1070 or 2060

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1070 is better value for what im going to use it for. It should be able to do 108060 for the rest of this gen. They will probably  both give me the same experience 

2060 will have a longer lifespan but the 1070 is cheaper and since you will only be doing 1080p60 gaming, I say go with the 1070.

It has 3- 6. Id get the 6gb. 4gb is not enough for 1080p, believe me I know I have a 3gb 1060.   6 will probably make it through the gen tho/

18 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Looking at some of the benchmarks the performance difference won't be that huge for someone who doesn't care for 4k.  The only positive for the 2060 that I see for you is that it will have a longer life span. 

Yeah the 1070 will be able to do 108060 for most games for the rest of the gen. The 2060 is better for sure but at 1080p will it even matter for now I doubt it.

Ill wait to see if they actually launch at 350, if they do maybe ill just get that.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's when those RX 64 level cards come at like $250 huh?

No clue, to be honest. Other than Ryzen 3000 series being formally announced not sure what AMD is going to be showing or what NVIDIA's lower end pricing will be.

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No clue, to be honest. Other than Ryzen 3000 series being formally announced not sure what AMD is going to be showing or what NVIDIA's lower end pricing will be.

It seems to be.

AMD confirms 7nm CPU and GPU showing at CES 2019 in January

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/damien-cox/amd-confirms-7nm-cpu-and-gpu-showing-at-ces-2019-in-january/

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Linushbk

You should wait.

• Upvote 1

I'm not in a hurry but it really won't matter because for 108060 a 1070 would be fine .

Unless they announce some 1080 level 120tdp card for like 280 bucks I doubt anything will matter to me 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

I'm not in a hurry but it really won't matter because for 108060 a 1070 would be fine .

Unless they announce some 1080 level 120tdp card for like 280 bucks I doubt anything will matter to me 

The rumors were an RX 64 level card (slightly better than a GTX 1080) for $250 MSRP.

It's worth the wait and see, I was going to get an RX 64 until I heard this.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This dipshit is throwing around TDP as if he actually has any kind of understanding what it means.

I know exactly what it means. I have a 460wt psu

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I know exactly what it means. I have a 460wt psu

I'll wait while you Google it so you can pretend to understand what it pertains to.

Edited by lynux3
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'll wait while you Google it so you can pretend to understand what it pertains to.

Doesn't matter what you think . I'd prefer the lowest wattage card possible so I don't have to get a new PSU . Never installed one and I read it's difficult with dells without some fuckery .

Dell ships up to gtx 1080 at 180 watts on their 460watt psu . 

That's why I'm looking at 2060 which is 160 watts or a 1070 that isn't factory overclocked past that .

13 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Doesn't matter what you think . I'd prefer the lowest wattage card possible so I don't have to get a new PSU . Never installed one and I read it's difficult with dells without some fuckery .

Dell ships up to gtx 1080 at 180 watts on their 460watt psu . 

That's why I'm looking at 2060 which is 160 watts or a 1070 that isn't factory overclocked past that .

Dell trash. :shrug: