Gamespot's 10 Best Games of 2018, Xbox completely shut out

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/game-of-the-year-2018s-10-best-games/2900-2463/

Monster Hunter World
Into The Breach (PC, Switch)
God of War (PS4 exclusive)
Dead Cells
Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4 exclusive)
Return of the Obra Dinn (PC exclusive)
Tetris Effect (PS4 exclusive)
Hitman 2
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch exclusive)
Game of the Year: Read Dead Redemption 2

note tetris effect earning a top 10 spot over forza 2k18 :kaz:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We took a vote , we use GS that is FINAL !   UHH uhh did you see the user reviews doh?   Lmfao

jon certainly thought so 

expected, but awful list nonetheless.   My top 5   #5: Black Ops 4 PS4 non-gimped content version   #4: Gris /Nintendo Switch #3 The Missing/ Nintendo Swit

expected, but awful list nonetheless.

My top 5

#5: Black Ops 4 PS4 non-gimped content version

black-ops-4-playstation-exclusivity-cod-

#4: Gris /Nintendo Switch

H2x1_NSwitchDS_Gris_image1600w.jpg

#3 The Missing/ Nintendo SwitchnCwfyGX.png

#2 428: Shibuya scramble / PS4

keyart.jpg

#1 Octopath Traveler / Switch

el-equipo-de-octopath-traveller.jpg

Honourable mentions: Red dead 2 PS4 extra content edition, Marvel's Spiderman, Smash Bros, Monster hunter World PS4 extra content edition, God Of War

this is the first year where xbox one was literally irrelevant, there was no need to own one at all, not a single worthwhile game released on it at all + every single good multiplat had exclusive content on PS4. there's also the sad fact that it actually was a worse year than 2017, which was a fucking trainwreck year. 2019 will be even worse, mark my words. Crackdown 3 :rofl: 

Edited by Bodycount N
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

My top 5

keyart.jpg

Honourable mentions: Red dead 2 PS4 extra content edition, Marvel's Spiderman, Smash Bros, Monster hunter World PS4 extra content edition, God Of War

this is the first year where xbox one was literally irrelevant, there was no need to own one at all, not a single worthwhile game released on it at all + every single good multiplat had exclusive content on PS4. there's also the sad fact that it actually was a worse year than 2017, which was a fucking trainwreck year. 2019 will be even worse, mark my words. Crackdown 3 :rofl: 

Shibuya is on my to buy list. :glad:

Where did I say exclusive you bumbling idiot :tom: 

It's funny though that a multi-plat is proved to be the most valuable game of the year, beating all the exclusives listed. A multi-plat is the best game of the year and it also happens to be significantly better on Xbox :tom: 

Edited by bhytre

PS4

Exclusives; Spiderman, God of War, Detroit all AAA quality, none on PC, all real exclusive

Multiplats; Red Dead (GOTY), COD BO4 (most played multiplayer game), Monster Hunter World (One of the best games/RPGs this year, all exclusive content on PS4

Niche Japanese games; Shibuya Scramble, Dragon Quest XI, Blazblue CrossTag, Fist of the North Star, Yakuza, etc all Xcluded

XDone:

FauXclusives: SOT (5.0 scrap) State of decay (scrap), Forza 20 (all on PC)

Multiplats: Exclusive content in nothing, exclusive beta (a couple of days) for FallOut 4.0

Niche Japanese games; None, 0, nada, nothing.

phil-spencer-dice-2018.png

Thanks for 'saving' Xbox, Phil. Don Mattrick had a better lineup when 90% of the focus was on kinect, lmfao.

• Haha 1

Also PC was the worst platform this year, lol @ that scrap PC non-game on the list. PC's entire worth is based on the scraps it gets from XDone, so it's safe to say since all the Xdone games were shit this year, so were the PCs. At least PC gets some multis the XDone doesn't get though.

Ship_02.0.png

LMFAO look at this POS

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, kaz said:

I never thought I'd say this but my vote for a ban goes to bodysheep. Dude is the flipflopping master, even rempee can't touch his asshole.

I've been on team N for like 6 months now, PS4 is simply my go to secondary console, just because i need my COD fix. It also actually still has games releasing for it, which puts it ahead of xbox automatically.

As Switch grows and grows and continues to swallow up all the japanese support, PS4/5 will occupy an even further diminished role in my game time.

As for Xbox/Win 10, like I said, I have no sympathy for a brand that doesn't respect its fans enough to give them exclusives. 

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

My top 5

keyart.jpg

The missing and Gris were godly!