Mario Odyssey is GOTG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

great game, but BoTW is my GOTG.  That game redefined both a genre and a beloved franchise.  A fucking masterpiece and I can't wait for the next game.

Maybe if Mario had a basketball shirt +  headband he could buy in the shop you'd rate it better? casual pos 

Yeah kind of, but with Super Mario 64 it felt like you were on thought out missions to get the stars whereas in this game it felt like "There's a bunch of moons hidden all over the place, try to find

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Felt way too safe. 

Because the real challenge begins after you beat the main story. :| 

The story is safe for CASUALS. 

Some of the boss re-match fights in peach's castle are no joke. Had to basically use an exploit to win one. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kokujin said:

I go through the same story with FFXV. I'm a fan, and enjoyed the fuck out of it. Most people hate the game lmfao. Sad. :( It's so purdy. And fancy. And cars. And valleys.  and :(

No one "hates" Odyssey to my knowledge. They're just saying it wasn't GOTG.

Odyssey really highlights the pathetic and limited level designs of the super linear, preplanned paths of the Galaxy games. Which alone makes it the best modern Mario game. 

GOTG though, its not even the best Nintendo game of the year nevermind gen. BOTW is in a league of its own compared to Odyssey imo. 

Edited by Team 2019