What are you Top 25 Games of All Time?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Forza Motorsport 2. Forza Motorsport 2 3. Forza Motorsport 3 4. Forza Motorsport 4 5. Forza Motorsport 5 6. Gears of War 7. Forza Horizon  8. Forza Horizon 2

This is a mix bag of mostly nostalgia.  I'm sure if I did a list like this in a year it would look slightly different, but these are what came to mind for me. Just a bunch my most memorable gaming exp

Shenmue  Soul Calibur Super Metroid Contra III: The Alien Wars Wolfenstein Enemy Territory   Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda II Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

9 minutes ago, Saucer said:

25 was a little overkill. :shrug:

What about Top 10?

this is my personal top 10: 

10) Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
9) WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
8) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7) Empire Earth II
6) Conker's Bad Fur Day  
5) Counter-Strike: Source
4) Sanitarium
3) Grand Theft Auto 3
2) Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
1) Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive (Expansion pack)

15 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Look at this noob who missed out on SW's CSS games. :D 

bunch of faggots that never heard of wallbanging :tom:  CSS my ass get out of my sight nub

Edited by kaz

In order?

Because that would be fuckin' hard to do. I can give you 25 but I don't think I could order them.

(Listing them as they pop in my head)

Ninja Gaiden Black

Bayonetta

Devil May Cry

Zelda Majora's Mask

Resident Evil 4

Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

Quake III

Starcraft

Chrono Trigger

F- Zero

Radiant Historia

Grandia 2

Portal 2

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Shadow Hearts Covenant

Dark Souls 

Bloodborne

Castlevania SOTN

Megaman X

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Valkyrie Profile

Guilty Gear XX Reload

Witcher 3

Metroid Prime

I tried to limit myself to only one game from a series otherwise you'd be seeing multiple games from a series. I also tried to limit myself in genres otherwise my list would have a lot more Action games and Fighting games. Truth be told, this isn't even concrete, I could swap games out with others constantly and would probably never be able to have a cemented top 25. Fun little exercise though, I haven't participated in a thread like this in a long time.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, kaz said:

Witcher 3 is the best game ever made :( 

I wouldn't say that but it's pretty damn good. I'm generally not a fan of WRPGs but Witcher 3 is  a different kind of beast. You should play it if you haven't yet, be prepared for it take over your life for the next few months though. The game is massive. 

Ok so this won't be in order , or probably even accurate , but I'll try 

My fondest memories of games came from the arcade and when I was really young but don't have too much memory of gaming when a young kid 

Going to the arcade was too much fun . They used to be popping and that's what started my love of fighting games 

Mortal Kombat Arcade 

Mortal Kombat 2 Arcade - I was in tournaments for this in my early teens

Killer Instinct Arcade - I remember my friend calling me from the mall and telling me to come quick they got a new arcade machine . 

UMK3 - I remember when the machine got the update 

720 , NFL Blitz , NBA Jam ...more games I remember playing in the arcade for HOURS at a time with friends 

Guilty Gear X and #reload - my roommate pirated this for Dreamcast when I was 18 or 19 and we played it non stop . Still do occasionally . When it came to Xbox I played like 400000 matches and made friends on XBL that I still talk to 

Mario Brothers up to 3. Played all these with my sister when I was young 

Amplitude , Frequency , Guitar Hero , Rockband - I was so addicted to these kind of game when I first played frequency on a ps2 demo disc . This phase lasted almost 10 years . I still dream for a proper sequel to freq and amp 

ProjectGotham Racing and midtown madness - these games on XBL were so much fun . XBL was fucking awesome back then . People actually talked and formed relationships from gaming .

Gran Turismo up to 3 . Really got me into cars and I love cars to this day . If I only had money for a gt3

FF7. Played so much I had to turn my ps2 upside down to read the disc 

Grandia 2 , Skies of Arcadia - loved these on Dreamcast 

Need for Speed and Way of the Warrior 3do. My friend had a 3d0 and we played these non stop 

Ghost Recon on Xbox . Me and my friends played 4 player for like a year straight 

Gears of War - played this at least 10 times co op . Mind was blown when this came out . Spent 2000 dollars on a 720p rplcd Sony TV 42 inch for this game 

Kaboom . Classic . Still fun to this day . Played with my mom when I was like 5

Some more recent games ...

Killer Instinct XB1 - I couldn't believe this actually happened . My favorite fighting game of this gen . Hope for a sequel 

Street Fighter 4. Played well over 10000 matches online 

BlazBlue series . Had a lot of fun during the 360 days playing this with SW people 

Witcher 3 ...Fallout 4 . Never finished any of these yet but fell in love with both of them and I hate WRPGs or so I told myself

Dragons Quest 11 . Currently playing and probably gonna end up as my gotg . I love everything about this game .

Forza Horizon games , all of them . Beat arcade racing games ever made . I can just drive around and enjoy it . 

Probably missed or forgot a fuck ton but meh 

• Upvote 1
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It was fun to fuck around in but taking it seriously was a joke.

Well, my rating was actually influenced by this website. We used to play games on our own server and everyone used to take it seriously, having matches with sigbets based on who won. Some people here were addicted like it was crack and were literally on the server 24/7. I would definitely not have liked it as much if I just played alone on random servers with random people. 

Also don't know what you mean by "taking it seriously was a joke" when they had a serious competitive scene iirc.  

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

Well, my rating was actually influenced by this website. We used to play games on our own server and everyone used to take it seriously, having matches with sigbets based on who won. Some people here were addicted like it was crack and were literally on the server 24/7. I would definitely not have liked it as much if I just played alone on random servers with random people. 

Also don't know what you mean by "taking it seriously was a joke" when they had a serious competitive scene iirc.  

We played the game competitively as a joke, made it through playoffs and ended up getting moved up to CAL Main our first season of play lol. The game was fun but it was a mechanical mess. 

• One way smokes
  • No velocity cap
  • Gigantic hitboxes
  • Decreased spread and recoil
  • Horrible lag compensation and interpolation which resulted in peekers advantage
  • Improperly scaled maps
  • Materials prevented spamming
  • The ability to purchase ammo was removed screwing up eco and buy rounds
  • No quick scoping
  • Quick switching allowed you to immediately refire with the AWP

The game had problems.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

We played the game competitively as a joke, made it through playoffs and ended up getting moved up to CAL Main our first season of play lol. The game was fun but it was a mechanical mess. 

• One way smokes
  • No velocity cap
  • Gigantic hitboxes
  • Decreased spread and recoil
  • Horrible lag compensation and interpolation which resulted in peekers advantage
  • Improperly scaled maps
  • Materials prevented spamming
  • The ability to purchase ammo was removed screwing up eco and buy rounds
  • No quick scoping
  • Quick switching allowed you to immediately refire with the AWP

The game had problems.

None of these are proper criticisms. Especially "improperly scaled maps," which makes no sense. Maps like Aztec, dust2, and office are considered some of the best maps in all gaming. :| 

Possibly the only points you may have are hitboxes being weird (not large, weird), and "horrible lag compensation" (which I don't understand and never experienced, but I guess makes sense on the surface as a criticism). The rest are FEATURES, not criticisms. You are basically criticizing it for not being COD 10 with quick scoping and ammo purchases (who the fuck runs out of ammo in CSS? ROFL :pavarotti:)

Just now, SheepKilla said:

None of these are proper criticisms. Especially "improperly scaled maps," which makes no sense. Maps like Aztec, dust2, and office are considered some of the best maps in all gaming. :| 

Possibly the only points you may have are hitboxes being weird (not large, weird), and "horrible lag compensation" (which I don't understand and never experienced, but I guess makes sense on the surface as a criticism). The rest are FEATURES, not criticisms. You are basically criticizing it for not being COD 10 with quick scoping and ammo purchases (who the fuck runs out of ammo in CSS? ROFL :pavarotti:)

I'm criticizing it for its divergence from Counter-Strike 1.6.

-One way smokes allowed you to see people through the smoke from one angle while they could not see you looking back.

-No velocity cap resulted in uncontrolled bunny hopping which was minimized and patched out of Counter-Strike version 1.3 and 1.4.

-The Hit boxes were massive.

Here are 1.6's hitboxes.

LRDOBz7.png

Here are Source's hitboxes.

oBCj97A.png

-The recoil model was minimized which resulted in less upward pitch when firing and tighter firing spread making it easier to land shots while spraying.

-Lag compensation and interpolation resulted in peekers advantage, this not only allowed people to peek a corner and kill you before you could technically even seen them and react; it made it so if you were running around a corner and had cleared it the lag compensation tried to adjust for connection differences and cycled your hitbox back putting it into "view" and prone to getting shot even if you were no longer visible. 

latest?cb=20130503205918

-The map size was decreased substantially resulting in not only improper player to world scale but also map timings.

-They increased material density so spamming walls was no longer a viable method of killing members of the opposing team which removed strategy and knowhow from the meta of the maps.

-In 2005 they updated the game and removed ammo purchasing, they forced full ammunition upon weapon purchase. This messed up aspects of the economy and a players ability to budget and purchase only the ammo they needed.

-In another 2005 update they nerfed the AWP and removed quick scoping making it inaccurate when right clicking and immediately firing while stopped.

-They broke quick switching and AWP delay allowing you to immediately fire the AWP when switching from your secondary to the AWP.

-Source engine psychics items were generally scattered all over the map getting in the way of players, tripping them up, getting them stuck and making noise if bumped and bugging out sometimes if the collision model bugged.

@kaz