• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thirst for good games is real 

TCWBFR   Playstation, best on Xbox

Lemtards are stupid

1 minute ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Lemmings implicitly admitting defeat stealth thread?

I'd say you're next but Nintendo can't even get a single game to function properly online let alone spearhead a cloud infrastructure 

By virtue of sucking ass Nintendo is safe :hest:

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You kind of sound like Aza right now, not outright denying but still speaking a bit ahead of yourself. The PS5 could launch with this stuff going on and first party game releases from day one, it's a bit too forthright for you to be saying this. I mean we're all aware this won't replace dedicated hardware for quite some time, but I can't see Sony letting their competitor come out of the gates with all these new games available on day one and then Sony saying "Oh here's some PS4 games from three years ago and a bunch of PS3 games"...

That won't fly, they either have to be in or they're out. 

There's a reason I'm having this convo with Remij and not you and the other morons. Poor jonb is already thinking he is getting God of War on Xbox :hest: 

If you think they are going to offer games like Spiderman 2, Horizon 2, etc day 1 on a non Sony box you are absolutely dreaming and by non Sony box I even mean even on PS Now on PC or phones. Won't happen next gen. And anyone that thinks any of MS or Sony's services will be available on each other's console is kidding themselves. Sony consoles will never have GP (sucks but it's fact).

The insane leaps you make from a job listing are absurd, everyone is testing what they job listing is after, even non gaming companies. 100% they would love PS Now to be available to the Phone/tablet market. Epic with Fortnite opened everyone's eyes to what a giant market that is.

Your ridiculous assumption that they can't offer PS Now as a secondary service everywhere while keeping first party titles as they are is laughable yet not surprising. 

18 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Doubtful. It's more like Google lit a fire under Microsoft's ass while Sony sat back rolling in the dough from their 52% market share in game streaming.

Sony is looking pretty right now and it's not a secret that they've been monitoring the market and upgrading/planning infrastructure updates to their existing platform. For all we know Microsoft's service is still another year or more out.

screw that noise.  We all know damn well that Sony does not have the capabilities to dial it up like Microsoft can.  Not for this kind of technology.  Not anymore. You realize that Microsoft Azure is cloud computing right?  Microsoft has been sinking tons of money into cloud computing for years and that technology is now coming into fruition.  This is simply a test from years and years of platform development.  Good luck catching up to anyone else honestly..  Microsoft has huge data centers running these servers.  Why do you pay for Xbox Live Gold?  Well shit it costs money to run data centers.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sony ends up using Azure in some capacity but will likely have an external contractor running it for them while MS has their own gurus who built the technology working on the service from under their own roof.  Sheeeit!  Game Over!

3 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

screw that noise.  We all know damn well that Sony does not have the capabilities to dial it up like Microsoft can.  Not for this kind of technology.  Not anymore. You realize that Microsoft Azure is cloud computing right?  Microsoft has been sinking tons of money into cloud computing for years and that technology is now coming into fruition.  This is simply a test from years and years of platform development.  Good luck catching up to anyone else honestly..  Microsoft has huge data centers running these servers.  Why do you pay for Xbox Live Gold?  Well shit it costs money to run data centers.  It wouldn't surprise me if Sony ends up using Azure in some capacity but will likely have an external contractor running it for them while MS has their own gurus who built the technology working on the service from under their own roof.  Sheeeit!  Game Over!

Sure buddy. That's why 1.) Sony already has a streaming technology, 2.) is hosted on the biggest most advanced cloud computing network to date, 3.) you don't need to be a cloud provider to use the cloud and 4.) Microsoft doesn't have a streaming service right now.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

There's a reason I'm having this convo with Remij and not you and the other morons. Poor jonb is already thinking he is getting God of War on Xbox :hest: 

If you think they are going to offer games like Spiderman 2, Horizon 2, etc day 1 on a non Sony box you are absolutely dreaming and by non Sony box I even mean even on PS Now on PC or phones. Won't happen next gen. And anyone that thinks any of MS or Sony's services will be available on each other's console is kidding themselves. Sony consoles will never have GP (sucks but it's fact).

The insane leaps you make from a job listing are absurd, everyone is testing what they job listing is after, even non gaming companies. 100% they would love PS Now to be available to the Phone/tablet market. Epic with Fortnite opened everyone's eyes to what a giant market that is.

Your ridiculous assumption that they can't offer PS Now as a secondary service everywhere while keeping first party titles as they are is laughable yet not surprising. 

You say this now because Sony has limited competition in this market and things are just starting out, but the second Microsoft enters the fray and is dropping first party titles regularly your tune will shift. This isn't even some kind of prediction, this is the inevitable nature of competition weeding out the weak. When Microsoft starts firing on all cylinders and their studios are outputting games cyclically and all of that is hitting these services day one; Sony's entrance into the market will wither and die if they don't do the same. They won't be able to compete in that market if all of their new stuff is being locked behind a hardware wall while people who use the services are shoveled nothing but old games, it won't work, it can't work. 

You seem to think that Sony is somehow immune, they're not, even in the console market they're not; look what happened last generation. Microsoft just about brought them to their knees out of nowhere because they made one mistake. This isn't going to be some market where Sony can dictate an outcome, they have to play ball, if you don't play ball in the introductory stages of services you're going to get knocked out.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You say this now because Sony has limited competition in this market and things are just starting out, but the second Microsoft enters the fray and is dropping first party titles regularly your tune will shift. This isn't even some kind of prediction, this is the inevitable nature of competition weeding out the weak. When Microsoft starts firing on all cylinders and their studios are outputting games cyclically and all of that is hitting these services day one; Sony's entrance into the market will wither and die if they don't do the same. They won't be able to compete in that market if all of their new stuff is being locked behind a hardware wall while people who use the services are shoveled nothing but old games, it won't work, it can't work. 

You seem to think that Sony is somehow immune, they're not, even in the console market they're not; look what happened last generation. Microsoft just about brought them to their knees out of nowhere because they made one mistake. This isn't going to be some market where Sony can dictate an outcome, they have to play ball, if you don't play ball in the introductory stages of services you're going to get knocked out.

The problem here is that you're assuming that Microsoft's first party games will somehow not be be shit outside of Forza Horizon. :hest:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Sure buddy. That's why 1.) Sony already has a streaming technology, 2.) is hosted on the biggest most advanced cloud computing network to date, 3.) you don't need to be a cloud provider to use the cloud and 4.) Microsoft doesn't have a streaming service right now.

Actually they do, it's already live internally from their datacenter in Quincy, WA.

In terms of AWS quit peddling that shit, you sound so dumb. They have no control over that, they're a customer, Microsoft owns their datacenters, their own hardware, they can dictate every aspect of them, they're deploying underwater datacenters in the ocean. Sony relying on a third party for their infrastructure isn't doing them any favors. They're at the mercy of Amazon. 

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Both companies said the same thing.

All the idiot cows claim xbox will be on PS why cant I say the same thing?

Idiots :D

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Actually they do, it's already live internally from their datacenter in Quincy, WA.

In terms of AWS quit peddling that shit, you sound so dumb. They have no control over that, they're a customer, Microsoft owns their datacenters, their own hardware, they can dictate every aspect of them, they're deploying underwater datacenters in the ocean. Sony relying on a third party for their infrastructure isn't doing them any favors. They're at the mercy of Amazon. 

You're just ignorant. It's expected, I'm probably the only one here who actually works in this industry. AWS is the biggest and most advanced cloud provider right now, but Azure is coming up quickly. Shit, even Google and IBMs clouds are worth a look too, but application is key and AWS is king for a reason. Sony owns, designed and had their own blades built as well which is why Microsoft got inspired to do the same thing. Doing it any other way wouldn't be cost effective in a data center environment which you have absolutely zero understanding of.

Sony pays for space and power and dictate anything they want to and like any other large Enterprise company have access on premise to do what they please with their space and power. You think AWS just gave Sony all of this infrastructure out of good will? No, Sony is paying for and managing all of it. AWS isn't a support your shit type of company, they are a "here you go... here's your space, power, the TOS and bill, have fun".

They're deploying underwater datacenters in the ocean.

And you say I sound so dumb. This isn't even relevant. :tom:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Statements like that one is why I don't want to have these conversations with you. You are beyond delusional.

Last gen is proof of the complete opposite. Sony did nearly everything wrong and MS nearly everything right and those 2 perfect scenarios resulted in the gen ending equal (market share wise). If you think MS brought 'Sony to their knees' last gen wtf do you think is happening to MS this gen?

Again you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Sony has the bigger subscription share already with PS Now, substantially so too over GP.

It has the bigger share console wise.

It has the bigger share game sales wise, both first party and 3rd party on it's platform.

MS is making moves to try and compete and we will see how it plays out next gen, but next gen, Sony is going to yet again go hard on their major SP first party titles and make them exclusive to the PS5. You don't change that strategy after having a record breaking year and console generation, especially when the only real competition (of who might be doing it better currently) is the Switch which is using a similar format of having it's major first party exclusives sell a fuck ton.

You also have no idea just how far behind other regions of the world are in being able to take up streaming services, even things like GP with downloadable games is a major issue for most of the world with DL speeds and limits. Let alone the fact that the Xbox brand is nearly non existant outside of US and UK. 

Other way this convo ends here from my end, zero point going back and forth with you. You know my prediction, I am saying no major first party title is day 1 on a non sony box meanwhile you think it will. We'll see who's right. Will be the same result as usual. 

7 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Both companies said the same thing.

All the idiot cows claim xbox will be on PS why cant I say the same thing?

Idiots :D

Don't care what others said, say it to them. I said the complete opposite. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

When the shoe gets put on the other foot they uproot everything they've ever said and go against it, idiots. 

Look up every thread and find where I ever said that. In fact in every single one I said ppl are dreaming if they think GP (or any MS service) is coming to a Sony system. I specifically mention how Sony didn't even allow EA Access and ppl are thinking they are going to allow MS :D

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Don't care what others said, say it to them. I said the complete opposite. 

Look up every thread and find where I ever said that. In fact in every single one I said ppl are dreaming if they think GP (or any MS service) is coming to a Sony system. I specifically mention how Sony didn't even allow EA Access and ppl are thinking they are going to allow MS :D

but MS will allow Sony games lol TCHBFK

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

The hardware profits itself isn't the money maker but the royalties of every game that sells on your platform and service most definitely is. I can 100% see PS Now moving to other devices (not other consoles) but PS Now still isnt even close to GP and what MS is doing with their actual first party being available day 1 on it and on non Xbox devices. We are a long way away from Sony having major first party titles not exclusive to a Sony box day 1. Long way away. If anything this gen further proved they don't need to do that, they broke their own sales record multiple times this year alone. 

You're absolutely right, but in the age where 3rd parties don't need your device to reach their audience.. what do you do then?  I had also said before that major 3rd parties are going to do this regardless.  When 3rd parties stop releasing their games on your platform what do you do?  This is why I said that I expected (MS is already doing this) that Sony will start purchasing developers.  MS is gobbling a lot of them up, and that's so that they can provide their OWN service and have a steady stream of content since 3rd parties will no longer be a guarantee.  I think the big ones will all have their own clients which run on PCs and stream to any and all devices that they support.  Ubisoft for sure will go this route.. but they will also likely partner with everyone as well.

That said, I agree with you that it's not going to be quite like GamePass.. at least not any time soon.  But if GamePass really takes off next gen and MS really expands their services and reach, then Sony may be forced to provide more than just "PS Now" on other devices... it will have to be competitive.. or they could start to lose people to the superior service.

Basically... Sony is dabbling in a few things, but they haven't really fully committed... not quite like MS seems to have.  MS is more open about their future plans ATM than Sony is and that's because they HAD to figure out a new way.  Sony's dominance forced them to orientate the business in a way that would help it prosper in the long term.  Sony still seems very close to the chest.. "it's working for us right now" kind of attitude.  But as I said, I think they could get caught with their pants down if they aren't careful.. and having to make a quick reactionary change to the fundamentals of your business strategy mid way through a gen is tough...  MS could withstand it only because they are absolutely massive.  We'll see what happens:lupe: 

27 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You're absolutely right, but in the age where 3rd parties don't need your device to reach their audience.. what do you do then?  I had also said before that major 3rd parties are going to do this regardless.  When 3rd parties stop releasing their games on your platform what do you do?  This is why I said that I expected (MS is already doing this) that Sony will start purchasing developers.  MS is gobbling a lot of them up, and that's so that they can provide their OWN service and have a steady stream of content since 3rd parties will no longer be a guarantee.  I think the big ones will all have their own clients which run on PCs and stream to any and all devices that they support.  Ubisoft for sure will go this route.. but they will also likely partner with everyone as well.

That said, I agree with you that it's not going to be quite like GamePass.. at least not any time soon.  But if GamePass really takes off next gen and MS really expands their services and reach, then Sony may be forced to provide more than just "PS Now" on other devices... it will have to be competitive.. or they could start to lose people to the superior service.

Basically... Sony is dabbling in a few things, but they haven't really fully committed... not quite like MS seems to have.  MS is more open about their future plans ATM than Sony is and that's because they HAD to figure out a new way.  Sony's dominance forced them to orientate the business in a way that would help it prosper in the long term.  Sony still seems very close to the chest.. "it's working for us right now" kind of attitude.  But as I said, I think they could get caught with their pants down if they aren't careful.. and having to make a quick reactionary change to the fundamentals of your business strategy mid way through a gen is tough...  MS could withstand it only because they are absolutely massive.  We'll see what happens:lupe: 

It will definitely get interesting when that stage happens (of 3rd parties not need your device) but I think we are still incredibly far away. Sort of how only now have we finally reached 50/50 rate in digital adoption, this process will take many many years (and possibly multiple gens) and next gen is only going to be the first step from primarily MS (in regards to going all in). Sony will continue to test and prepare but Dyno's assertion that Sony has to go all in to compete (meaning has to offer first party day 1 like MS) is ridiculous. PS Now already has a larger market share than GP and until Sony sees a full gen of getting slaughtered on that front they aren't going to make gigantic changes on a formula that has worked better this gen than any other and made them the clear leader. 

Also don't forget this is Sony, they move slow and in tiny steps. Even on fairly minor issues like cross play and cross account access. When it comes to major first party titles at minimum I think we are an entire generation away at least for Sony. They will definitely continue to do what is working for them going into next gen then reasses then but in the mean time be prepared (which we have seen them do this gen already by fairly quickly allowing downloadable titles on PS Now) for taking steps into that area.

In regards to PS Now expansion and how the service can grow and spread everyone is always assuming they are just going to get influence from MS (meaning day 1 first party titles) yet another very interesting idea would possibly be to look at Nintendo (yes, weird I know). PS Now expanding to be like a retro subscription with PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games plus PS5 games (but not day 1) would be an incredible service. One that can very easily compete with GP and any 3rd party services while also letting Sony continue to make bank on their giant first parties which do sell their systems. 

It's definitely a very very interesting situation going in to next gen and I can't wait to see how it plays out.