The trailer for Jordan Peele’s new movie Us (ownage af)

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I still need to see Get Out. :] 

That being said; God Dayum! :omg:

get out is weird as fuck butthe movie owns. the ending is really satisfying.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I don't get what's so special about this.  It looks meh. :| 

I think it’s going to have similarities to Coherence, which is one of my favorite sci-fi thrillers. Plus, Get Out was awesome. I have full faith. 

On 2018-12-25 at 10:48 AM, Remij_ said:

I don't get what's so special about this.  It looks meh. :| 

Get Out was a masterpiece of horror that had many layers to it.  This is the sophomore effort to that movie by Jordan Peele.

Judging from the trailer, it looks to keep the layers that separate the great horror movies from the popcorn trash that goes straight to netflix.

On 2018-12-25 at 11:19 AM, Teh_Diplomat said:

I still need to see Get Out. :] 

That being said; God Dayum! :omg:

Same. I saw one of the famous scenes out get out and I was like wtf? I thought that movie was gonna be a comedy. I definitely wanna see these 2 now. 

35 minutes ago, roflpwnedz said:

Same. I saw one of the famous scenes out get out and I was like wtf? I thought that movie was gonna be a comedy. I definitely wanna see these 2 now. 

it's horror with comedy.

On 2018-12-25 at 9:20 AM, -GD- said:

he made the song I got 5 on it sound scary :bow: 

:D  :D  jeezuz fuck.  I loved the build-up. thought a bit disappointing once the monsters came out, but still seeing lots of crazy to follow and I suppose excellent fucking acting considering each actor is playinga sane and membraininsane version of themselves.

Def. colorfully shot and cast. Hoorah for black representation. More n more black families will raise up NOOORMAL from shit like this trust me. Instead of idolizong gangster, they can idolize themselves being middle-class on the big screen.

Anywho, if I get time or $6 matinee money. I will go support this.  The beginning and end looks sweet. The middle looks lmfao.  How do those things NOT kill them the first visit? I seem to see multiple scenes of 'em chasing em and shit lol. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, kokujin said:

:D  :D  jeezuz fuck.  I loved the build-up. thought a bit disappointing once the monsters came out, but still seeing lots of crazy to follow and I suppose excellent fucking acting considering each actor is playinga sane and membraininsane version of themselves.

Def. colorfully shot and cast. Hoorah for black representation. More n more black families will raise up NOOORMAL from shit like this trust me. Instead of idolizong gangster, they can idolize themselves being middle-class on the big screen.

Anywho, if I get time or $6 matinee money. I will go support this.  The beginning and end looks sweet. The middle looks lmfao.  How do those things NOT kill them the first visit? I seem to see multiple scenes of 'em chasing em and shit lol. 

i love how it's super vague. i have several ideas about the potential plot. however, i hope i'm surprised. in jordan peele we trust! 

• Sad 1
Just now, -GD- said:

i love how it's super vague. i have several ideas about the potential plot. however, i hope i'm surprised. in jordan peele we trust! 

why are their rabbits in a portal room?? lol.  perhaps the plot and circumstances are bizarre.   supernatural, a reflection of self that no one else sees?

or just freddy cougar motherfuckers live next door. I'm hoping it is complex!! I personally like creepy scary over gorey scary. :-*  :-*  

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the family is middle class and doing things that are typical of upper-middle class white families in the beginning of the trailer.  Just look at who all is surrounding the main characters at the beach, for example, followed by the father driving a boat in circles.  It's deliberately "white".

But the clones/copies/whatever in this movie are monsters, Peele has confirmed.  The real question is what do they represent.  Given the intro, I think they're going to represent some form of self-hatred, maybe?  Like even a black family that has made it still has to deal with a bunch of bullshit indoctrinated into them since birth.

• Like 1
Just now, McWicked said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that the family is middle class and doing things that are typical of upper-middle class white families in the beginning of the trailer.  Just look at who all is surrounding the main characters at the beach, for example, followed by the father driving a boat in circles.  It's deliberately "white".

But the clones/copies/whatever in this movie are monsters, Peele has confirmed.  The real question is what do they represent.  Given the intro, I think they're going to represent some form of self-hatred, maybe?  Like even a black family that has made it still has to deal with a bunch of bullshit indoctrinated into them since birth.

i don't think there's going to be as much of a racial message as Get Out. my theories:

1. "5 on it" - 5th family member?  maybe one died in a fire (the scarring)

2. the bunnies. i still think there's a sci-fi element here. perhaps, this is a failed experiment to rewrite their lives (getting past a tragic event?)...and the family "in danger"-  is the actual cloned one, while the creepy one represents the memories/egos being suppressed. 

i have a few more. but i want to carefully think them out.