Nov. NPD Results (PS4 #1, Switch #2, Xbox #3)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But the Walmart display cases.

X marks the flop boys! Come get it while it's hot!    *PC players please come to the head of the line

Posted Images

@lynux3  you left out the important info :|

YoY:
Switch: +75%
3DS: -39%
PS4: -13%
XBO: -3%
Other: -6%

The top-selling titles (physical only) were RDR2, Black Ops 4 and Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee. 

@DynamiteCop!   Xbox1 is down just like I said it would be and Switch was up a whopping 75% and Pokemon Let's go sold great..... the trifecta of you being wrong this month :sabu:

update*

The real numbers are

Switch: 1356k
PS4: 1470k
XBO: 1338k

and 

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is the top selling game, followed by RDR2 and COD.

That is for physical sales only*

Edited by Goukosan
11 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

QdTjAIQ.gif

I think this month isbthe most wrong he has EVER been :mj:

1) Switch was #1 in Revenue. 

2) Pokémon Let's go was #1 in Physical at retail outselling both Red dead 2 and COD. 

(once digital is included next week this may change because Nintendo doesn't share its digital data with NPD) 

3) Switch was in contention and outsold Xbox1 

4) Xbox1 was down by 3% and Switch was up 75% compared to last year. 

I'll eat my crow but lol at an 18,000 unit difference. You guys got this month but there's still one to go. That's no win compared to the way you guys have been talking. Pokemon and Smash releasing and there's an 18,000 unit variance lol?

Also I told you guys the Xbox One always sells within 90'ish percent of the PS4.

More exclusives, more sales

giphy.gif

Mr Spencer, any insights as to why you lost npd for the 36th straight month?

Phil-Spencer1-e1482437906768.jpg

"Maybe we lost npd because we didn't give PC players enough gfx settings on the latest forza. In 2019, I promise to divert all resources away from finding exclusives for xbox in order to ensure PC players can make the most out their VRAM and DNS settings. We can do Better."

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'll eat my crow but lol at an 18,000 unit difference. You guys got this month but there's still one to go. That's no win compared to the way you guys have been talking. Pokemon and Smash releasing and there's an 18,000 unit variance lol?

Also I told you guys the Xbox One always sells within 90'ish percent of the PS4.

Smash has no effect on November sales as Smash was released on Dec 7th.

You will see the Smash effect next month when Switch sells even more than it did for November. 

Good on you for eating crow :salute:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Smash has no effect on November sales as Smash was released on Dec 7th.

You will see the Smash effect next month when Switch sells even more than it did for November. 

Good on you for eating crow :salute:

Smash has no effect? Of course it had an effect, pre-emptive system sales not to mention there's been a Smash system bundle available since November 2nd. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Smash has no effect? Of course it had an effect, pre-emptive system sales not to mention there's been a Smash system bundle available since November 2nd. 

For November all that was negligible compared to the Pokemon bundle effect + the Pokémon software sales effect at retail. 

Pokémon outsold both COD and RDR2 at retail in November. 

Smash Software and hardware effects will be fully realized in Dec. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

For November all that was negligible compared to the Pokemon bundle effect + the Pokémon software sales effect at retail. 

Pokémon outsold both COD and RDR2 at retail in November. 

Smash Software and hardware effects will be fully realized in Dec. 

Well I know they'll be realized in December I'm just saying it also had an effect on November. A bundle was available and the game came out only a week into the next month so people will have been looking for system sales during November for it. 

40 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

All teh exclusives netter 18k more units of a years newer console sold . That's weak .

I was expecting 2 or 3 million for PS4 and switch from the way sheep and cows were talking .

I told them before these results that they're overplaying their hand and being far too negative about how Xbox will perform. The Xbox One sold 98.67% of what the Switch did, they were all talking like it was going to be horribly down. "No Xbox One X release to lean on", "Pokemon and Smash are coming it doesn't stand a chance", shit like that.

18,000 units for the whole of the United States is such a small amount it could almost be considered within a margin of error. I also said Xbox One generally sells within 90%+ of the PS4, it sold 91% of what the PS4 did and they were acting like I was crazy, even Lynux was.

Edited by DynamiteCop!