Next 3 months decide if PS5 is 2019

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

With Sony skipping E3 it's either holiday 2019 or March 2020.

March 2020 now, eh? :bena:

And I have no idea why people think Sony skipping E3 moves the window up as all it does is eliminate a 2019 release. If there were a first half of 2019 announcement they'd be at E3.

27 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

March 2020 now, eh? :bena:

And I have no idea why people think Sony skipping E3 moves the window up as all it does is eliminate a 2019 release. If there were a first half of 2019 announcement they'd be at E3.

I'm on the other side. Skipping E3 means a dedicated 2019 PS5 event. Makes it way more sense to me, the whole E3 aspect being important and mandatory is nonsense. 

46 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I'm on the other side. Skipping E3 means a dedicated 2019 PS5 event. Makes it way more sense to me, the whole E3 aspect being important and mandatory is nonsense. 

So, dedicated PS5 reveal in March 2019. Three months later the biggest gaming show on the planet takes place and not only do you not want to show anything, but you give your competitor sole focus at the show with three months of planning to counter-program your console? The reason they're not at E3 this year is precisely because there isn't going to be a PS5 announcement and they have nothing to show.

The dedicated 2019 PS5 event is PSX at the end of the year. Take it to the bank™.

11 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

So, dedicated PS5 reveal in March 2019. Three months later the biggest gaming show on the planet takes place and not only do you not want to show anything, but you give your competitor sole focus at the show with three months of planning to counter-program your console? The reason they're not at E3 this year is precisely because there isn't going to be a PS5 announcement and they have nothing to show.

The dedicated 2019 PS5 event is PSX at the end of the year. Take it to the bank™.

I can see that happening. PS5 announcement in December 2019 at PSX, PS5 releases March 2020. Makes sense.

I'd be cool with that, 2019 is too early. We're about to get hit by a tidal wave of excellent titles in 2019. I don't need anything else right now.

Sony will launch in november like always. they also have the whole industry backing them, the most popular titles like call of duty and etc to launch with the system.

also, i doubt they see Xbox as a threat any longer after this gen's showing. I doubt they're counting out MS entirely, that would be stupid, but the stakes have definitely been lowered now that MS wrote themselves out of core gamer's minds + have a 'damaged goods' brand that's toxic in consumer's eyes.

Nintendo was smart etching out a niche for themselves in the hybrid market, because sony isn't going anywhere in terms of consoles, they're always going to be #1. It's MS who occupies dead space with no brand image beyond an overpriced companion app box for your windows PC. :D It's just how it is now, people think 'console' and they think playstation. Nintendo knew this when they folded with wiiU. MS is going to learn hard next gen, because playstation's success is going to narrow them out of the playing field sooner rather than later.

Edited by Bodycount N