RIP Marty Funkhouser

Mean Gene and Super Dave gone on the same day.:feelsbadman:

For the longest time, I didn't know that his name was not Dave Osborne.  He was always Super Dave.

I saw him on Arrested Development, the voice is unmistakable, but I never knew his real name in the credits.  It was only during Curb that I realized that the Dave Osborne was a character.

Just last month, I started skimming through episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (never really watched those), and I saw that he was in two episodes. So I watched those.  Fucking hilarious. I like the second episode, he stops Jerry and says he has one thing to ask him.

"The guy.......who cut Kim Jong-Un's hair. When he turned him around and showed it to him in the mirror; how quickly do you think they took his head off?"

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Mean Gene and Super Dave gone on the same day.:feelsbadman:

For the longest time, I didn't know that his name was not Dave Osborne.  He was always Super Dave.

I saw him on Arrested Development, the voice is unmistakable, but I never knew his real name in the credits.  It was only during Curb that I realized that the Dave Osborne was a character.

Just last month, I started skimming through episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (never really watched those), and I saw that he was in two episodes. So I watched those.  Fucking hilarious. I like the second episode, he stops Jerry and says he has one thing to ask him.

"The guy.......who cut Kim Jong-Un's hair. When he turned him around and showed it to him in the mirror; how quickly do you think they took his head off?"

you will love this

Good stuff, and in the Comedians in Cars episode, Jerry says that they kept in that laugh because it was authentic. Jerry didn't know that Marty Funkhouser was going to make a joke, and Larry did know but he didn't know what type of joke.

This is a quick snippet of comments in his two episodes.  The one where they are sitting in the table is fantastic, because he's actually telling the story of his father, Larry Einstein, having his big showbiz moment doing a routine in a huge gathering of stars honoring Lucille Ball back in 1956, and his dad absolutely nailed it, and he then proceeded to have a heart attack after his routine and died there that same night.

Its a really touching story, and there's alot of noise going on in the background, so Jerry turns to his camera guy and says "are we getting this? we good?"

And Bob Einstein's face is fucking priceless.:lawl:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Good stuff, and in the Comedians in Cars episode, Jerry says that they kept in that laugh because it was authentic. Jerry didn't know that Marty Funkhouser was going to make a joke, and Larry did know but he didn't know what type of joke.

This is a quick snippet of comments in his two episodes.  The one where they are sitting in the table is fantastic, because he's actually telling the story of his father, Larry Einstein, having his big showbiz moment doing a routine in a huge gathering of stars honoring Lucille Ball back in 1956, and his dad absolutely nailed it, and he then proceeded to have a heart attack after his routine and died there that same night.

Its a really touching story, and there's alot of noise going on in the background, so Jerry turns to his camera guy and says "are we getting this? we good?"

And Bob Einstein's face is fucking priceless.:lawl:

godly :bow: 

52 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Did you know that Bob Einstein is Albert Brooks' brother?

And Albert Brooks' name is a stage name, because his real name would be Albert Einstein. LOL

That is one fucking funny family.

i found a scene of them together. 

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/456595/Modern-Romance-Movie-Clip-You-Want-Happiness-.html