Mario Odyssey is GOTG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

great game, but BoTW is my GOTG.  That game redefined both a genre and a beloved franchise.  A fucking masterpiece and I can't wait for the next game.

Maybe if Mario had a basketball shirt +  headband he could buy in the shop you'd rate it better? casual pos 

Yeah kind of, but with Super Mario 64 it felt like you were on thought out missions to get the stars whereas in this game it felt like "There's a bunch of moons hidden all over the place, try to find

Meh. 

It was a great game, really enjoyed the first playthrough, but it was just way too easy. Too many stars for doing  bullshit tasks pushed it too far into the collectathon genre. Sucks since it has excellent platforming mechanics but so few places (in the main story at least) to use them. Couple dud levels too that just felt uninspired. SM64 is still superior. 

As for GOTG, I don't even know if I'd put it top 10 at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Casual said:

Meh. 

It was a great game, really enjoyed the first playthrough, but it was just way too easy. Too many stars for doing  bullshit tasks pushed it too far into the collectathon genre. Sucks since it has excellent platforming mechanics but so few places (in the main story at least) to use them. Couple dud levels too that just felt uninspired. SM64 is still superior. 

sad.   why do they make games so easy?? wasn't there a lot of post game moons that were challenging for real gamers?  Looks pretty tho. Plan to play it at some time.

saw an AMERICAN on the train playing The Switch and Oddysey today.  Felt like japaan. 

Just now, teh_4th said:

great game, but BoTW is my GOTG.  That game redefined both a genre and a beloved franchise.  A fucking masterpiece and I can't wait for the next game.

I wanna play this too.  When Switch cost $110. I'll take with me to NIPPON

6 minutes ago, kokujin said:

sad.   why do they make games so easy?? wasn't there a lot of post game moons that were challenging for real gamers?  Looks pretty tho. Plan to play it at some time.

saw an AMERICAN on the train playing The Switch and Oddysey today.  Felt like japaan. 

I wouldn't say there was a lot, though I obviously didn't do all of them. Think I got to ~500. The challenging ones were just too few and far between. They've definitely built a great game though, amazing looking levels and some of the capture mechanics were really fun to use. 100% worth playing. Just doesn't stand up with the best games for me. 

Off the top of my head...Zelda, Bloodborne, Witcher 3, God of War, Persona 5, Dark Souls 3, Monster Hunter World, Horizon, Celeste were all better to me. 

Edited by Casual
9 minutes ago, Casual said:

Meh. 

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

It's EXPLORATION based you idiots, not a pure platformer like Galaxy or Sunshine. 

The real challenge comes after you beat the story. Doing some of the boss rematches is insanely challenging. Other levels are so challenging it has players quitting and never returning to the game.

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

It's a great game, but in terms of 3D Mario games, I'd still put it like this:

Mario 64 > Mario Galaxy > Mario Odyssey >>>>>>>>> Mario Suncrap

You're underrating Sunshine tbh but I'd agree in general. 

I would love for them to just do a  proper remake of SM64. Keep everything the same except the graphics and camera. 

7 minutes ago, teh_4th said:

Still gotta play this.  Waiting for a price drop to $40 or $30, just because it's been a year. 

Does it have online games like balloon world? :happysad: 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

Still gotta play this.  Waiting for a price drop to $40 or $30, just because it's been a year. 

Does it have online games like balloon world? :happysad: 

haha, no, no online component whatsoever.  Would be kind of cool if they had a PvP arena like they did in ALBW now that the combat is much deeper.

Just now, Casual said:

I would love for them to just do a  proper remake of SM64. Keep everything the same except the graphics and camera. 

I'd pay 60 for that.  Just do a full remake and give it 20 extra starts and two player co-op.

1 hour ago, McWicked said:

It's a great game, but in terms of 3D Mario games, I'd still put it like this:

Mario 64 > Mario Galaxy > Mario Odyssey >>>>>>>>> Mario Suncrap

Mario 64> Mario Galaxy 2> Mario Galaxy 1> = Odyssey >3d world > Sunshine. 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Ya'll hating on Sunshine too much.

Mario 64 > Galaxy 1 > Odyssey > Sunshine = Galaxy 2 >>>>>>> 3d World >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3d Land.

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Didn't play Galaxy 2.  Sunshine was pretty bad, though.  I remember being disappointed before I was half-way through.  People online keep saying it's actually reall good, but those swimming controls were straight dogshit and anyone who says otherwise should feel ashamed of themselves.

Sunshine. :scust: 

24 minutes ago, Casual said:

Ya'll hating on Sunshine too much.

Mario 64 > Galaxy 1 > Odyssey > Sunshine = Galaxy 2 >>>>>>> 3d World >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3d Land.

im not hating om Sunshine.   All 3D Mario games have been great to me. 

Sunshine was just not as great as the others...but still great.