The most disturbing moment of 2018

24 minutes ago, Ike said:

And now Trump is doing exactly what these two want in Syria. Also, helping the murder tapes disappear.

What Trump is doing in Syria is by a country mile the best thing he has done in his entire term as president and a millions times better than anyone has done there in a while. 

I know yous probably don't hear much about what's going on there now but Syria is the best it has been in years (I'm talking about hearing from actual Syrians that have families there). They've actually be able to celebrate Christmas as a minority there without the fear of attacks unlike how it was with ISIS or the American supported rebels. It's back to being the secular Syria (as secular as Syria can be). Don't let petty american politics influence your view when it comes to these things. Assad is far from perfect but he is by far the best option for Syria.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, madmaltese said:

What Trump is doing in Syria is by a country mile the best thing he has done in his entire term as president and a millions times better than anyone has done there in a while. 

I know yous probably don't hear much about what's going on there now but Syria is the best it has been in years (I'm talking about hearing from actual Syrians that have families there). They've actually be able to celebrate Christmas as a minority there without the fear of attacks unlike how it was with ISIS or the American supported rebels. It's back to being the secular Syria (as secular as Syria can be). Don't let petty american politics influence your view when it comes to these things. Assad is far from perfect but he is by far the best option for Syria.

It's less the what and more the how.  Trump gave an order without any sort of exit plan.  He's doing the same with Afghanistan.  There's a reason why Mattis resigned, and Mattis was the only guy left in the administration who wasn't functionally retarded.  This move should scare you.