Carleton sues Fortnite and NBA 2k19 over Fresh Prince dance

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Did he patent the dance? If so, he's got a shot.

Even if he didn't, he can cause enough PR to make Epic give him a settlement. Everybody knows that is his dance.

Why would you patent a dance? That’s like Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself

Just now, Angel Jim said:

Why would you patent a dance? That’s like Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself

Why wouldn't you?

Apparently, I had read that that kung fu guy in the third Matrix movie, that was going to be Jet Li. But the movie studio said that they wanted Jet Li to do mo-cap of all of those moves, and would therefore own the rights to that mo-cap.

Jet Li refused and he backed out of the movie.

So if you ever see a famous celebrity of a movie or tv show have a scene in which a guytakes off his pants and drawers, lays on his back and raises his legs up, and then clenches his nutsack tighly, and the parts that is bulging out he proceeds to slap it with his free hand..........then YOU can personally sue them.

26 minutes ago, kokujin said:

look at the little ****** kid dancing. I miss the old days. Now their lives are all political and matter and think they deserve equal rights. the fuck, stay in jail you moonker!  Flarida. 

i love you, low :-*

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Did he patent the dance? If so, he's got a shot.

Even if he didn't, he can cause enough PR to make Epic give him a settlement. Everybody knows that is his dance.

Its not that simple. Epic isn't charging for the  dance so thats one thing in their favor

I'm pretty sure he did invent the dance on Fresh Prince.  Not only does the character move exactly like him, they have the word "Fresh" in the title.  They're not even trying to hide it..  Now it all depends whether or not someone thinks they are taking something away from him.   Would he have profited off the dance in the future?  The dance may be the result of his personal creative output at that time during the show and he himself feels that he created this specific dance and believes they should not make money off of something he created (without giving him a cut).

Edited by S#$@%^i