Anyone else playing CS:GO Danger Zone?

Shit's pretty fun especially since I didn't have to pay for it, it's a lot smaller scale than PUBG and the like but it's quick, pretty decently laid out and using Counter-Strike's mechanics so it's solid in that regard. If you've got the game give it a go, it feels like a well made community mod.

46345606281_4a67db8aff_o.png

The game is garbage just like every other "battle royal" game. The map is pretty cool though I played like 20 games and survived about 5 games.

The random items you find are garbage I had to kill few peeps with melee weapons but they had a gun already. Armor and helmet is random, looks the same as parachutes which are completely uselss.

The drones give away your position and when you have enough money to buy something worth it the round is almost over(6-8min, 4 survivors remaining).

I realized that getting a pistol and searching for ammo is the best way to win. One round I picked up a shotgun from a dude I killed. But then he killed me with an AUG camping on the roof of a building. :| 

It's not bad and all like I said the map is pretty cool with the underground corridors etc. but battle royal genre sucks and even godlike cs gamplay doesn't make it any better.

also wtf is with the turrets everywhere AND the money you spent on locked doors is a complete waste. I got A FUCKING PARACHUTE FOR UNLOCKING A DOOR. WTF

Edited by kaz
3 minutes ago, kaz said:

The game is garbage just like every other "battle royal" game. The map is pretty cool though I played like 20 games and survived about 5 games.

The random items you find are garbage I had to kill few peeps with melee weapons but they had a gun already. Armor and helmet is random, looks the same as parachutes which are completely uselss.

The drones give away your position and when you have enough money to buy something worth it the round is almost over(6-8min, 4 survivors remaining).

I realized that getting a pistol and searching for ammo is the best way to win. One round I picked up a shotgun from a dude I killed. But then he killed me with an AUG camping on the roof of a building. :| 

It's not bad and all like I said the map is pretty cool with the underground corridors etc. but battle royal genre sucks and even godlike cs gamplay doesn't make it any better.

Yeah that's what I've been doing, just rolling with a P250 and ammo'ing up. If I come across something better I'll nab it but for the most part I find and conserve ammo and avoid using drones as much as possible. For a game like CS I think their implementation fits, it's not perfect or anything but it works well enough to where I've had fun just randomly dropping in it. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah that's what I've been doing, just rolling with a P250 and ammo'ing up. If I come across something better I'll nab it but for the most part I find and conserve ammo and avoid using drones as much as possible. For a game like CS I think their implementation fits, it's not perfect or anything but it works well enough to where I've had fun just randomly dropping in it. 

yeah, find a gun and get ammo, even if you don't get ammo I got first place with 13 rounds, carefully headshotting the 2 or 3 people I encountered.

BUT  one round I killed myself with C4 WHY IS THIS SHIT IN THAT MODE. THE BLAST RADIUS IS BIGGER THAN THE FUCKING MAP POOL IN COMPETITIVE lmfao

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

No. I'm permanently done with CS:GO ever since I got votekicked by an 11 year-old from a live match...for the 10th time. 

You probably got votekicked because you're horrible and a hindrance more than a benefit.

Just now, kaz said:

yeah, find a gun and get ammo, even if you don't get ammo I got first place with 13 rounds, carefully headshotting the 2 or 3 people I encountered.

BUT  one round I killed myself with C4 WHY IS THIS SHIT IN THAT MODE. THE BLAST RADIUS IS BIGGER THAN FUCKING THE FUCKING MAP POOL IN COMPETITIVE lmfao

Yup, gotta play smart, having the best gun and being loaded to the teeth don't make for the best strategy. lol I took out three guys in one go with the remote mines, they were all in a cluster shooting at each other and I just lobbed one off the cliff in the middle of them and detonated it lol.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You probably got votekicked because you're horrible and a hindrance more than a benefit.

Yup, gotta play smart, having the best gun and being loaded to the teeth don't make for the best strategy. lol I took out three guys in one go with the remote mines, they were all in a cluster shooting at each other and I just lobbed one off the cliff in the middle of them and detonated it lol.

I mean playing smart means camping at the end of the match and I got lucky by picking the other two remaining guys off in a fire fight. I have to admit it's simple fun because it's a 10-15min game. But that's because it's still CS.

It's weird though because if people had access to the usual rifles like ak/m4 at the later stage it would be a totally different game. 

But it's an early stage of the mode. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

That, or I don't take shit from kids old enough to be my children :laff: 

I don't know what you are talking about. If you play casual ok, but competitive (at a lower level I assume) you can always mute people. At higher rank games there aren't many kiddies that yell into the mic.

Edited by kaz
Just now, SheepKilla said:

Then you get votekicked for not listening/responding to your team's instructions via mic  :mickeyj:

tbh it sounds like you deserve a votekick. I would vote you off in the warming up phase :tom: 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

I don't know what you are talking about. If you play casual ok, but competitive (at a lower level I assume) you can always mute people. At higher rank games there aren't many kiddies that yell into the mic.

When I last played I got all the way to Gold and there was a bunch of kids there. There were also a massive amount of hackers. (Steam sent me messages a few times claiming the people I reported were banned). 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

When I last played I got all the way to Gold and there was a bunch of kids there. There were also a massive amount of hackers. (Steam sent me messages a few times claiming the people I reported were banned). 

Like I said: competitive at low level.