I've been insanely ill for the past 3 days

It's really been forever since I've felt as sick as this.  Went home for Christmas, had a great time, we came back later on  Christmas day after a big dinner, and I was alright.  Then later on in the night I started getting really deep chills and the sweats.  My wife woke me up in the middle of the night because I was shaking uncontrollably and no matter what I couldn't stop.  I'm a pasty ass motherfucker normally, but I was basically ghostly.  Had a really bad fever and started coughing uncontrollably and my body ached with pain all over.  It hurt to even just lie still.  I'm not one for doctors so I was going to give it a couple days to see if it would get better.. and it has, but I'm still hurting quite a bit and have a terrible headache from coughing.  My glands are swollen and I pretty much drugged myself out to try to deal with the pain.  Finally today I swallowed my pride and went to the fucking doctor.  I have a combination of shit and got some meds.  I'm feeling a tiny bit better and think I'm on the mend.. but holy fuck.. what a terrible thing.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'm feeling better.

I've been looking at the forum but didn't even have the energy to post until now.  It sucks when you can't even just lay down without your entire body aching.  I wouldn't wish this shit on even Bhytre..

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

That sucks dude glad you're getting back to normal. Being down for the count sucks massive dick.

Thanks man!

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

If you have massive headaches check for a prostate infection. I'm serious. The actual dick and prostate don't feel shit, the rest of your body does. 

That's though if shit doesn't help for days. 

Yea, nah I'm pretty sure that it was due to the shaking and uncontrollably tightening up my body while at the same time coughing.  Still doing quite a bit of coughing so I'm pretty sure that's what did a number on my head.  I'll keep it in mind though... thanks.

So, I've been told that annual flu shots are potentially bad for you? That it actually increases your chance of getting the flu?

Now, this is a claim that is different than the regular anti-vaxxer crowd, because that's in regards of children. This claim I hear is specifically regharding adults taking the annual flu shot.

For many years I never got a shot, because I would rarely get sick (maybe twice during my 20's I got the flu, aches and all). I did get a shot last year, and I felt like I might get something for the two days afterwards, but I recovered.  This year, I haven't gotten the shot.

46 minutes ago, dakur said:

In Spanish there's the term "fiebre rompe-huesos" which translates to something like break-bone fever and it feels like the one you described. I don't know what the English term is.

In English Remipee got the "PC Virus"

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

So, I've been told that annual flu shots are potentially bad for you? That it actually increases your chance of getting the flu?

Now, this is a claim that is different than the regular anti-vaxxer crowd, because that's in regards of children. This claim I hear is specifically regharding adults taking the annual flu shot.

For many years I never got a shot, because I would rarely get sick (maybe twice during my 20's I got the flu, aches and all). I did get a shot last year, and I felt like I might get something for the two days afterwards, but I recovered.  This year, I haven't gotten the shot.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/misconceptions.htm