BF5 was a disaster at launch. DICE: Hold my beer

BF5-Reddit.png

So this is the really good part:

Although not extremely vocal within our deeply engaged community, we see from our game data that the wider player base is dying too fast leading to faster churn - meaning players may be getting frustrated with dying too fast that they choose not to log back in and learn how to become more proficient at Battlefield V.

Changing TTK values in addition to improving TTD elements will help these particular instances and hopefully result in better gameplay experiences for players of all skill levels

TL:DR version n00bs suck so we're making it harder for you (the ever-dwindling fan) to enjoy our game, and adding an extra bullet before the enemy dies...

Link here: https://www.reddit.com/comments/a5fa7u

:| :shake: :D 

I uninstalled BF1 but I forgot to buy BFV. Guess I take a pause from this shit. :yeshrug: 

Maybe play some BF3 when I'm in the mood. Still the best BF after BF2. :yeshrug:

it can be frustrating how easy it is to die. Theres those moments in particular where you start unloading on someone in front of you and it feels like they almost instantly kill you even though you fired first and had the advantage. Stuff like that has always happened before it feels more pronounced in BFV, not sure if its a netcode issue or what.

Just now, Twinblade said:

it can be frustrating how easy it is to die. Theres those moments in particular where you start unloading on someone in front of you and it feels like they almost instantly kill you even though you fired first and had the advantage. Stuff like that has always happened before it feels more pronounced in BFV, not sure if its a netcode issue or what.

Yeah the issue most people had was the TTD - time to death; even EA have alluded to the fact that there may be bugs present within the TTD. But now they seem insistent on changing how game works by adding an additional bullet before people die. 

Combine that with the low ammo (I know they've added more since the Beta) and an increased TTK, makes it more difficult to kill those that you flank, and therefor reduces the efficiency of one of BF's most crucial strategies: The Flanking Maneuver. 

It just seems like they have far more pressing issues, add to that is you can still play with the old system, in what's called "Conquest Core" but you're effectively limited to one mode, and therefor segregated the community - the thing they were insistent on avoiding since the Premium of Battlefield 1.

18 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah the issue most people had was the TTD - time to death; even EA have alluded to the fact that there may be bugs present within the TTD. But now they seem insistent on changing how game works by adding an additional bullet before people die. 

Combine that with the low ammo (I know they've added more since the Beta) and an increased TTK, makes it more difficult to kill those that you flank, and therefor reduces the efficiency of one of BF's most crucial strategies: The Flanking Maneuver. 

It just seems like they have far more pressing issues, add to that is you can still play with the old system, in what's called "Conquest Core" but you're effectively limited to one mode, and therefor segregated the community - the thing they were insistent on avoiding since the Premium of Battlefield 1.

Thats silly to separate the modes like that.

But i actually think the increased TTK will benefit flanking, because if an enemy catches you, you have a greater chance of surviving and fighting back.