What are you Top 25 Games of All Time?

Deano. I'm sorry but I'm starting to think NOTHING you say makes ANY sense. 

You are seriously criticizing CSS because of its "map scale", "there were objects in the maps", and "because you can't buy ammo." 

I can't take anything you say seriously :cosby2:The fuck is wrong with this guy? You see 2 + 2 = 4 and he sees 2 + 2 = Green 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. Forza Motorsport 2. Forza Motorsport 2 3. Forza Motorsport 3 4. Forza Motorsport 4 5. Forza Motorsport 5 6. Gears of War 7. Forza Horizon  8. Forza Horizon 2

This is a mix bag of mostly nostalgia.  I'm sure if I did a list like this in a year it would look slightly different, but these are what came to mind for me. Just a bunch my most memorable gaming exp

Shenmue  Soul Calibur Super Metroid Contra III: The Alien Wars Wolfenstein Enemy Territory   Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda II Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

You are seriously criticizing CSS because of its "map scale", "there were objects in the maps", and "because you can't buy ammo." 

I can't take anything you say seriously :cosby2:The fuck is wrong with this guy? You see 2 + 2 = 4 and he sees 2 + 2 = Green 

Well you're a pub rat while I played high level Counter-Strike, it's understandable while you can't understand simple things. 

The 1.6 CS purists are insane elitists. :D Making a big deal because you could shoot one bullet out of the awp when switching weapon. rofl, who cares.

CSS is an amazing game. Single handedly made me interested in MP shooters. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well you're a pub rat while I played high level Counter-Strike, it's understandable while you can't understand simple things. 

I logged in hundreds, possibly thousands of hours, playing this game. I think I have SOME authority on what criticisms make sense, and which don't. :D when I see bullshit, I call it like it is. 

4 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

but bu the objects lying around made noise and had weird HL2 physics issues. :D 

Oh no. 

I never played 1.6 because it was fucking ugly as sin. If I'd play CS today I'd try that new Go version or whatever it's called. 

Fuck playing outdated looking shit because of minute details. lmfao

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

but bu the objects lying around made noise and had weird HL2 physics issues. :D 

Oh no. 

I never played 1.6 because it was fucking ugly as sin. If I'd play CS today I'd try that new Go version or whatever it's called. 

Fuck playing outdated looking shit because of minute details. lmfao

These are not flaws, these are FEATURES of the game! 

You think Valve wouldn't patch the awp quickswitch if it wasn't intended? I knew he was full of shit as soon as I saw him complaining about being unable to buy ammo. 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

You think Valve wouldn't patch the awp quickswitch if it wasn't intended? I knew he was full of shit as soon as I saw him complaining about being unable to buy ammo. 

Those are not features, those are misguided development by newer people on the team. 

I’d have to really thing about the order, ive split them into groups of 5 instead for now. 

1-5

-Counter Strike 1.6

-Diablo II

-World of Warcraft

-Metroid Prime

-Donkey Kong Country 2

6-10

-Banjo Kazooie

-Dark Souls

-Super Mario Bros 3

-The Last of Us

-Breath of the Wild

11-15

-Ocarina of Time

-Bloodborne

-Resident Evil 4

-Super Mario 64

-Witcher 3

16-20

-Super Mario World

-Chrono Trigger

-Mass Effect 

-Super Metroid

-Link to the Past

21-25

-KOTOR

-Skyrim

-Final Fantasy VI

-Metal Gear Solid

-Halo

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

If you played the original you would notice how different these games are. CSS is just not a good COUNTER STRIKE game, if you like the game because you never played another CS version, well have fun.

But that makes you a noob in my opinion. Didn't you cry that you get kicked in competitive matches in GO "on your way to gold nova"? :mj: 

The comparison of the hitboxes is kinda misleading because it's actually worse when you play the game. The character models are HUGE as fuck and it looks like they move like turtles making easy targets. Strafing is a death trap.

Removed wallbanging alone makes the game shit. CSGO doesn't have it either but at least it has proper hitboxes, recoil patterns and the overall speed of the game is much faster like 1.6. 

@Ramza and lol at cs 1.6 purists are insane elitists. It's true but well deserved. It's just still the best CS game of the 3. Just try it and maybe you get hooked to the game. It requires skill but it's rewarding.

41 minutes ago, kaz said:

If you played the original you would notice how different these games are. CSS is just not a good COUNTER STRIKE game, if you like the game because you never played another CS version, well have fun.

But that makes you a noob in my opinion. Didn't you cry that you get kicked in competitive matches in GO "on your way to gold nova"? :mj: 

The comparison of the hitboxes is kinda misleading because it's actually worse when you play the game. The character models are HUGE as fuck and it looks like they move like turtles making easy targets. Strafing is a death trap.

Removed wallbanging alone makes the game shit. CSGO doesn't have it either but at least it has proper hitboxes, recoil patterns and the overall speed of the game is much faster like 1.6. 

@Ramza and lol at cs 1.6 purists are insane elitists. It's true but well deserved. It's just still the best CS game of the 3. Just try it and maybe you get hooked to the game. It requires skill but it's rewarding.

Your argument boils down to "I didn't like the differences, therefore 1.6 and GO better." 

CSGO is a terrible game. I played with so many aimhackers that it's ridiculous. Made me permanently uninstall the game and never look back. 

And  of course I was gold when I was playing versus HACKERS and smurfs, and not to mention kicked by children for using smart strategies. Clown. :trump:

As for 1.6, I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but playing a shooter in that 8bit, 3-pixel shit is intolerable even for me. One of the few times I'll say Poitras has a valid point. And I actually found Quake 3 to be beautiful. 

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

Your argument boils down to "I didn't like the differences, therefore 1.6 and GO better." 

CSGO is a terrible game. I played with so many aimhackers that it's ridiculous. Made me permanently uninstall the game and never look back. 

And  of course I was gold when I was playing versus HACKERS and smurfs, and not to mention kicked by children for using smart strategies. Clown. :trump:

As for 1.6, I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but playing a shooter in that 8bit, 3-pixel shit is intolerable even for me. One of the few times I'll say Poitras has a valid point. And I actually found Quake 3 to be beautiful. 

lol it boils down to.... no it's just exactly what I said. It's my opinion. 

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

I listed objective reasoning as to how Source presented issues which caused it to greatly diverge from 1.6 and negatively impact gameplay. 

It's not even opinions, it caused problems. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Not sure about top 25 without thinking about it for quite a while but I know Super Mario Bros 3 would be on it and quite high if not #1.  Since we're talking about Counter Strike, I'd probably put 1.6 on it somewhere too.  Fun times back in the days of dial up Internet, blocking phone calls. :killzone: :happysad:  

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Not sure about top 25 without thinking about it for quite a while but I know Super Mario Bros 3 would be on it and quite high if not #1.  Since we're talking about Counter Strike, I'd probably put 1.6 on it somewhere too.  Fun times back in the days of dial up Internet, blocking phone calls. :killzone: :happysad:  

yes, or disconnecting from a server because your dumb bitch of a sister has to use the telephone for hours

• Like 1

No. 1 Deus Ex

The Rest in no order(off the top of my head):

Chrono Trigger

Starcraft

Super Mario Bros 3

Shadow of the Colossus

System Shock 2

LoZ: Link to the Past

Mario 64

Half Life 2

Gran Turismo 2

Burnout 3

FFVI

LoZ: OOT

Earthbound

Halo 2

Ikaruga

Skyrim

God of War (2018)

Uncharted 2

The Last of Us

Journey

Super Mario Galaxy

Celeste

Bloodborne

Witcher 3

Tried to limit to 1 per franchise and the one I think had the most impact on it's genre at the time. GTA 3 should probably be somewhere there too.

• Like 1

This is a mix bag of mostly nostalgia.  I'm sure if I did a list like this in a year it would look slightly different, but these are what came to mind for me. Just a bunch my most memorable gaming experiences.

Super Metriod

Doom 

Quake

Command and Conquer Red Alert

Diablo 2

Star Craft

LTTP

OOT

Mega Man X

Contra 3 Alien Wars

Dark Forces

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Dark Souls

Bloodborne

Unreal Tournament

Warcraft 2

Super Castlevania IV

MGS1

MGS Snake Eater

GTA3

Modern Warfare

MHW

FFIII SNES

Mortal Kombat 2

Perfect Dark

SM64

Edited by Boss
  • Like 2

Damn, Diablo 2 and Ikaruga.... I can't believe I didn't list either of them.

Ikaruga pretty much lived in my Dreamcast for like a year straight and Diablo 2 is responsible for me losing a lot of sleep on a school night during my high school years.

Great games, great memories.

• Like 1

Shenmue 

Soul Calibur

Super Metroid

Contra III: The Alien Wars

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

Legend of Zelda

Legend of Zelda II

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past

Super Castlevania IV

Bayonetta

Ikaruga

Garou Mark of The Wolves

Street Fighter 2

Nier

Nier Automata

Resident Evil Remake

Resident Evil 4

Silent Hill 2

Metal Gear Solid

Final Fantasy X

Demon's Souls

Ninja Gaiden Black

Killer 7

Resonance of Fate

Something like that in no order I guess off the top of my head, I'd probably change a few with games escaping me atm

Fatal Frame 2-3, Dragon's Dogma, P.N. 03,  F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime etc.

Edited by bhytre
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Sabo said:

Damn, Diablo 2 and Ikaruga.... I can't believe I didn't list either of them.

Ikaruga pretty much lived in my Dreamcast for like a year straight and Diablo 2 is responsible for me losing a lot of sleep on a school night during my high school years.

Great games, great memories.

Probably the most perfect arcade game ever made.