Metro Exodus story trailer.

i enjoyed the first 2. this looks solid. the writing seems awful, but i never cared for the story in 1 or 2 anyhow. great lighting and texture work in the environments. the people still look janky. i will buy it and flip it. 

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Looks great, I'm not %100 sure about the gameplay yet but I'm still willing to give it a try. It will be my first game in the series.

the gameplay is pretty standard FPS, and it's all extremely linear. the atmosphere sells it, though. 

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Looks cool, but graphically it was definitely downgraded since the initial showings.

indeed. especially the character models. they look kind of bad. poor animations too.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Metro should've remained a PC centric franchise first then console getting ports later. The first two games were graphical showcases for years after release. This one definitely doesn't appear to be in that class. 

I'm sure you're going to be quite surprised, the original games still look decently nuts and this is way ahead of that. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Metro should've remained a PC centric franchise first then console getting ports later. The first two games were graphical showcases for years after release. This one definitely doesn't appear to be in that class. 

word! i remember being so blown away by the first 2, especially the second. it blew my fucking mind. the environments and lighting in 3 look like a beefed up 2, but the character models look very 2014. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Then you should have told hermits to buy it .

This looks like a massive leap , not sure why you would think it would be any better if it was PC only 

Just now, Jon2B said:

Then you should have told hermits to buy it .

This looks like a massive leap , not sure why you would think it would be any better if it was PC only 

They obviously did since it is now getting it's 3rd entry in the series :|

Obviously it is going to sell more with a console launch though which is what they care about however it is also a bigger chance of getting drowned out. Very little people are talking about this, it is clustered between a bunch of big games and the people who have an affinity with the franchise don't seem to be the main target for this game. 

What about this looks like a massive leap to anything around it currently?

The first two Metros were legitimate leaps and standouts for their genre at their time. The games were graphical showcases and it is a series where that actually matters because that graphical prowess made the game ooze atmosphere and made it's setting the true star of the game. 

We'll see how it turns out. 

So you think it would sell better on PC alone even tho it's sandwiched in-between the same games ?

I say it's a big leap because it clearly has much better graphics than the first 2 games. 

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

So you think it would sell better on PC alone even tho it's sandwiched in-between the same games ?

I say it's a big leap because it clearly has much better graphics than the first 2 games. 

What part of 'Obviously it is going to sell more with a console launch' sounds like I said it would sell better on PC alone? fmd.

It's obviously going to sell better but also most likely to be drowned out in terms of people caring about the franchise. The original 2 metro games didn't set the world on fire sales wise but stuck out and were continually referred to as top examples in their franchise, I don't think the same will be the case here. 

Yeah you obviously are just not understanding anything I'm saying as usual. No shit it looks better than a 2010 and 2013. I'm talking about how those games looked in their respective genre at their respective time compared to how this one does, not how Exodus looks like compared to last light. You better fucking hope a 2019 game looks better than a 2013 game. 

Just now, Jon2B said:

What platform are you buying it on ?

Was originally planning PC but I'm in complete 'wait and see' mode for this game now. I'll see what reviews say regarding differences between platforms. I'm probably gonna wait till after launch though because I think it will be heavily discounted fairly quickly. 

Just now, Twinblade said:

uhh im guessing you guys forgot how good last light looked like (at least on PC)

2632063-5728637192-uqbb..jpg

If you put them side by side you would barely be able to notice the improvements in Exodus.

It would probably help to not compare a clean screenshot to a compressed to hell and artifacting Youtube video that's quick cutting every 3 seconds.