GranBlue Fantasia RPG gameplay and GranBlue Fighting game announced (PS4)

Yes finally a high budget JRPG with a good battle system. The fighting game is developed by Arcsystem works too (Dragonball fighter z and Guilty gear Xrd).

Is there a deal between Sony and Cygames? Can’t imagine putting out all these high budget games and making them exclusives.

Just now, Pureis said:

Yes finally a high budget JRPG with a good battle system. The fighting game is developed by Arcsystem works too (Dragonball fighter z and Guilty gear Xrd).

Is there a deal between Sony and Cygames? Can’t imagine putting out all these high budget games and making them exclusives.

No Cygames just has infinite money from their mobile games and wants to expand into high end AAA development. 

Basically their target platforms are PlayStation and PC. Since they don't want to do low budget stuff. 

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

The Platinum game looks like GARBAGE. :kaz: 

The ASW fighting game tho. :aitch:

I like it. The graphics are amazing. :gasp:  

I'm not sure if I want to play this with the original japanese dub though, man it's always awful at times and fucking awesome when you get used to it. Reading subtitles sucks after a while too.

23 hours ago, kaz said:

I like it. The graphics are amazing. :gasp:  

I'm not sure if I want to play this with the original japanese dub though, man it's always awful at times and fucking awesome when you get used to it. Reading subtitles sucks after a while too.

weaklings. I just learnt the language like a japanese person. *kapoof* done.  level zone'd. 

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

weaklings. I just learnt the language like a japanese person. *kapoof* done.  level zone'd. 

I love and hate japanese. I don't like the overdramatic voice acting for every single little shit that happens. I prefer the original over voice actors tho. 

For example FFXIII adjusted lip syncing with english lmfao. I want to replay it with japo dub on PC. 

You know what I mean, I prefer the original. That's why I watch movies, play games etc. with subtitles if I don't speak the language

also: even though english is foreign for me I'm comfortable watching/playing without subtitles. English is by far the best language ever and I'm glad we say hello to aliens that way.

Edited by kaz
11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The GranBlue game does look really good. I feel like scripted events involving destruction have always been the weakpoint of japanese games that try to pull that off, but it looks sharp here. 

It wants to  be the next Final Fantasy. JRPGs have been scripting stuff like this since forever.

Think FF6 and the Ghost Train. Then the PS1 FF games kicked it off into overdrive.

17 hours ago, kaz said:

also: even though english is foreign for me I'm comfortable watching/playing without subtitles. English is by far the best language ever and I'm glad we say hello to aliens that way.

:D  we haven't met aliens yet because they took off and are still studying English.

Anywho your engish is top notch, but it's like a dialect to you. I don't know who/where/what you taught yourself. I am getting there with Jappo, but your English is truly fluent. I can and do play jap games now without anything.  I don't need to look up words either. But shit like "the staff of hydroplexechordian youth" --- I'll be able to sorta know the 4th word, read parts of it, realize it's a complex jibberish word that I don't have to get, so I move on and try and find the damn staff like my party wants me too.  :happysad:

Also, anime jap voices are purposely obnoxiuos.  That's why I LOVED FFXV.  They toned it down much, and imo at least Prompto sounds like just any ol' modern day hoot. The other guys, perhaps with the exception of gladio (not many bravado manly men in Japan tho), have a historian or heir of out-of-slice-of-life-fictional character draw to their speech.    FFXV in Jap is dope man. They really tried to make it appear like some modern day dudes sportin' a 1400 setting landscape.  With flying bullet-trains. 

Japan is transgender. In the mind. 

Edited by kokujin