Gen Z is completely fucked up because of social media

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Word. I was thinking of archiving all the old post and only allowing the og members access to them. Worry some motherfuckers will see the crazy shit we posted back in the day and try to ruin our perso

It's interesting how social media has evolved from stuff that was pretty anonymous and faceless like ICQ, forums, etc and where all content was basically written. To something less anonymous and with

Just now, McWicked said:

Gen Z?  Pfffft.  Have you seen what Facebook is doing to the boomers?

Yeah.. It's not this bad though. Just watch. Boomers didn't have their formative years drenched in like buttons and duckface. 

19 minutes ago, ghostz said:

So are we, but I totally agree. It changed the world, imagine someone like Elvis having twitter. One wrong tweet and he’s not Elvis 

We grew up with the internet but social media didn't really become mainstream until around 2007 with Facebook. Most of us were adults by then. 

Just now, Cookester15 said:

We grew up with the internet but social media didn't really become mainstream until around 2007 with Facebook. Most of us were adults by then. 

In a nutshell "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", we were already by and large adapted to a life before these things where their influence on us is not as pronounced as it is for those who grew up with it. 

2 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Word

by 2017  I was getting ready to start college

• Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Still obviously effected by it, forums are one of the earlier forms of social media. We were ahead of the game at gs sw, but it was still social media, in general any website that ever allowed comments from visitors is really social media if you think about it. All the tlhbr, tchbo, tshbk, etc could all be hasttags if we had a big enough community lol

i do agree tho, we were the transition generation which is cool to think about. But we are singled out in that regard too. We are split on our thoughts about it, despite being consumed by it 

Edited by ghostz

That means that they will grow up in harsher circumstances and have to learn more rules about social risks than people from previous generations.

If anything, this is a failure on the people who created the environment and they now have to go through it. But, it also means that they will probably come out tougher and smarter.

I mean, alot of adults lose their shit because somebody trashed them in a facebook post. There's going to be a day where we laugh at somebody being that thin-skinned.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That means that they will grow up in harsher circumstances and have to learn more rules about social risks than people from previous generations.

If anything, this is a failure on the people who created the environment and they now have to go through it. But, it also means that they will probably come out tougher and smarter.

I mean, alot of adults lose their shit because somebody trashed them in a facebook post. There's going to be a day where we laugh at somebody being that thin-skinned.

In what reality do you live in? 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The observable one.

I don't get my picture of reality from somebody telling another person on a video podcast.

Your post was like you are posting from another dimension and somehow it's appearing in this one. Do you seriously believe what you wrote?