NPD: Switch the fastest selling console this gen. SmAAAsh sold 3 million in 11 days (US alone)

By the end of December, SMAAAsh will have the record for the biggest Exclusive launch OF ALL TIME in the United States. 

Bbbut this game has no hype :awww:

Nintendo is also the overall top-selling U.S. software publisher so far for 2018, according to NPD data through November. This performance should receive an additional boost from the December release of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimategame, which has become not only the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch game of all time, but also the fastest-selling game in the Super Smash Bros.series, with U.S. sales of over 3 million units in just 11 days

"Nintendo Switch has become the fastest-selling video game system of this hardware generation through 21 months, according to The NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. From its launch in March 2017 through November 2018, Nintendo Switch has sold more than 8.7 million units, outpacing U.S. sales of all other current-generation systems at the same point in their life cycles."

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181218005282/en/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah, you guys don't understand.  Smash actually only sold half that.  Smash Brothers Ultimate and Smash Brothers Ultimate  + Ultimate Fighter Pass are actually two separate releases with separate cont

I haven't anybody fail as consistently and thoroughly as Dynocrap since Wile E Coyote.  

What is this like tit for fucking tat lol? Go play the game you loser 

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What is this like tit for fucking tat lol? Go play the game you loser :hest:

The Article just came out you clown and as per usual..... you were wrong. 

Already have 42 characters.... 32 more to unlock :whoo:

Edited by Goukosan
12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Cool, you have this one great game after 14 months while we get them year round because people actually develop games for our platforms...

I've played several AAes this year too... when last XB1 had one of those? :cmpunk1:

Good for switch

But honestly, these curved ways to blimp nintys dozen million userbase is 'tarded to say the least. The playstation, since the first one actually has always sold more. And switch has a fraction of the ps4 userbase at any time in their respective and comparative cycles.  And switch is on pace, to end at a fraction of Sonys and XB1s userbase, and most of us know it. 

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

And switch has a fraction of the ps4 userbase at any time in their respective and comparative cycles.  

Put the drugs down for a sec. 

"Nintendo Switch has become the fastest-selling video game system of this hardware generation through 21 months, according to The NPD Group

For the slow ones like yourself... that means its selling at a faster pace than X1 and PS4 at this point in their comparative live cycles :cmpunk1:

If you want to, we can supply you
Got enough AAAAE, to feed the whole town
You won't outsell us, even if  you try to
Come around and try to stomp on our goomba
'Cause we takin' over, one npd at a time
Said we takin' over, one npd at a time
Said we takin' over, one ndp at a time
Said we takin' over, one ndp at a time (Mario, Zelda,  we rich)

38 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Put the drugs down for a sec. 

"Nintendo Switch has become the fastest-selling video game system of this hardware generation through 21 months, according to The NPD Group

For the slow ones like yourself... that means its selling at a faster pace than X1 and PS4 at this point in their comparative live cycles :cmpunk1:

I looked it up. It won't last. It has a fraction of the games. It has no 3rd party. But amazing start Ninty.  The Wii also sold like cakes.

23 minutes ago, lostfool said:

You are an idiot like Deenotard

well, that argument always works lmfao.

I'll admit since GC, this has been the most "we can do it" Nintendo console yet.  I wonder how much $$ Ninty lost ont he Wii U.  13.25 units sold. 103 wii units.  lfmao people really did think Wii U was not a new gen console.  But It appears Nintendo was brilliant enough to use the exact same hardware to sell the Wii U again.. as a Switch.  :D:D  :D  The ingenious of the little quirky japs.  

4 hours ago, bhytre said:

I was thinking where all the sheep went in the Q1 games 2019 thread, guess it's back to sales threads like predicted :roff:

It's literally the only thing they talk about :D what losers lol

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

well, that argument always works lmfao.

I'll admit since GC, this has been the most "we can do it" Nintendo console yet.  I wonder how much $$ Ninty lost ont he Wii U.  13.25 units sold. 103 wii units.  lfmao people really did think Wii U was not a new gen console.  But It appears Nintendo was brilliant enough to use the exact same hardware to sell the Wii U again.. as a Switch.  :D:D  :D  The ingenious of the little quirky japs.  

It's not the same hardware but it is similarly speced, the capability is very Wii U'ish. 

Oh man, the lemmings come rushing in these threads like a desperate SWAT team, trying to fire in any direction.

I'm going to love the multiple times in which Dynocrap will declare Smash Bros will "stop selling....starting now!"

giphy-2.gif

38 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not the same hardware but it is similarly speced, the capability is very Wii U'ish. 

they totally didn't upgrade the hardware an entire gen. (did they??).  They saved a lot of $$$ and got to "enter" next-gen again as if Wii U never happened (happy for them actually. I like Ninty).

And they kept the idea of a tablet. Preddy good recoup imo.    I can't remember, did the Wii U Stream to your TV or had a dock?  Is the Switch just more portable?

Edited by kokujin
1 minute ago, kokujin said:

they totally didn't upgrade the hardware an entire gen. (did they??).  They saved a lot of $$$ and got to "enter" next-gen again as if Wii U never happened (happy for them actually. I like Ninty).

And they kept the idea of a tablet. Preddy good recoup imo.    I can't remember, did the Wii U Stream to your TV or had a dock?  Is the Switch just more portable?

The Wii U was a fixed console that remained connected to the TV but had the Gamepad which games, UI elements and system features streamed to. The Switch is basically taking that system and bundling it into one.