1070 or 2060

Debating between the two.  1070 has 2 more GB of vram and for 108060 only a few games will benefit from the 2060. Not concerned about RT and the 2060 will fail at that anyway.

I can currently get a 1070 for 300 bucks. 2060 will be minimum 350. It has 2 games for free but the games are only a 15 dollar EA premier value. 1070 comes with MHW which I would give to one of you since I don't like it.

TDP is roughly the same. the 1070 I was looking at is  a little less. Both would be pushing my PSU.

Im only planning on 1080p60 gaming. What would you do .

Yes yes, JonBHermit

I would just ask Remij but I am afraid he has died :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1070 is better value for what im going to use it for. It should be able to do 108060 for the rest of this gen. They will probably  both give me the same experience 

2060 will have a longer lifespan but the 1070 is cheaper and since you will only be doing 1080p60 gaming, I say go with the 1070.

It has 3- 6. Id get the 6gb. 4gb is not enough for 1080p, believe me I know I have a 3gb 1060.   6 will probably make it through the gen tho/

1070 is better value for what im going to use it for. It should be able to do 108060 for the rest of this gen. They will probably  both give me the same experience 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Alphonse said:

2060 will have a longer lifespan but the 1070 is cheaper and since you will only be doing 1080p60 gaming, I say go with the 1070.

Ill probably get the same out of either. I think next gen will require a 2070 minimum.

But then again, I'm not sure what benefits the 2060 might have for future games...  And I'm sure the 2060 can play 1080p games just fine.  Until you are interested in playing pc games in 1080p or higher I doubt either of those cards will make a huge difference.  I could be wrong.  Yes, the 2060 is newer but I doubt it would have a significant increase in performance but I could be wrong.  Anyone want to chime in?

the 2060 is about 1070 ti to 1080 level according to Nvidia. Its a better card for sure, but, it lacks in VRAM compared to the 1070 and almost all current gen benchmarks for the 1070 are 60fps +. If the 1070 does 60 fps and the 2060 does 80 fps it doesn't matter to me since ill be gamin at 60fps

1 minute ago, Alphonse said:

And that will probably be barely scratching the surface.

idk. I think the next consoles will be 1080 level. I bet even the 1070 will be good enough for next gen games at 1080p, if the consoles are focusing on 4k.

Im not planning on a 4k gaming pc, its too expensive. Ill stick with Xbox 4k and Pc 1080p

2 minutes ago, S#$@%^i said:

VRAM shouldn't be a problem for either of those cards since you are gaming at 1080p/60 I suppose.  So until you're ready to go higher res it's probably better to get the cheapest one. 

vram always ends up being a problem

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

vram always ends up being a problem

How much VRAM does the 2060 have?  If it has at least 4 GB then it should be more than fine at 1080p for a good while.

Hold up. What is the standard VRAM on cards these days :D I haven't even been reading up on that?  I know some cards have 12 GB or some crazy shit.. How much does a 2060 have?  I can't see it being more than 6 GB right? :wonder: 

Edited by S#$@%^i
1 minute ago, S#$@%^i said:

How much VRAM does the 2060 have?  If it has at least 4 GB then it should be more than fine at 1080p for a good while.

It has 3- 6. Id get the 6gb. 4gb is not enough for 1080p, believe me I know I have a 3gb 1060.

6 will probably make it through the gen tho/

• Upvote 1

Looking at some of the benchmarks the performance difference won't be that huge for someone who doesn't care for 4k.  The only positive for the 2060 that I see for you is that it will have a longer life span.