUSK looks, feels, and acts like a classic first-person shooter from the 90s, but doesn’t rely on anything but itself to impress you. From the first moment when the ominous voice saying “KILL THE INTRUDER“, DUSK sets a tone that it delivers every step of the way. The DUSKWORLD multiplayer is mildly disappointing, but doesn’t take away from what an amazing offering the campaign is. DUSK revives the first-person genre with a customizable retro aesthetic, a head-banging soundtrack, and levels that rival modern first-person shooters; DUSK is the FPS dreams are made of.

Gaming on PC - 10/10

Truly, DUSK achieves something that seemed out of reach until now, as it surpasses its inspirations in every way, not only standing shoulder to shoulder with the giants of the genre, but even going beyond that, and creating an adventure that must be experienced by any FPS fan worth their salt. So, to answer the two questions I asked in the introductory paragraph to this review, the perfect game exists, and it’s this one. How fitting that it was released on the 25th anniversary of the title that started it all, the always glorious Doom.

Twinfinite - 5/5

If you want to relive the halcyon days of the FPS genre, a time when games strove to be unrealistic and challenging, you can’t get any better than DUSK. Here’s hoping for future episodes
Edited by Team 2019
25 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The John Romero game will also run on the Quake engine, and another Quake engine game is coming. So awesome. OG Quake had the best atmosphere. 

AAA games on the regular :smokefro:

Best in every class :smoke: 

Living the dream :hsmoke: