Shenmue 3 confirmed 'much larger game than in previous entries,' 'will take multiple weeks to complete

During the G-Fusion Tour 2018 in Xiamen, Shenmue 3 director Yu Suzuki dropped new details on the game.

Shenmue 3 will be a much larger game than previous entries in the series as it will take multiple weeks to complete.

This is according to a talk Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 3’s animation producer Hiroaki Takeuchi held at G-Fusion Tour 2018 in Xiamen, China.

Shenmue 1 and 2 could both be completed in one week’s time. Suzuki implied the game would be playable once the main story finishes without having to start a new game.

It was also said mini-games will have a larger impact on the game as a whole. This is due to better integration, and while some of the mini-games from Shenmue 1 and 2 return, most are new to the series. It was confirmed Excite QTE, Gashapon, Lucky Hit, and the forklift races make a return.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ugh, i really dont like the sound of this. i hope they're not going for a quantity > quality approach with the game. Theres only so much that can be done on a $6 million budget.

That's the community budget which is well over $7 million, they already had other investors plus after all the Kickstarter stuff Deep Silver became their publisher so the game probably has a $20-30 million budget.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's the community budget which is well over $7 million, they already had other investors plus after all the Kickstarter stuff Deep Silver became their publisher so the game probably has a $20-30 million budget.

Meh, im just not into the idea that every game needs to be long and filled a bunch of filler content. I'd rather they focus on making a awesome 10 hour game than a merely good game that stretches on for 30 hours or more.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Meh, im just not into the idea that every game needs to be long and filled a bunch of filler content. I'd rather they focus on making a awesome 10 hour game than a merely good game that stretches on for 30 hours or more.

Well Shenmue was already a 20 hour game and Shenmue 2 was already 30 hours and in my opinion both are awesome so I don't know what to tell you. Sounds to me like you don't have any experience with these games.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well Shenmue was already a 20 hour game and Shenmue 2 was already 30 hours and in my opinion both are awesome so I don't know what to tell you. Sounds to me like you don't have any experience with these games.

Way to completely miss the point :|:rollseye:

Edited by Twinblade