Gen Z is completely fucked up because of social media

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Social Media is absolutely dangerous.

One wrong thing you say and you are done for.

Imagining Guiltyspark going on his usual racist ramblings on facebook or GD joking about killing people.

I had to delete all of my crazy FB post/memes  like 5 years ago, because we were told that we could get fired for inappropriate posts, even if the company isn’t mentioned on the profile. I ended up deleting Facebook altogether, about a year ago. Everybody is so sensitive now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Word. I was thinking of archiving all the old post and only allowing the og members access to them. Worry some motherfuckers will see the crazy shit we posted back in the day and try to ruin our perso

It's interesting how social media has evolved from stuff that was pretty anonymous and faceless like ICQ, forums, etc and where all content was basically written. To something less anonymous and with

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

I had to delete all of my crazy FB post/memes  like 5 years ago, because we were told that we could get fired for inappropriate posts, even if the company isn’t mentioned on the profile. I ended up deleting Facebook altogether, about a year ago. Everybody is so sensitive now. 

Word. I was thinking of archiving all the old post and only allowing the og members access to them. Worry some motherfuckers will see the crazy shit we posted back in the day and try to ruin our personal lives with it.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Word. I was thinking of archiving all the old post and only allowing the og members access to them. Worry some motherfuckers will see the crazy shit we posted back in the day and try to ruin our personal lives with it.

I like that idea. 

4 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Your post was like you are posting from another dimension and somehow it's appearing in this one. Do you seriously believe what you wrote? 

No, you're seriously just posted that you get your information about children and younger generations between a 60 year old explaining a 40 year old podcaster on youtube.

You ARE in that other world.  You consuming as much internet as possible............is not a proper substitute for knowing how life is in this world.

It just isn't.

8 hours ago, Carlos Vela said:

Wtf

my girls 11,  she would never even think of self harming herself 

In fairness, a lot of parents think that.

Not saying it's true in your case but these things are often hid from their parents for years.

Gen-Z is F'ed in some ways and blessed in others.   

I never imagined we would be able to stream any music video with Youtube from a mobile device that the size and similar shape of a PDA.   There was nothing like that when I was in grade school.     You wanted to see a music video on demand, there was a TV station called The Box that had a hotline number you could dial and request a music video.   

I do remember impressing my peers when I bought a Handspring Visor Deluxe back in 2000  (that's a Palm OS based PDA), couldn't do much with them, heck they weren't even internet connected.  

Imagine today's kids and young adults who all they known is internet connected media.  The ones in grade school are easily getting distracted.  

Edited by The Mother Fucker

It's interesting how social media has evolved from stuff that was pretty anonymous and faceless like ICQ, forums, etc and where all content was basically written. To something less anonymous and with less written content like Facebook and Twitter and now kids are only on stuff like Instagram and Snapchat which favor images and videos over actual written content. It shows a prevalence of appearance over actual content even if we are less anonymous it is also more superficial...  

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Yeah.. It's not this bad though. Just watch. Boomers didn't have their formative years drenched in like buttons and duckface. 

They have it drenched in social media propaganda, and they vote.

5 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Gen-Z is F'ed in some ways and blessed in others.   

I never imagined we would be able to stream any music video with Youtube from a mobile device that the size and similar shape of a PDA.   There was nothing like that when I was in grade school.     You wanted to see a music video on demand, there was a TV station called The Box that had a hotline number you could dial and request a music video.   

I do remember impressing my peers when I bought a Handspring Visor Deluxe back in 2000  (that's a Palm OS based PDA), couldn't do much with them, heck they weren't even internet connected.  

Imagine today's kids and young adults who all they known is internet connected media.  The ones in grade school are easily getting distracted.  

I remember I could spell boobs on my calculator 

15 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

We grew up with the internet but social media didn't really become mainstream until around 2007 with Facebook. Most of us were adults by then. 

the bullying and rash effects of social media is something fb will understand. Probably will have to be 18 to have one.

However, kids are going to grow up better. The world if that. It's so much information and ultimately a plus for man-kind.  You wrong on that.

Tho I'll keey into "gen z" problems if it comes up again elsewhere. 

29 minutes ago, kokujin said:

the bullying and rash effects of social media is something fb will understand. Probably will have to be 18 to have one.

However, kids are going to grow up better. The world if that. It's so much information and ultimately a plus for man-kind.  You wrong on that.

Tho I'll keey into "gen z" problems if it comes up again elsewhere. 

Yeah a 190% increase in girls cutting themselves = growing up better. Got it 

52 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Also social media explosion started with Myspace back when most of us here were in our early 20s. 

I think since we grew up pre-Internet / social media we weren't easily consumed by it like the generation ahead of us.  

myspace was awesome. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

it was whore central. i gotta give it some love. 

Facebook is whore central.  But myspace let you change the html/auto-play music, and boy howdy was that a terrible fucking decision. :scared: 

Just now, McWicked said:

Facebook is whore central.  But myspace let you change the html/auto-play music, and boy howdy was that a terrible fucking decision. :scared: 

eh, in miami, myspace was essentially the first tinder.