CRT convergence ring adjustment

I just picked up another CRT for my game room (Sony KV-20FS120) and its working but it has some convergence issues. I already made adjustments on circuit dials which brought the colors closer together but it requires more so the rings need to be adjusted.

I've adjusted convergence rings before however these rings have what appears to be factory epoxy/glue on them keeping the three seperate rings together. 

Does anyone have experience removing this epoxy/glue? 

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

wtf are you talking about?   There is no convergence anything with a old tube set, you just hook it up and turn it on.   Stop making things over complicated.  

Coming from someone like you who claims to be into retro tech/gaming; the stupidity in this statement is unreal. 

P.S. I fixed the convergence btw..

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Like 1
On 2018-12-25 at 6:23 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

Coming from someone like you who claims to be into retro tech/gaming; the stupidity in this statement is unreal. 

P.S. I fixed the convergence btw..

Nobody claims to be anything here.  Most of us grew up with tube sets and some of us still have ours and don't need to buy one again to discover like you dumb yuppies.  

Wait a minute, is Dynocrap trying to imply that the people on this forum have no experience with CRT gaming?????? LOL

Basically, he thinks nobody here has played video games prior to 2005.  Absolutely fabulous.

Anyways, I have my Sony Trinitron 34XBR970  television in the corner of a room, I've been meaning to find time to clear some space so that I can open it up and work on its power supply to get it back on again. Probably need to replace the transformers on that power supply board.

Since my friend is finally giving me back my Gamecube, I'll probably set this tv up for my older consoles. Thank goodness I bought one of the very last, very best CRTs ever produced.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Nobody claims to be anything here.  Most of us grew up with tube sets and some of us still have ours and don't need to buy one again to discover like you dumb yuppies.  

Dude you straight up denied what I said like it isn't what happens and needs to be done with CRT'S. CRT's need their convergence adjusted, geometry squared, yolk twisted, color calibrated etc. Over time the factory setup falls out of range from magnetic change, shock, aging components and they need be serviced and tweaked.

You can hold onto your old CRT'S all you want, compared to the more modern sets they're absolute garbage.

On 2018-12-27 at 11:47 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

Dude you straight up denied what I said like it isn't what happens and needs to be done with CRT'S. CRT's need their convergence adjusted, geometry squared, yolk twisted, color calibrated etc. Over time the factory setup falls out of range from magnetic change, shock, aging components and they need be serviced and tweaked.

You can hold onto your old CRT'S all you want, compared to the more modern sets they're absolute garbage.

Who is this guy?   Why is he so stupid.  :|

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Yes, it's completely unnecessary.

You're a little bitch.

It's not completely unnecessary, it is for a fact of necessity for continued CRT operation and calibration. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You are an absolute idiot. As previously stated you know nothing about display technology.

You keep telling yourself that, you're the moron who thinks it's a requirement to re-calibrate a tube TV set.   Your issue is only a necessity to your case with your garbage TV, not anyone else.