PS4 has now sold through 91.6m as of Dec 31 2018 (+ more info)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ps4 is the best system since the ps2. Simply incredible  

Thread already derailed right from the start    

I signed up for a SEPARATE Sony account just for my music, dawg!

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It sold that just through November in the US, Benji already said it did over a million in the US for December so it sold at minimum 4.4 million. It sold 1.34 million alone in November..

You're a dumb fuck.

You don't have actual NPD numbers for the rest of the year. THe vast majority of its 2018 sales would have come in Octo-Dec. And that puts it at around 3 million.  Really doubtful that the other 9 months did more than a combined million.

And once again....................35 million + 4.4 million EQUALS..............under 40 million.:tom:How do you keep on forgetting the fact that you are PROVING me correct on this.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't know if I'd call it small, especially not extremely small. Their TV service seems to have been well adopted and PSNow accounts for like 54% of its respective market so it's no doubt a pretty substantial dig into that figure.

It is small. PlayStation Vue has less than a million subscribers. Who knows what PlayStation Now is... based on the revenue generated in a quarter it could range from  2-6 million subscribers.

Just now, jehurey said:

You don't have actual NPD numbers for the rest of the year. THe vast majority of its 2018 sales would have come in Octo-Dec. And that puts it at around 3 million.  Really doubtful that the other 9 months did more than a combined million.

And once again....................35 million + 4.4 million EQUALS..............under 40 million.:tom:How do you keep on forgetting the fact that you are PROVING me correct on this.

The rest of the year Jan-Oct accounts for 2,069,000 units, November accounts for 1,340,000 units... :snoop:

That would place it just below 40 million with only the United States being accounted for in 2018, kill yourself, you're an absolute moron.

Just now, lynux3 said:

It is small. PlayStation Vue has less than a million subscribers. Who knows what PlayStation Now is... based on the revenue generated in a quarter it could range from  2-6 million subscribers.

and how are these numbers seperate to regular PSN MAUs? What is the percentage of ppl who have Vue and PS Now and that is the ONLY reason they are logging in to PSN lol The number would be so tiny it is practically negligible. 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Then there's PS Video, PS Music etc. All of those things probably account for at least 10 million users. Where would that other growth have come from? You don't go from 74 million to 90 million users with only a 6 million jump in system sales...

Edited by DynamiteCop!

The rest of the year Jan-Oct accounts for 2,069,000 units, November accounts for 1,340,000 units... :snoop:

That would place it just below 40 million with only the United States being accounted for in 2018, kill yourself, you're an absolute moron.

LOL, October is estimated at over 800K units. That would mean that Jan-Sep was 1.2 million. Which is absolutely dismal.

Just how BIG do you think Europe and South America is????????????:tom:

In fact, the American numbers kind of prove that the vast majority of Xbox sales only occur in America.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL, October is estimated at over 800K units. That would mean that Jan-Sep was 1.2 million. Which is absolutely dismal.

Just how BIG do you think Europe and South America is????????????:tom:

In fact, the American numbers kind of prove that the vast majority of Xbox sales only occur in America.

The fuck are you talking about? It sold 212,000 in October...

What fucking planet are you living on...

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It truly is a work of art to watch Dyno work with factual exact numbers for Sony and a wide range of complete estimations from various analysts and random data for Xbox and do polar opposite theories :D

:tom:

Mind you, he's struggling to get the Xbox One number OVER 40 million.

He can't even get to 45 million, which would be just UNDER half of PS4's numbers.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Then there's PS Video, PS Music etc. All of those things probably account for at least 10 million users. Where would that other growth have come from? You don't go from 74 million to 90 million users with only a 6 million jump in system sales...

:hest:

It's almost like there is more monthly active users in months with higher sales, major game releases and holidays. The MAU was announced at CES so accounting for December MAUs

You realise that MAU can go up or down without a single new console being sold right? :D

The fuck are you talking about? It sold 212,000 in October...

What fucking planet are you living on...

LOL then how can you have 2 million over 10 months if its BARELY SCRAPPING OVER 200,000 in October??????????

:tom::tom: That means that it definitely failed to meet 200k in many months during January through the dead of Summer.  You went back and proved an EARLIER claim of mine correct.

Thank you, I guess? LOL

Just now, madmaltese said:

It's almost like there is more monthly active users in months with higher sales, major game releases and holidays. The MAU was announced at CES so accounting for December MAUs

You realise that MAU can go up or down without a single new console being sold right? :D

8 million higher than the hardware growth accounts for? :cosby2:

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

I signed up for a SEPARATE Sony account just for my music, dawg!:jasonj:

• Haha 1
Just now, jehurey said:

LOL then how can you have 2 million over 10 months if its BARELY SCRAPPING OVER 200,000 in October??????????

:tom::tom: That means that it definitely failed to meet 200k in many months during January through the dead of Summer.  You went back and proved an EARLIER claim of mine correct.

Thank you, I guess? LOL

Damn you are dumb dude... Like unequivocally moronic.

• January: 239,000
  • February: 279,000
  • March: 299,000
  • April: 132,000
  • May: 145,000
  • June: 240,000
  • July: 152,000
  • August: 165,000
  • September: 175,000
  • October: 212,000
  • November: 1,340,000
  • December: 1 million+

seriously kill yourself :hest:

8 million higher than the hardware growth accounts for? :cosby2:

:| 

You realise MAU increases can account for previously NON active users becoming active in a month right?

Yes, the holiday season, especially in a year with Red Dead and the most successful COD in ages will have vastly larger MAUs than a month half way into the year. 

Only you could be this dense to find that surprising. 

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You realise MAU increases can account for previously NON active users becoming active in a month right?

Yes, the holiday season, especially in a year with Red Dead and the most successful COD in ages will have vastly larger MAUs than a month half way into the year. 

True, MAU and PSN+ subscriber numbers always go down a little after the spike during the holiday season.

Edited by Pureis
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Of course I realize this but that still seems like a ridiculous figure. How do they even calculate this? Is it based upon accounts? Access points? Where is the information as to how they derive this data?

When you stipulate your own rules for what constitutes an active user without providing how it is derived it's probably a gross inflation of data.

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Of course I realize this but that still seems like a ridiculous figure. How do they even calculate this? Is it based upon accounts? Access points? Where is the information as to how they derive this data?

When you stipulate your own rules for what constitutes an active user without providing how it is derived it's probably a gross inflation of data.

Has an account logged in to PSN in that given month. If Yes then it is a MAU. 

It's not complicated.

Even less complicated is seeing a giant jump in that number after massive game releases like RDR2, COD, Spiderman. Even other previously major releases like GoW make an impact because many regular ppl wait till BF or Christmas to buy games. 

• Remij locked this topic